• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zaph

If you've been missing some top-shelf meltdowns, head over to the BvS review thread. And remember, critics are snobs anyway.

Chuck

Still without luck
If you've been missing some top-shelf meltdowns, head over to the BvS review thread. And remember, critics are snobs anyway.

they roon'd muh sweet bahmah!

Honestly, I can't believe the excitement for the movie. Snyder has never made anything of quality. Watchmen was the closest he got just because he literally scanned the comic into cinematic form. Still was mediocre though.

daydream

Banned
this week's bombcast thread doesn't pose nearly enough challenge to be considered entertaining

this week's bombcast thread has more style than substance

this week's bombcast thread is only ever fun in spin-offs

this week's bombcast thread
is a solid smash bros fighter, all things considered

that's a lot of things to get wrong about this week's bombcast thread

is '[random object] + vape' the new google search equivalent of '[name] the hedgehog'?

b6205a9b45da99f6152d35b0cf5f4133.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

abbd255808652adb07ecbd03e3dade97.jpg

God help us. #VapeLife

that's a lot of things to get wrong about this week's bombcast thread

I mean, sure, Dedede's better, especially in the horribly-titled fourth game, but that shouldn't take away from Kirby.

All of the Kirby games I've played (Super Star, Dream Land 1/3, 64, Return to Dream Land) were boring as hell because they were slow and easy. Did I somehow pick all of the least interesting games to try?

Even the Kirby Puyo Puyo game is too easy compared to the others.

daydream

Banned
given the racing game landscape these days, i would buy trackmania turbo in a heartbeat if i had a ps4

I mean, sure, Dedede's better, especially in the horribly-titled fourth game, but that shouldn't take away from Kirby.

All of the Kirby games I've played (Super Star, Dream Land 1/3, 64, Return to Dream Land) were boring as hell because they were slow and easy. Did I somehow pick all of the least interesting games to try?

Even the Kirby Puyo Puyo game is too easy compared to the others.

i mean, i'm not gonna convince you but my favourite non-spinoffs are dream land 2, super star ultra and triple deluxe. here's the thing: the games aren't too easy but extremely well designed. only bad games are characterised by their "difficulty". it's a matter of enjoying a game for the process of beating it vs. a matter of enjoying a game for its aesthetic values. the design in kirby is absolutely in tune with the challenge. the way it scales is also impeccable but not because "it gets harder" (it does, of course) but because of fundamental design principles of iteration and variation. it's sound, it's stimulating. are the games that don't have a run option (usually pressing a direction twice btw) slow? yes. the best things in life and in art are. i replayed dream land last year, it's still a fantastically creative, charming, unique and tight experience. maybe you should press a + select on the title screen and give it another shot, meaning, not going in expecting mario

Megasoum

Banned
I'm surprised that they managed to actually make something really cool with Trackmania even if they had to scrap all the cool stuff from the older versions.

Also... A shit ton of style

Good news guys, the Natgeo officially considers me a Gen X'er. I was always teetering on the Gen X/Millennial line so it's good to be officially locked into a meaningless generational label.

loooool http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1199644

Nibel's response is perfect

Good news guys, the Natgeo officially considers me a Gen X'er. I was always teetering on the Gen X/Millennial line so it's good to be officially locked into a meaningless generational label.

what's their cutoff?

I don't know how people didn't expect it. Zack Snyder isn't exactly a name that instills a lot of confidence.

this is fucking mystifying me right now

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
No Rorie in the Dark Souls 3 QL bums me out. It was the one constant every couple of years :(

i mean, i'm not gonna convince you but my favourite non-spinoffs are dream land 2, super star ultra and triple deluxe. here's the thing: the games aren't too easy but extremely well designed. only bad games are characterised by their "difficulty". it's a matter of enjoying a game for the process of beating it vs. a matter of enjoying a game for its aesthetic values. the design in kirby is absolutely in tune with the challenge. the way it scales is also impeccable but not because "it gets harder" (it does, of course) but because of fundamental design principles of iteration and variation. it's sound, it's stimulating. are the games that don't have a run option (usually pressing a direction twice btw) slow? yes. the best things in life and in art are. i replayed dream land last year, it's still a fantastically creative, charming, unique and tight experience. maybe you should press a + select on the title screen and give it another shot, meaning, not going in expecting mario

So I actually did pick the lesser games?

Now that you mention it, running being a double tap is actually probably my biggest issue with Kirby. It feels really sloppy having to double tap every time I lose my run, and my other option being a walk that's just slow enough for it to bother me makes the moment to moment gameplay really unsatisfying to me. I do recall Dream Land being a pretty tightly designed game compared to the others, though. Doesn't go on for any longer than it needs to. It's called Spring Breeze in Super Star for a reason, I guess.

this is fucking mystifying me right now

Come on, man. Don't act like Man of Steel and Sucker Punch don't exist.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
No Rorie in the Dark Souls 3 QL bums me out. It was the one constant every couple of years :(

Rorie absent from upf for a while now, too.

Lemme tell ya I'm not happy about it.

Come on, man. Don't act like Man of Steel and Sucker Punch don't exist.

not your statement, the fact that so many people apparently thought this was going to be not just good, but amazing

that's the kind of person who will watch five people in a row get hit by cars and decide to cross the street anyway

Archaix

Drunky McMurder
Zach Snyder made a garbage movie? NO! Say it ain't so! My world view can't handle things being exactly as they have been for the past decade.

Heh, I showed my dad the George Brett video for the first time tonight and his reaction was gold. It's one of those videos that just doesn't get old no matter how many times you see it. Every single word is just perfect.

Also, somehow I only found out today that Jason and I have the same birthday? Rad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom