• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm pretty sure I've come close to being banned before by arguing with people trying to convince them that maybe avoiding sexualizing minors is more important than the supposed artistic vision of whatever dumb game you're defending

it's not worth it

Has the size of that crowd grown or are these sort of things just getting more coverage now than previously? Because I feel like I've heard more about these dumb "censorship" freakouts in the past year than ever before.

I'm pretty sure I've come close to being banned before by arguing with people trying to convince them that maybe avoiding sexualizing minors is more important than the supposed artistic vision of whatever dumb game you're defending

it's not worth it

The character isn't underage this time. Also, there's some sort of sex-harlequin in SO5, so I don't know what's going on with this diaper-edit.

Also...

Giant Bomb is a site about video games. So getting twisted when confronted with the reality that video games are children's toys is probably not the best reaction. Same as how so many adult Star Wars fans get greasy and moist when confronted by the fact that those movies are for kids (as Jeff himself mentions whenever Star Wars comes up.)

So no, discovering a child's coffin with Call of Duty on it shouldn't come as any more of an affront or surprise than one with Spider-Man or Spongebob. But let's say it does come as a shock. Perhaps taking the 5 seconds to type "call of duty coffin" into Google to get the full story before rushing to be the King of Twitter Snark Shit Mountain would have been a better idea?

The guy who donated them built them himself and customized them with things that the kids liked (Dallas Cowboys, WWE, Frozen, CoD.) What an asshole amirite? I bet he doesn't even know what kayfabe means.

I really hope you don't put this much thought into every picture or thing you come across. Some people are able to look at something think it's kind of silly and move on. Games are dumb, coffin with a game on it...kinda dumb. Sure the context and everything around it sucks fucking balls, but I am able to just look at that picture think it's dumb and go about the day. Not everything requires context and understanding.

kvk1

i kinda wish there was a separate Steam group for this thread, like GB-GAF or something

the official group is too big and fragmented outside of this forum to be of any use

i want to creep on what kinds of games y'all are playing

honestly I read about half the OP before bailing. it's not worth the headache anymore

just know this is the latest salvo in the #waronbutts

i kinda wish there was a separate Steam group for this thread, like GB-GAF or something

the official group is too big and fragmented outside of this forum to be of any use

pokemon black

i have eight badges

Lunar FC

Be a leader.

yami4ct

Has the size of that crowd grown or are these sort of things just getting more coverage now than previously? Because I feel like I've heard more about these dumb "censorship" freakouts in the past year than ever before.

There's a small crowd that's always talked about this shit on niche japanese game communities, but GG has really latched onto the 'issue' and just exploded it.

it's not worth it

I feel like I've gotten close in similar situations as well.

I've definitely wrote a few posts and gone 'that's just me asking for a temp ban' and then deleted them and walked out of the thread.

No_Style

I thought of the same thing when I was adding the GB guys on PSN's follow system.

Seems like a cool bunch here.

it feels like the GGs found a new cause of latch onto so it's getting a lot of that traffic.

It's stupid, really. If you want the japanese version because of some sort artist/cultural purity thing then import it and play that version, i mean here are the amount of people stopping you from doing that:

The response is so well mobilized in a way that extreme partisan political response is (reactions to american flag tie-pins, being at a baseball game, etc. being so quick), like now anytime there is a localization change it's a "story" to those folks. It's become a signal flare, I'm sure most people getting angry didn't give two shits about localization 6 months ago. Now they are "informed".

jaina

we have the PS4 community.. which is lying dormant

yami4ct

Oooo. My Transformers Masterpiece Shockwave just came in today. Just paid to ship him out. So excited to get him. He looks too good.

reduced-galery_image_11018_17850.jpg

i like project beast but i do think it's time has come. It lost some steam after they returned to earth successfully and the SM episode.

It was great for a while there but all good things must come to an end

yami4ct

I'm for more B.E.A.S.T if they set a new lofty goal and go for it. This Rescue the Kerbals arc is boring and repetitive. It doesn't help that his co-pilots basically force Vinny to not use all the mechanics.

Bowlie

Banned
Can someone explain to me why this Ace Attorney 5 demo looks so fucking beautiful? The change from the DS games is huuuuuuuuuuuge.
I need to buy that.

popo

The VR stream was fantastic. Jason toiling away in the control room for ~12 hours and then going home to raise a child kind of blows my mind.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Jason is a trooper but it blew your mind? It isn't like he is a single parent working two jobs, seven days a week.

I mean, don't get me wrong, Jason is a trooper but it blew your mind? It isn't like he is a single parent working two jobs, seven days a week.

It did in the sense that he didn't switch out with Drew at any point during the 12+ hours, plus it seemed like it was more work involved than a usual stream in terms of cropping the VR feed and whatnot. It's not like I'm claiming he is the hardest working parent in human history, that just seems like an crazy day to pull off.

yami4ct

Should also clarify: enjoyable without in app purchases. Fine if the game has them, I just don't want to be a part of it.

You have to be smarter about how you play it, but my PAD Japanese account that I haven't IAPed at all is arguably stronger than my US account that I've spend maybe a couple hundred on over almost 4 years. It's very playable without IAPing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom