• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't comment in the thread,

it's always nice to see those threads get filled up with racism (casual and blatant), everybody pointing fingers, and paranoia everywhere

it'd be almost funny if it wasn't sad

I'm not reading that

Guys I check this thread and GAF too much.

Help.

try getting banned, it's effective

also you can only use the white theme when you're not logged in, it's disgusting

No_Style

Checking into the new thread for the first time. I appreciate its simplicity but I miss people's selection of photos for each staff member & their respective blurbs.

Checking into the new thread for the first time. I appreciate its simplicity but I miss people's selection of photos for each staff member & their respective blurbs.

I like zaph and I know this one was made out of desperation, but even steve's ms paint thread was a little less sad

Zaph

OP is a work in progress that's inspired by modern game development: it'll be updated piecemeal and by the time it's finished nobody will care.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
I totally agree. Firing up the Outrage Siren over one aspect of a one man dev team's extremely complicated undertaking is ridiculous. Especially considering the game's only just been released and there are numerous changes coming as well as a burgeoning mod community.

I don't think the OP was outraged at all, it was a pretty even-handed point. I didn't read past the OP but the language was not at all fire and brimstone, more just "I noticed this and I think it could stand to be better". Absolutely nothing wrong with that. We, in the sense of games culture, can't just talk about diversity in the abstract and expect things to just get better all on their own, sometimes you have to point it out in specific games. Just like with the Witcher 3. The only outrage typically comes from bros who are offended that you dare to suggest the developers are not luminescent beings of pure creative vision who can do no wrong, and that any criticism that falls within the realm of social justice is censorship or what have you.

Dan has played all(?) the Hitman games, and has played Blood Money several times. Wasn't the best part about the Hitman videos that neither Dan or Brad had played the game before? You lose a lot of the magic if Dan knows the maps, what's gonna happen if you do something like he's gonna do especially with Blood Money. The best thing imo would be to play every episode of the new Hitman when it comes out like Brad has suggested, not to go back to games Dan has played before.
Based on that UPF segment I don't think Dan remembers Blood Money all that well.
I like zaph and I know this one was made out of desperation, but even steve's ms paint thread was a little less sad
I think that was exactly 10 threads ago, it's basically an anniversary of sort so it's fitting that Zaph made a worse OP.
Glad I'm not the only one. Although I'm probably the only one doing it while at work.
You're not alone, although I use my phone.

The Stardew dev has been really open to suggestions from the community, so bringing up the diversity or lack thereof in the game as it is right now can only stand to improve the game in the future.

I was more so lamenting how this particular topic on gaf tends to devolve into a shouting match, rather than being upset with the OP whose post didn't seem all that inflammatory to me.

Myggen

New GBEast desk

CeFMsOFW4AEkM5e.jpg:large

Relying on two separate trains to run on time really sucks when you have to spend a minimum of 90 minutes commuting.

That's all.

I almost had a train station built a five-minute walk away from my home, but people NIMBYed and now I have to take a twenty minute bus ride to a signficantly worse part of town to get on the train. Thanks, jerks. The trains are always on time, though!

Dammit Myggen...
I almost had a train station built a five-minute walk away from my home, but people NIMBYed and now I have to take a twenty minute bus ride to a signficantly worse part of town to get on the train. Thanks, jerks. The trains are always on time, though!
Thankfully the walk to the station is like less 2 minutes from my work and about 5 minutes from my home. Unfortunately the trains themselves can be really inconsistent.

Dan has played all(?) the Hitman games, and has played Blood Money several times. Wasn't the best part about the Hitman videos that neither Dan or Brad had played the game before? You lose a lot of the magic if Dan knows the maps, what's gonna happen if you do something like he's gonna do especially with Blood Money. The best thing imo would be to play every episode of the new Hitman when it comes out like Brad has suggested, not to go back to games Dan has played before.

You saw the UPF where he played the Curtains Down mission. He didn't know how to do anything but had a fair idea of something that sounded cool which is pretty much how Dan Ryckert operates. It made it funnier and thus would be funny trying to guide Brad through the game too.

kingocfs

Is Vinny going to read us the news at that desk?

edit: and that's the first time I've seen that picture, Myggen. So THANKS

myggen coming in here dumping day old reddit news and hours old twitter posts. cmon son STEP IT UP

he did feed us a line about being in belgium drinking beers, so he's both excusing his own tardiness as well as trying to make us jealous

myggen plz

No_Style

Countering the hate:

Thanks Myggen for sharing that photo. I only saw a small version of it on my phone this morning. I appreciate your tardiness.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom