• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
Dan eats yogurt (of the Greek variety, in particular) for the first time during the newest episode of Metal Gear Scanlon.
He liked it.

Are we talking real Greek yoghurt here or that sugar crap they're selling you because you don't know better.

They really could use a new premium series, it's been almost nothing but Metal Gear Solid and the occasional Demo Derby for a year now.

Edit: Except for the excellent east coast stuff, actually.

Myggen

I think I actually prefer having those numbers out there, because I often find myself wondering whether the premium subscription stuff is "working out" for GB or not. I've heard that the Bombcast does really well but I don't know if I've ever heard them talk about the subscriptions at all. Also, the whole "well they don't need my $5" thing can go both ways, because if the money seems lacking for something (as in "not reaching the goal" lacking), people can take notice and decide to chip in.

Jeff talks about it on his Tumblr from time to time, every time he's mentioned it he's said that they have more subs than ever.

They really could use a new premium series, it's been almost nothing but Metal Gear Solid and the occasional Demo Derby for a year now.

While I agree, they have Game Tapes too now, in addition to the GBEast stuff.

edit for the new page: Kerbal: Project B.E.A.S.T - Part 13

Jeff talks about it on his Tumblr from time to time, every time he's mentioned it he's said that they have more subs than ever.

That's good to hear.

It makes you think they'd put a bit more of a focus on premium content, though. UPF feels more like they're checking off a box a lot of the time.

Myggen

That's good to hear.

It makes you think they'd put a bit more of a focus on premium content, though. UPF feels more like they're checking off a box a lot of the time.

I think Game Tapes is part of their response to that "problem". I'm sure they're okay either way. They could've made Project B.E.A.S.T. premium for example, if they had gotten a lot of feedback over people unsubscribing because of a lack of premium content or whatever.

derFeef

I stopped watching UPF live sadly and only watch episodes when there is something interesting, or this thread is mentioning highlights.

Myggen

I'm a subscriber until March 2025 now. For some reason I regularly think it's a good idea to buy more years when I come home drunk.

oti

Banned
I stopped watching UPF live sadly and only watch episodes when there is something interesting, or this thread is mentioning highlights.

UPF is my Saturday morning ritual. Wake up, fire up UPF and eat breakfast/clean the living room etc. It's like Saturday morning cartoons.

I finally got myself a Yoshi last night in Paper Mario: The Thousand Year Door, so I obviously named him Gerstman after that "game journalist" who hates on Yoshi.
That's good to hear.

Yeah I'd like them to go crazy nuts, balls out more often. But Vinny's on the East coast so they no longer have anyone with media training with them :(
UPF is my Saturday morning ritual. Wake up, fire up UPF and eat breakfast/clean the living room etc. It's like Saturday morning cartoons.
Yeah, it's exactly the same for me. Or if I've been away for the weekend it's what I put on when I get home.

UPF no longer interests me, they usually barely pay attention to the games being played and I hear enough of them shooting the shit in the Bombcast every week. It's something I'll have on in the background if I happen to be on the computer when they're streaming, and I don't know if that's worth a subscription.

Game Tapes is actually really interesting since I missed out on that era of gaming media.

Edit: Powerbombcast is also relevant to my interests, unfortunately.

oti

Banned
But seriously where is Mario Party Party? Cancel all the wrestling, Formula 1 and other meaningless stuff because only Mario Party Party truly matters.

Zaph

The difference is that unlike GB, their finances are pretty much out in the open, atleast the crowdfunding part. People will see a number and think "well, they don't need my $5 anymore" when in fact, they might actually do. And new Patreons seem to work like a Kickstarter where there's initial hype, but the goal is actually a continuous flow of income.
I don't know, relying on Patreon looks scary from the outside.

Yeah, if people understood money, I'd say the openness is a good thing, but Kickstarter has kinda proven that so much of the gaming community has no idea how much things cost. I'm glad GB keeps things vague.

Like right now their Patreon is at nearly $9k/mo - factoring in the cost of employment, that's like one senior editor's salary. But if you say that, you start a shitstorm with accusations of greed, which in-turn encourages creators to really low-ball goals just to scrape by.

Jintor

i have no fucking idea how they
fucked the fairings so badly
but austin's amazing hysterical laughter was worth it

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I don't really understand why anything that happened in this ep of kerbal had to happen.

I'm pretty sure Vinny is purposely butchering kerbals now.

Strax

b%C3%B3nus.jpg

The Bónus Pig!

Antiwhippy

I still don't understand why anything happened.

Like, just life in general.

Beastcrew makes me contemplate the futility of existence.

Renpatsu

And anime was not mentioned at all.
Not accounting for the deluge of posts bemoaning, decrying, celebrating, and reaffirming that anime be not mentioned we got:

Let's not talk about anime. Anime is for jerks.

Let's talk about good time travel fiction like Steins;Gate and Erased instead.
Dan was born under the most Lucky Star.
2 explicit references to Anime in 11 pages.

That's got to be a record.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
This is good, but the best moment of the episode is still the first time they
detach their smaller rocket inside the cone and it takes them a few seconds to realize that their primary engine is still firing, completely out of their control, and their ship is stuck bouncing around inside

oh my god I died laughing
I just got to that part a few minutes ago.

Oh, man. I haven't laughed so hard in a while.

Myggen

Oh nice, I missed that part 3 of the new Persona 4 ER had been uploaded to YT. Keeping a good pace with these videos.

Myggen

The P4 ER Remastered project is one of the most insane video projects I've seen in a long time. At least I think he's not going to do dungeons, that would be virtually impossible. I applaud the ambition.

Antiwhippy

Though really, he should have waited for the inevitable ps4 remake 6 months after p5 is released.

For the psvr.

Anyone give Salt and Sanctuary a try yet? Tried it over the weekend and I'm really liking the Metroid-vania exploration aspect of it but the early enemies and how they crop up seem kind of annoying so far. They're not really hard or complicated but when they just rise up from under you and get trapped between 2 it gets annoying.

Watched the Trackmania 2 video again, forgot for a minute that I was in the server at the time and was delighted to see my glee of completing that one bullshit track.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom