• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

repeater

Drew dying on the Eli side op is a new low
What utter bullshit that "mission" is though. If Kojima absolutely felt like he had to tell Eli's "story" through missions, he should have put some effort into actually designing something. I mean, so much else is stowed away in tapes, he might as well have gotten whatever point he intended to make across in a tape and spare us that terrible "fight".

Jeff blowing nose should of been premium content.
Link?

DxPw4.gif

I'm not shocked they're from Va. Beach.

in between Drew dying stupidly, talking about the funniest words for balls and Dan not knowing anything about yoghurt and trying it for the first time on air, this is a great episode

I kind of wish they had figured out earlier that the solution to MGS5 was to just go full stupid. they should listen to all the codecs while playing another game entirely

Curufinwe

Reading the MGSV comments it seems like Drew is still refusing to play side missions even though that would help unlock the main missions they want to get to?

Scizzy

I wonder if it might be time for Vinny to stop reading feedback to the Beastcast. Between apologizing repeatedly for discussing VR (and this was the newiest VR week in some time) and the way he strangled The Division talk in its bed, it sometimes feels like we're losing some solid grounds for discussion.

kiguel182

I chose a great avatar, clearly.

I wonder if it might be time for Vinny to stop reading feedback to the Beastcast. Between apologizing repeatedly for discussing VR (and this was the newiest VR week in some time) and the way he strangled The Division talk in its bed, it sometimes feels like we're losing some solid grounds for discussion.

Yeah, I agree with this. It seems he tries to please too much at times and while being aware of feedback isn't bad they might've taken a little too far this week. They should discuss whatever and if people don't like it, well, they can not listen.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
I really like the corrections part of the Beastcast, though. And I guess that's feedback. Atleast you can't avoid it if you want to have that segment. The Bombcast never returns to a topic they've been wrong about and that can be kind of annoying. Even for them, because I'm sure they receive the mail for that.

Zaph

Welcome back. Did you at least get a mix tape recorded while away?

I really like the corrections part of the Beastcast, though. And I guess that's feedback. Atleast you can't avoid it if you want to have that segment. The Bombcast never returns to a topic they've been wrong about and that can be kind of annoying. Even for them, because I'm sure they receive the mail for that.

I really don't like it and I'm glad the Bombcast doesn't do it. Use the viewer feedback to know where you went wrong (if at all - sometimes it's just bullshit like the console/pc stuff recently) and try to improve in those areas in the future, but the corrections and apologising just comes across as insecurity.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Cutting discussions because they don't want to talk too much about any given thing is unnecessary. For the most part I trust them to talk about stuff they've talked about before without retreading old ground, so I don't see the problem with more division or vr talk or whatever it may be.

FStop7

Banned
Drew's utter lack of interest in finding answers to all of the crazy shit that was proposed at the beginning of MGS5 says to me that he should stop playing.

santeesioux

Drew's utter lack of interest in finding answers to all of the crazy shit that was proposed at the beginning of MGS5 says to me that should stop playing.

They should probably just let him watch youtube videos of most of the second chapter and then have him play the final two missions or so. You could just see the "I've had enough of this" on their faces when he was going for that blueprint.

MGSV really is a game for one to finish within a week or two

I can't imagine trying to play it over a span of several months, having that dark cloud hang over you like that

FStop7

Banned
By the way, the fact that both the GB and Destiny threads have the word "Architects" in their titles is messing with me. I keep misreading this thread's title as "Killed by the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth."

kvk1

By the way, the fact that both the GB and Destiny threads have the word "Architects" in their titles is messing with me. I keep misreading this thread's title as "Killed by the Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth."

Makes you think.

That Stardew Valley diversity thread went exactly where you'd expect any thread regarding diversity to go on gaming.

It's disappointing really.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I wonder if they're keeping MGSV going just out of a sense of obligation, if they really seem as disinterested as you guys say. I mean, they seemed disinterested like 3 episodes in. And there's really very little story in Part 2 that you couldn't youtube. Just let this miserable feature end already so we can get more Demo Derbies, or HitDan, or videos of Brad playing iPhone games, or literally anything else, please. please.

HitDan though...

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
I guess I'm one of those people who can just take or leave VR. It doesn't excite me, but I don't mind hearing about it when there is interesting news to talk about (as there was this week). I don't really want to hear people continually fawn over it, but I think that extends to anything really. Constantly praising one thing isn't interesting to listen to so I don't think VR is along in that regard.

Lunar FC

I can't wait for the rescue missions to be over. But there will surely be a long break before they try to do something else.

That Stardew Valley diversity thread went exactly where you'd expect any thread regarding diversity to go on gaming.

I didn't comment in the thread, but the thread made me realize that I didn't even notice the lack of diversity but somehow ended up marrying Maru, with Robin and Demetrius being my two highest hearts besides Maru and Linus.

The funny/weird thing is most the time before this whenever diversity was brought up it was mostly in regards to guys not having facial hair...

Zaph

The full suggested title is HitDan: Brad Money, thank you very much.

And heaven forbid we want some premium Shoemaker in our lives again.
Make it really interesting- HitDan: Brad's Money

Each time Brad fails a challenge set by Dan, he has to pony up.

Make it really interesting- HitDan: Brad's Money

Each time Brad fails a challenge set by Dan, he has to pony up.

Or make it an even bet on some kind of off the wall challenge. Not ones in the game but ones Dan makes up himself and then he give Brad odds to beat it and Brad bets on his feeling of success.

FStop7

Banned

I totally agree. Firing up the Outrage Siren over one aspect of a one man dev team's extremely complicated undertaking is ridiculous. Especially considering the game's only just been released and there are numerous changes coming as well as a burgeoning mod community.

Myggen

Dan has played all(?) the Hitman games, and has played Blood Money several times. Wasn't the best part about the Hitman videos that neither Dan or Brad had played the game before? You lose a lot of the magic if Dan knows the maps, what's gonna happen if you do something like he's gonna do especially with Blood Money. The best thing imo would be to play every episode of the new Hitman when it comes out like Brad has suggested, not to go back to games Dan has played before.

Lunar FC

Dan has played all(?) the Hitman games, and has played Blood Money several times. Wasn't the best part about the Hitman videos that neither Dan or Brad had played the game before? You lose a lot of the magic if Dan knows the maps, what's gonna happen if you do something like he's gonna do especially with Blood Money. The best thing imo would be to play every episode of the new Hitman when it comes out like Brad has suggested, not to go back to games Dan has played before.

Yeah it would end up being Dan forcing Brad to do something because he thought it was hilarious. And it's usually not that hilarious.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom