• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
Burnout Paradise is one of my weirder backlog games. I have it on the PS3 and the PC but I want to play it on PC. Problem is that the PC version never got big surf island so im stuck playing the lower res muddier version of the game if I want a complete experience.

Being a person constantly paralyzed by choice, so far ive opted not to choose

JV took flight.

200.gif

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
cigarettes makes you look very cool especially when doing a sick blackflip while shooting robots

Like how people look cool while smoking are actually just cool people, looking cool smoking while doing a sick bsckflip while shooting robots is actually just looking cool while doing a sick bsckflip and shooting robots.

Like how people look cool while smoking are actually just cool people, looking cool smoking while doing a sick bsckflip while shooting robots is actually just looking cool while doing a sick bsckflip and shooting robots.

You wouldn't know cool even if it blew a giant vape cloud right in your face, mac

Xiraiya

Listening to 2011 GOTY Deliberations, as an Elder Scrolls fan who liked Skyrim and still plays it during a given year sometimes, it's kind of crazy to me how much it impressed people when it really didn't have much going on aside from Dragons (Which are genuinely good), they gutted a good portion of the RPG aspects out of it and as Jeff said there just were never really any highs, it was just sort of consistently okay, for me, it felt like another Bethesda Elder Scrolls game with priorities that I don't feel do that series any favors. As Vinny also said "I expected it to be more of an RPG"

I had seen all it's tricks before but what bothered me about it was while I never get tired of Bethesda exploration, through Morrowind, Oblivion and Skyrim, the game worlds ultimately end up feeling about the same size which is also fine, except with every iteration the writing and world building gets simpler and simpler and less and less interesting, so Jeff talking about the Oblivion Brotherhood being the best thing he had played, I didn't like Oblivion very much back then but the Dark Brotherhood was amazing, he was totally right about how good that stuff was, that's the kind of intrigue and twisted writing I wanted in pretty much every aspect of these last two games because that's what you got in Morrowind.

So hearing Brad talk in awe and wonder of Skyrim trying to defend it from the likes of Saints Row and Witcher is like what are you even doing, I haven't ever managed to get into the Saints Row games but even at a distance I can tell how much work and passion they put into those games to make them great, the same with Witcher 2, at some point the quality of world building far outweighs being able to interact with every inch of the world, that's common sense, Bethesda built 3 of those games, they should have known better.

Also what's even MORE Baffling, they ignored it, but Dragon's Dogma is basically what Skyrim's story should have been, I was playing the PC version and all I could think at every point was "A good 80% of all this could have been done in Skyrim and made to fit TES lore and it would have been fantastic" and it just bums me out because it's so similar in setting in so many ways but so much more interesting than Skyrim.

Bethesda have the tools to generate worlds quickly and easily, expecting them to craft a genuinely interesting story and world beyond just exploring it was not at all too much to ask, that's just being soft.

Urge to commit horrific violence rising thanks to the podcast image.

congrats to everyone who picked "Music" as the thumbnail, which iirc, was nobody

also past events have led me to find a hint of a smell of booze and cigarette smoke on a pretty lady a positive thing, I'm the worst

also at a past job, my boss threw an official/unofficial party for my department at his family's vacation house, but the catch apparently was that he was going to hook up his ipod that was full of nothing but Jamiroquai albums to the stereo system, so I spent the entire afternoon outside in July heat

That's the worst thing I've heard in a good long while.

i am a trash person just hoping for a meteor to fall from the sky and kill me

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom