• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't think Jeff would like to go back to one of his most beloved games and see lots of flaws in it and hate it

I get the sentiment, but DotT (the original one I mean, haven't seen any of the remaster) holds up really well. apart from the garbage-tier audio compression anyway. even the interface isn't too clunky

It just bothers me when GB starts getting into the "greatest game of the generation" talk and Jeff ALWAYS brings up Burnout Paradise. HE'S CRAZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY

It's the game he played the fucking shit out of between GS and GB, so I imagine that's got to be a huge part of why he loves it so much.

I just want to hear how Tim reviewed RE6 like that, even I who loves the series and actually likes that game can't agree with that haha

How could Capcom Community Manager Tim Turi review RE6 like that?

(love you Tim)

pizzacat

Banned
I would like to see a series where they play games that got them flak for their reviews.

They could even get guest reviewers. I just want to hear how Tim reviewed RE6 like that, even I who loves the series and actually likes that game can't agree with that haha

Patryn

It's the game he played the fucking shit out of between GS and GB, so I imagine that's got to be a huge part of why he loves it so much

Yeah, it's a good game, but it's so clearly a right place, right time game for Jeff that I think nostalgia clouds a lot of his vision.

DoTT is one of my two big boxes that's survived over the years. Wish I still had all of them.

CeKnCrDWwAEGavh.jpg

Lunar FC

It didn't quite control like a sim or an arcade racer. It was kinda flat, in no means does that mean a company should go down because of it but yea that game kinda sucked, feel kinda bad buying the game and season pass but it was like $15 iirc

I've never understood this notion that a driving games have to fall on either side of the spectrum to be enjoyable. Seems nonsensical to me.

I've never understood this notion that a driving games have to fall on either side of the spectrum to be enjoyable. Seems nonsensical to me.

So you want a realistic down-to-earth show that's completely off the wall and swarming with magic robots?

Dead Rising came out in 2006, fuckers.

It's the game he played the fucking shit out of between GS and GB, so I imagine that's got to be a huge part of why he loves it so much.

Dang, you guys weren't there when you could create big ass group of street hustlers just going around wrecking havoc, challenging each other and finding jumps. On the 360 version, if you took down someone you could see their reaction if they had the Xbox Live Vision camera plugged in because it takes a screenshot immediately and man, I've seen some shit.

Such a wonderful game.

Dead Rising reminds me of a time that publishers were caught with their pants down wrt the wii's success and thus it got shit ports of 360 games.

To this day, Dead Rising 1 has only been ported to the Wii and nothing else.

popo

I like this new meme of "let's get brad to play a whole game for a premium series!"

It's funny because brad seems to be done with playing a game for a premium series so its great that that's all he gets from fans now.

It's like the new "when is the next endurance run?"

He is happy to play through a game if it is a game that grabs him. Premium content driven by Brad is almost exclusively Breaking Brad. So it is no surprise that is what people ask for.

Dead Rising reminds me of a time that publishers were caught with their pants down wrt the wii's success and thus it got shit ports of 360 games.

To this day, Dead Rising 1 has only been ported to the Wii and nothing else.

oh man I completely forgot about that. and how it only had like 30 zombies on screen at a time. what a POS

e: 30 might be generous

Dumbest shit I've read in a good week.

my point is that a lot of times when people try to appeal to two crowds you end up just burning both of them, which is something that arguably happened with driveclub

and bone up on your simpsons, man, jesus

oh man I completely forgot about that. and how it only had like 30 zombies on screen at a time. what a POS

But then it also had these weird additions that weren't in the 360 game, like zombie animals and RE4 weapons.

Zaph

Dang, you guys weren't there when you created a big ass group of street hustlers just going around wrecking havoc, challenging each other and finding jumps. On the 360 version, if you took down someone you could see their reaction if they had the Xbox Live Vision camera plugged in because it takes a screenshot immediately and man, I've seen some shit.

Such a wonderful game.

I used to play a lot of Uno on the 360 and when those Live cameras became popular, damn, people really enjoyed themselves with it. Lots of postage stamp-sized fucking and weed smoking. And guns.

He is happy to play through a game if it is a game that grabs him. Premium content driven by Brad is almost exclusively Breaking Brad. So it is no surprise that is what people ask for.

so he hasn't been grabbed by a game since he wanted the platinum for Bloodborne then?

I mean i would even take that, Brad getting more plats, than his current premium stuff but i don't know how tied his hands are behind the scenes.

Also, i guess they're not doing a BLLSL in April this year given that we haven't heard anything about it yet

Zaph

They do?

I know you can crossfire GPUs

Been around for quite a while, both AMD and Nvidia, but they suffer all of the gaming drawbacks of typical SLI/crossfire setups and have generally been niche prosumer products, like the Titan Z.

That said, their evolution is probably the future of GPU's to make up for waning performance gains.

oti

Banned
It just bothers me when GB starts getting into the "greatest game of the generation" talk and Jeff ALWAYS brings up Burnout Paradise. HE'S CRAZZZZYYYYYYYYYYYYY

true
I actively dislike Paradise for killing Burnout

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game of the Generation & of all time no contest

true
I actively dislike Paradise for killing Burnout

Super Mario Galaxy 2 is the best game of the Generation & of all time no contest

More like people not supporting it for being the true evolution of the series and it would have gone to some great places from there if people did so. Take for instance the newest NFS, shit is still having trouble doing half of the stuff Burnout Paradise did without even mentioning the other glaring flaws the game already has.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom