• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gandie

Listening to the bombcast right now. There's no way a 2500k doesn't run Eve better than what Jeff described.
Also "Overclocking doesn't do anything." Also making the jump from stock(!!) cooling to water cooling. Implying there's no air cooling solutions way more powerful than stock.

Houndi101

C'mon GBEast you gotta replace the lacking Kerbal with something!

Edit: Oh there was one... I thought they were taking a break.. my bad.

daydream

Banned
That stuff is still going to go up, I think
They need to cover up that hole in the wall, every time I see it, it kills me oxide.

OSVMHV7.jpg

Zaph

Listening to the bombcast right now. There's no way a 2500k doesn't run Eve better than what Jeff described.
Also "Overclocking doesn't do anything." Also making the jump from stock(!!) cooling to water cooling. Implying there's no air cooling solutions way more powerful than stock.

I'd be lying if that segment didn't make me wince slightly. Given the stagnation (and even decline) in per-core speeds, overclocking is one of the best ways to improve frame-times thanks to so many games only utilsing a couple threads at best.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Like I'm honestly more excited about art applications than game applications of vr.

Same here, the things that make me excited for Vive aren't the handful of modestly interesting tech demos sold as games, but the Tilt Brush demos genuinely blew my mind.

Sometimes, I wonder if the wrestling folks are just Carrie-ing Dan

But then that would suggest that the whole thing was a work.

Which means that wrestling still wins out in the end.

Zaph

It's pretty funny to compare something like this to when Dan (?) was just trying to place a fucking ramp in the bear game on Oculus:
giphy.gif

So excited for the Vive stream!
....wow

How are they tracking the camera movement to the virtual environment? Is there a camera-rig solution that can works on a hardware level or is this some proof of concept built for a specific demo?

TheCrow

....wow

How are they tracking the camera movement to the virtual environment? Is there a camera-rig solution that can works on a hardware level or is this some proof of concept built for a specific demo?
They are using a third vive controller as a camera.

....wow

No idea about how that works technically. My point was more about how effortless it is to put things together in that since you have controllers that are actually useful in VR.

Vinny's first few gascoigne runs ended up being his better ones. As soon as he starts really thinking about the fight is when he got into his own head too much and ended up screwing himself over.

It's kinda like beginner's luck in a fighting or fps MP game. You're good when you don't know much and you're good when you know it all. It's that no man's land in the middle where everything is a total mess.

The funny thing about the Gascoine fight is Vinny probably has the easiest weapon to cheese him with. Using the extended Axe and using the charged strong attack while he's hung up on environment makes that fight super easy.

Job Simulator has a kinda cute solution where they put literal cameras in the environment that the player can position however they want. They also do smoothing on head motion if you're watching the first-person view.

I just found out that kofi kingston went to my alma mater and that his dad is a librarian at the university. im basically a member of the new day is what I'm saying

I'm interested to see if Oculus's touch controllers end up being better than Vive's when they launch. I don't have the room for the room scale stuff so for me it'd come down to the hand controllers to decide which I get if I get a VR headset during this generation. Hearing Brad(?) say that the Oculus home reminds him of the house in Ex Machina is weirdly the biggest Oculus selling point to me so far. I'd like to just chill in that house.

TheCrow

It's pretty amazing stuff. Really want to see if it works this well in practice when people won't have the idea setups that Valve has probably used for demos and such.
I've seen a few twitch streams of people using the vive in their homes and it looks damn good. Of course the occasional bump into desks and walls is entertaining.

I just found out that kofi kingston went to my alma mater and that his dad is a librarian at the university. im basically a member of the new day is what I'm saying

Hello fellow Eagle! I very clearly remember them showing a picture of Kofi during our orientation or something as part of the celeb alums section of a presentation. I wondered at the time how many people know who he is/watch wrestling in the room.

So is GB video buddy just fucked now? I remember some people in here talking about it last week. I can't get any videos to play.

Seemed to be an on and off issue with some. I was able to just close and restart the app and it was fixed but someone else said they had to restart their phone. It's working for me right now.

Seemed to be an on and off issue with some. I was able to just close and restart the app and it was fixed but someone else said they had to restart their phone. It's working for me right now.

Ah ok I'll keep trying. It's so fucking frustrating that both GBVB and the site are giving me a hard time. I refuse to watch the YouTube version on principle.

daydream

Banned
in my head that vive stream was happening today

the fact that it doesn't actually suits my schedule but i'm still having to readjust mentally

Zack Ryder, who two weeks ago was no where near any title picture, inexplicably won the IC belt.

I am still in shock that I saw that happen.

Zack Ryder, who two weeks ago was no where near any title picture, inexplicably won the IC belt.

I am still in shock that I saw that happen.

I laughed at that. I still consider Zack Ryder a joke characters (I blame VGCW for that) so that was an amusing outcome.

...Little did I know literally every match would have an ending as bizarre as that.

popo

Does Dark Souls 3 have a big "twist" after the first half or so of the game? Reviews seem to be hinting. Can someone spoil it for me? thx

I'm hoping for an Austin review of DS3 sometime today or this week -- he seemed to have a ton of thoughts on the game but couldn't say much of anything pre-embargo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom