• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

BearPawB

Banned
man, germany sucks

but you know what doesn't

clockwork knight

There were so many mediocre Saturn games that i loved as a kid

272-Bug!_(U)-3.jpg

400959-scud-the-disposable-assassin-sega-saturn-screenshot-first.png

dsbilan.jpg

Dark Savior is SOOOO cool. I wish more games handled the first 20 minutes like it does.
Basically, how you play out the first 20 minutes completely changes how the story plays out.

ugh.

See Jeff Gave it a 6.7 "All in all, Dark Savior is a good role-playing game, though the control problems make this game difficult to wholeheartedly recommend." He knows whats up

Dark Savior is SOOOO cool. I wish more games handled the first 20 minutes like it does.
Basically, how you play out the first 20 minutes completely changes how the story plays out.

ugh.

Dark Savior piqued my interest just because the box art is straight up Blue Stinger style CG.

Bowlie

Banned
Is it creepy if someone reads someone else's twitter but never uses their own twitter to post?

asking for a friend

who is me

are you reading what's happening in your TL or are you literally searching through a person's entire history? No problem using your Twitter as a "news feed".

Welp... Giant Bomb's large- and giant-sized splash images for front-page content are all borked; instead of the proper image, theyr're just random, sold stripes of color. Affected articles/videos/etc still load fine, though.

Someone put up the Dave signal.

are you reading what's happening in your TL or are you literally searching through a person's entire history? No problem using your Twitter as a "news feed".

I don't follow anyone such that I have a timeline. I just google "*video game person* twitter" and read like the last day and jump to related people when they come up.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Welp... Giant Bomb's large- and giant-sized splash images for front-page content are all borked; instead of the proper image, theyr're just random, sold stripes of color. Affected articles/videos/etc still load fine, though.

Someone put up the Dave signal.

They're just off air.

Tubobutts

I don't follow anyone such that I have a timeline. I just google "*video game person* twitter" and read like the last day and jump to related people when they come up.
That's what I do except I don't have a Twitter account and instead of googling I click on their name on the Twitter thing on giant bomb.

Lunar FC

When they first showed the wreckage, I didn't even see Alonso's car. Thats how mangled that thing was

F1 whips do have the propensity to disintegrate on impact. Glad to see Alonso walk away from that one. Also seeing haas scoring points in their first race was incredible.

Doop

I'm rewatching old Mario Party Party's. I miss the old studio, I hope they give the new one some more decorations.

Derek Yu wrote a book about Spelunky and it's so good. This is a reminder that Spelunky is the best game of all time. And Spelunkin' with Scoops was the best feature on the site.

Since I preordered the book they sent an eBook ahead of release and I just finished reading it. Was pleased to see Alex Navarro's name from his review and he mentions the time in the quick look they turned the bombs to 99 in deathmatch.

Tucah

you speak so well

ugh.

See Jeff Gave it a 6.7 "All in all, Dark Savior is a good role-playing game, though the control problems make this game difficult to wholeheartedly recommend." He knows whats up

I'm sure Bug! is absolutely awful but I ADORED it as a kid.

justjim89

Dan's having issues with his Hitman stream. Running the game in DX12 in general seems to be kinda spotty in terms of stability.

BearPawB

Banned
I'm sure Bug! is absolutely awful but I ADORED it as a kid.

Its been forever since I played it, i remember it being REALLY hard, but also really rewarding.

Part of me doesn't want to go back and play a saturn, because of how dissapointed i would surely be

StoveOven

Banned
I'm really curious how Dan will tackle the Paris mission. I spent like an hour on my first run and left with a pretty unsatisfying kill. I don't think Dan has the patience for that.

Edit: I was right.

justjim89

Dan really seems like an atypical type of Hitman player. Instead of immersing himself in the world and the simulation, he pokes and prods at everything he can and occasionally learns something. He plays it much more video-gamey, especially for a first run through a level.

That being said, it's really entertaining. He's just kinda exploring at the moment, learning the level and the rules. If he happens to successfully take out the target, I'll be surprised.

I just went through Paris and actually bought it because I wanted to see the chaos that didn't happen in the quick look ("What if you shot a gun in the opening scene on the stairs?", "What if you strangle the reporter girl?")

My kills were probably unsatisfying, but, it was my first time playing a Hitman game ever.
I poisoned the dude w/ the Boxer drink, then followed him into the bathroom and strangled him and his bodyguard. Then as the bodyguard, went up to the live auction and when the lady went on the deck, I pushed her over the ledge, jumped off the side, slid down a pipe and ran to the heli. Scene.

justjim89

I just went through Paris and actually bought it because I wanted to see the chaos that didn't happen in the quick look ("What if you shot a gun in the opening scene on the stairs?", "What if you strangle the reporter girl?")

My kills were probably unsatisfying, but, it was my first time playing a Hitman game ever.
I poisoned the dude w/ the Boxer drink, then followed him into the bathroom and strangled him and his bodyguard. Then as the bodyguard, went up to the live auction and when the lady went on the deck, I pushed her over the ledge, jumped off the side, slid down a pipe and ran to the heli. Scene.

Those are some quality kills, man.

kai3345

Banned

ive put 10 hours into the paris level alone. if the quality keeps up this is an early goty contender i think

StoveOven

Banned

That second one is pretty great

"Screw you. Don't be alive." :lol

Dan really seems like an atypical type of Hitman player. Instead of immersing himself in the world and the simulation, he pokes and prods at everything he can and occasionally learns something.

This is the way I treat most games, the "go right when the Bioshock arrow says to go left" mentality, but for some reason, I don't play that way at all in games that prioritize stealth like Hitman. I guess I instinctively try my best to step back from the game and quietly observe when I'm given the opportunity to, which is probably why it's so fascinating to watch someone who just barrels straight in and sees what happens.

I love that the mirrors in this game actually work like mirrors. It's insane that it's a rare thing in 2016.

Dan eats yogurt (of the Greek variety, in particular) for the first time during the newest episode of Metal Gear Scanlon.
He liked it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom