• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

Is there a date for the Vive stream yet?

Jeff said on Twitter that they would probably do a stream if they can get their hands on a Vive before launch, which they currently dont have. I would expect it to be a launch day stream like the Oculus one, and the launch is Wednesday next week, right?

jaina

Is there a date for the Vive stream yet?
No. and still no Vive at CBSi San Francisco confirmed, that's the least they need. But I think with the success of the Oculus stream and Jeff's intention to do another stream, the question is only whether it can happen on launch day or later.

I need another VR stream.

Hopefully Brad can call in some favours, cash in some DotA chests or whatever, and get a Vive rush-delivered to the office. I have faith in his networking abilities.

Also, Vive is the room scale one, right? I wonder how that would work during a stream, logistically.

Myggen

I need another VR stream.

Hopefully Brad can call in some favours, cash in some DotA chests or whatever, and get a Vive rush-delivered to the office. I have faith in his networking abilities.

Also, Vive is the room scale one, right? I wonder how that would work during a stream, logistically.

Get Muir on the phone!

If you have a ton of employees getting death threats over one person, the safety of many becomes an issue. It's a fucking impossible situation. I think they made the wrong choice, but I honestly have zero idea how you make that choice. It's so fucking shitty we live in a society where this is accepted behavior.

It's not an accepted behavior, but the internet offers such a strong echo chamber that you'd think it was. GG is in the same league as KKK--technically speaking they're allowed to say what they want, but no one in their right mind would support what they were doing. It's blatant sexism.

Nintendo doesn't have the right choice, it has two bowls of shit soup in front of it.

No_Style

I love the single plastic hair piece that the anime girls wear in Nights of Azure. They're like formal head pieces and don't behave like hair at all.

yami4ct

It's not an accepted behavior, but the internet offers such a strong echo chamber that you'd think it was. GG is in the same league as KKK--technically speaking they're allowed to say what they want, but no one in their right mind would support what they were doing. It's blatant sexism.

Nintendo doesn't have the right choice, it has two bowls of shit soup in front of it.

I would say the way our legal system and social media systems handle shit like Doxxing, serial and organized harassment and internet death threats (IE. They don't do shit) constitutes making this 'accepted behavior'. Having no consequences is pretty much the same as condoning it.

I agree with your assessment of Nintendo's place, though. There is no good choice. There is one choice that is arguably a bit less shit, but it is still shit and I can understand why they went the way they did. Again, it doesn't mean I agree, but I don't know if I could make the 'right' choice I'd be arguing for if I was in their shoes.

pizzacat

Banned
Holy shit, seeing that T-rex moving around in VR makes me wanna have a demo were you are in the Ford Explorer in Jurassic Park and just looking around with the T-rex outside and its raining...that could be awesome if done good.
fHc21zV.gif

I would say the way our legal system and social media systems handle shit like Doxxing, serial and organized harassment and internet death threats (IE. They don't do shit) constitutes making this 'accepted behavior'. Having no consequences is pretty much the same as condoning it.

I'm going to say that the fact everyone "forgets" about GG following a week of a particular event is more to do than any kind of legal proceedings. I'd put money down on this disappearing from mention by tomorrow evening.

yami4ct

I'm going to say that the fact everyone "forgets" about GG following a week of a particular event is more to do than any kind of legal proceedings. I'd put money down on this disappearing from mention by tomorrow evening.

I don't think GGers give a fuck about being disliked by people they consider 'the enemy'. There needs to be major consequences to these people in their real lives for there to be an impact.

I'm not saying we should prosecute the occasional asshole troll, but those who organize group harassment, make death threats, DOX people, etc. need consequences.

I don't think GGers give a fuck about being disliked by people they consider 'the enemy'. There needs to be major consequences to these people in their real lives for there to be an impact.

I'm not saying we should prosecute the occasional asshole troll, but those who organize group harassment, make death threats, DOX people, etc. need consequences.

I'm not disagreeing.

The nice thing about these threads is that there are always GGers who can't hold their hate boners back and the mods get to have a field day.

http://kotaku.com/nintendo-employee-terminated-after-smear-campaign-over-1768100368

Patrick doing work

But we do know this: Nintendo was publicly silent while one of their employees was harassed and smeared online over something she did not do. That’s a fact. It’s not in dispute. Nintendo watched Rapp become the center of a witch hunt and did nothing publicly to defend her. Despite my requests for comment, the company said nothing. As it turns out, maybe that silence said everything.

Myggen

I know some people here do this from time to time, so: What kind of free sites/apps etc do you use to cut mp3 files? The one I use is really fucking with me right now and I need this to make Bombcast clips!

kAmui-

I know some people here do this from time to time, so: What kind of free sites/apps etc do you use to cut mp3 files? The one I use is really fucking with me right now and I need this to make Bombcast clips!

When you say app do you mean like mobile app?

kAmui-

If you use Audacity, remember to download the mp3 encoder too so you can export mp3 files and don't have to first export wav and then convert to mp3.

hamchan

All this PS4K and upgradable XBO talk has just made it all the easier for me to go all in on PC gaming and never buy a console at launch again.

Much better for me to just play every game PC where everything is better, then wait for the end of the gen to pick up a console to clean up a few exclusive games for bargain prices.

Zaph

Cheers!

And app was the wrong word for it.

Audacity is good, but lately I've been doing most simple edits of a/v just using ffmpeg and .bat files.

Takes a minute of googling to learn the syntax, but it's then really easy to just copy/paste your timestamps and have the script produce all the files in one go. Can even add a still image to turn it into a video quickly.

Jintor

This is the fucking worst thing to wake up to in the never ending war that is video game culture.

Nintendo, you pack of fucking cowards

Although really I prefer using Premier Pro just because I know how to quickly cut stuff together in that program, but that's far from legally free.

The more I think about the Nintendo stuff the shittier I feel because Nintendo is like the one company that still puts out games I constantly enjoy. At least I can count on them for games not to be boring to me. But it's a bad situation and I can't muster up any counterpoint for people who want to call them cowards/want them to defend their employees... I disagree with them, but not in any logical way. Best I can say is that we don't know the entire situation.

Myggen

Audacity is good, but lately I've been doing most simple edits of a/v just using ffmpeg and .bat files.

Takes a minute of googling to learn the syntax, but it's then really easy to just copy/paste your timestamps and have the script produce all the files in one go. Can even add a still image to turn it into a video quickly.

Good tip. There seems to be some reported problems with Audacity and Win 10 for now, but hoping it works out. Been using some really shitty programs and sites up until now, so need to get a more stable solution going for all my hot podcast clips.

hamchan

Y'all.. how has Giant Bomb Presents been thus far? I'm out of the loop.

They've changed it to a video series where Giant Bomb receives a number of wrapped presents from fans but it turns out to be old garbage.

Seriously though, I haven't been listening to them and people here don't talk about it much, so I don't know if the audience for them is super high.

I really hope this story gets traction on sites inside and outside of the industry because it's completely fucked and NOA needs to be held accountable

I really hope this story gets traction on sites inside and outside of the industry because it's completely fucked and NOA needs to be held accountable

Yeah, the more I dwell on it the more I realise how completely fucked it is and sweeping it under the rug just sets a terrible precedent.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom