• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Technomancer

card-carrying scientician
A lot smaller

Only had 5 minutes with that and it still bugs me I didn't fix the perspective on the headset. Also, looks like the video got linked in a couple gg sewers, which is a shame.
I have to wonder what the revenue split between ads and subs is for GB. I think Jeff said offhandedly a few months ago "and we're lucky this subscription thing worked out for us", I have to imagine they'd be in actual financial trouble if they just had to rely on advertising

By financial trouble I mean CBS would basically keep around a much smaller staff

I have to wonder what the revenue split between ads and subs is for GB. I think Jeff said offhandedly a few months ago "and we're lucky this subscription thing worked out for us", I have to imagine they'd be in actual financial trouble if they just had to rely on advertising

I believe Jeff has said a number of times that the subs are the reason CBS picked them up in the first place and that the subs generate way more cash than ad runs do.

You are my Everyday Hero.

Aww.

Myggen

Jeff has said that they wouldn't have survived without subs, and it's the reason CBSi bought them.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I do wonder how much revenue giantbomb brings in though. They are a pretty small crew but it can't be cheap hiring people who live in SF and NY. Just to throw totally random numbers out there if the median income is 70000, would 1 million USD a year even be worth it to CBSi?

justjim89

There was some really fun discussion in the new MGScanlon. As with Project BEAST and Vinnyvania, it kinda works best as a podcast until you hear yelling then you tab back over. Dan singing Chatahoochie was really funny.

Also, to Dan or Brad: HitDan: Brad Money needs to be a thing.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I know some people are into it, but the whole notion of "it's good background noise" really isn't that appealing to me...just sounds like it's not worth the time.

Oh and since I've been vocal about some of the guest articles: the latest one and the interview were pretty good. Shame they had to cut the podcast short.

Myggen

I have to imagine GB's numbers are pretty damn good if CBS was willing to let them pay freelance writers, the Best of Giant Bomb guy, etc.

And hiring a few new people when GS had to cut back etc.

edit Watching the Pokken QL now, what the fuck is up with this announcer and why isn't it a placeholder.

edit Watching the Pokken QL now, what the fuck is up with this announcer and why isn't it a placeholder.

You can turn down/off the announcer entirely, or switch her over to her JP voice which is waaaaaay better. Actually all the english VA work is terribad, I think I've read that they recorded it with whoever was available in house at the time.

Pokken's such a good playing game, but it's sad that they seemed to half ass it in a few places.

mhanna49

Neo Member
Dan doing funny voices in the latest Metal Gear Scanlon entertained me far more than watching Drew struggle through the game.

Zaph

Calling it now: Film and 40s Running Man episode coming soon

3ySK6ct.gif

Hope so. Re-watched it recently and it was as perfect as I remember

KingKong

in between Drew dying stupidly, talking about the funniest words for balls and Dan not knowing anything about yoghurt and trying it for the first time on air, this is a great episode

KingKong

Drews insistence on not just clicking through all the yellow tapes because they might be important to listen to while at the same time not actually wanting to listen to them is very puzzling

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Drews insistence on not just clicking through all the yellow tapes because they might be important to listen to while at the same time not actually wanting to listen to them is very puzzling

If they're mandatory, they god damned well should have something you need to hear in them. It doesn't make me actually want to listen to the garbage Kojima writes any more, but I still feel compelled to if I'm playing.

he should just listen to the hamburger tapes and the post-ending tapes. Nothing else really is worth his time.

So now they can use a mouse without going hunchback? Hooray.

they were only a steam controller away from being able to do that for months now though

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom