• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Yeah, at least the CGI in wrestling is good, unlike, 300.

tumblr_ne3a6rUznr1r96fbco1_400.gif

I honestly think Sucker Punch is better 300 just because the visuals are just much more interesting. Sucker Punch can actually work as a long music video and still be interesting. 300 basically feels like a long music video except it's really boring visually.

sneaky77

I always feel that most Snyder movies are too cut up for time and don't have enough time to flow logically as a story. He does have an interesting visual style, even if he's pretty bleak in theme usually

The American cringe of "the c word" is so different to here. I didn't get that entire episode of Curb Your Enthusiasm (not the aunt one, the other one).

We drop it pretty liberally, sometimes as a term of endearment.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Or just do a 2 hour talk with Rorie session. Nobody else on camera. Just zoomed in on Rorie as he answers questions about puppies from chat.

yeah bring back matt rorie's puppy chat

That was a chill stream

Renpatsu

Sucker Punch was alright if you turned your brain off and didn't think too hard about it. Same with 300.
Sucker Punch is a bit too slight and the plays pretty loose with its narrative. Couple that with some visually uninspired CG (I'm thinking the robot train sequence) that didn't really hold up at the time and you have a movie that I found wanting.

For all that I think Snyder has an interesting directorial style even if his movies don't often work for me.

I don't remember much about Sunshine anymore, but I remember being so disappointed by it. Probably my most disappointing game of all time.

I want to go back and play it because of how much it has come up since Dan has come to GB. I remember absolutely loving it at the time where I didn't really like Mario 64. Which I understand is probably more insane

Edit: My dislike for Mario 64 is probably mostly because I came late to 64 and ended up liking DK 64 and Banjo Kazooie more than Mario 64.

During all their superhero talk I wish they somehow found out there is a new villain coming to The Flash comics that's a speedster named Godspeed. Just because it's an awesome damn name for a speedster and it's crazy to think it was never used before.

i finally finished halo 4.

that was a thing. I appreciated the game's campaign not being quite as uneven as the other numbered halo games but boy, it was missing something. It looked great, played well, but the plot is kinda haphazardly played out and the game doesn't escalate events in any meaningful way as to make you feel tension or anxiousness about preventing the Didact from, you know, killing the whole of human existence. I also could've used a bit more backstory on Requiem and such, it's just a forerunner planet or something? Even the first halo went out of its way to explain to you the purpose of the halo rings so it's weird that the game doesn't spell much out for you

At least I can finally see the Halo 4 extra life videos now. Oh, and i can play halo 5 soonish though i'm kinda in no rush after how flat halo 4's campaign felt. I would've gladly taken some of the previous halo games's highs even if that meant I would need to have their lows, too.

derFeef

lol the dualGPU correction. "I knew about those"
Except you clearly said the opposit, Jeff...

Is it okay to dislike jeff? I don't even know who he really is and why he is on there...

pretty early in the morning to be playing Halo 4, Alex

First off, i finished it late last night and went to bed like a cool guy would

second, i'm not alex

last, halo 4 is like the thingiest of things so, no, i will not take that back

also, between Ed Boon fucking trolling PC gamers with his esports announcement and Dave Lang's Killer Instinct being fucked on PCs, it's not been a good showing lately from chicago devs and giant bomb buddies

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom