• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingocfs

Not really surprising. DC being an AAA project, then getting delayed, then the whole 'PS+' ordeal probably hurt it more than it should have.

Not to mention it's only a 2 star game.

tumblr_mhj7jifYO61s0ca9lo1_400.gif

new name to discover!

Seeing Stardust and Mizdow (Sandow doing a Miz stunt double bit and making it work way better than it has any right to) is pretty much what got me back into this bullshit. It's stupid stuff they're doing, but it's also real endearing thanks to the amount of gusto they apply to it.

Oh, that and Ric Flair's daughter going by the ring name of Charlotte was too perfect for me not to check it out.

Zaph

Black Rock Studio was when I accepted the unavoidable fate of British racing studios. It's like the trifecta of niche games, mid-level/'AA' erosion, and a very expensive country to run a studio from.

God damn Pure ATV was such a good game.

UK AAA is kind of dead.

Also driveclub turned out good in the end but it too 6 months of updates to get there. Not a good business strategy.

I do wonder if they knew this was coming for a while. Talk from evolution was that motorstorm apocalypse nearly sunk them.

Yep. Their last great was Burnout Revenge
Fuck Burnout Paradise

hey i like burnout paradise

Well, I like crashing through gates and driving the motorcycles. The open-world racing isn't the tightest thing in the world. Criterion's two or three NFS games that copied BP were just mediocre, totally missing what made the Burnout games fun.

Critical Role stopping by GameSpot today for some hot DnD action, which is great because they're two of my favorite things ever, but it's a shame none of the GB guys could walk over and join in because then it'd be perfect.

I miss GB Unplugged :(

Fevaweva

Critical Role stopping by GameSpot today for some hot DnD action, which is great because they're two of my favorite things ever, but it's a shame none of the GB guys could walk over and join in because then it'd be perfect.

I miss GB Unplugged :(

Do you though? The last time they did Unplugged it wasn't the greatest.

The problem is they tried DnD again. The feature was great with Avalon and it probably would work a lot better with one off games. I think they just ended up not liking DnD or didn't think it was working so abandoned Unplugged all together.

With the new studio, I wonder how they'd do unplugged.

Also I think Austin mentioned in this thread that he had a desire to do something with Unplugged.

DnD was a bad choice, you're right. I think it could still be good with a different game (Avalon was a lot of fun, for instance) or with someone who is a lot more experienced with tabletop stuff. Austin is a pretty good GM on his tabletop podcasts.

On the latest Adventure Zone they talked about the current story ending eventually and having ideas for after wards. I would love some kind of GB X Adventure Zone DnD podcast.

I like this new meme of "let's get brad to play a whole game for a premium series!"

It's funny because brad seems to be done with playing a game for a premium series so its great that that's all he gets from fans now.

It's like the new "when is the next endurance run?"

Wunder

I like this new meme of "let's get brad to play a whole game for a premium series!"

It's funny because brad seems to be done with playing a game for a premium series so its great that that's all he gets from fans now.

It's like the new "when is the next endurance run?"

when IS the next endurance run

omgkitty

hey i like burnout paradise

Well, I like crashing through gates and driving the motorcycles. The open-world racing isn't the tightest thing in the world. Criterion's two or three NFS games that copied BP were just mediocre, totally missing what made the Burnout games fun.

It just bothers me when GB starts getting into the "greatest game of the generation" talk and Jeff ALWAYS brings up Burnout Paradise. HE'S CRAZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY

pizzacat

Banned
Sooo..can we just blame Gerstmann for all of this? Driveclub was fire.
It didn't quite control like a sim or an arcade racer. It was kinda flat, in no means does that mean a company should go down because of it but yea that game kinda sucked, feel kinda bad buying the game and season pass but it was like $15 iirc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom