• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jothel

I'd like to see some dumbass try to do the most literal of literal translations leave out subjects where they're implied.

"食べますか?"

"Eat?"
The translator from Game Tapes 2 made me lose my shit when he translated the sentence with 「懐かしい」 in it to just "GT1... Reminiscent!"

Scizzy

What's the title about? Been out of the giantbomb game for a few weeks.

Dan watched one too many episodes of Jesse Ventura's conspiracy show and shit got weird.

it was a sidebar on a super random GnR blog that reported on Dan's Chinese Democracy hoax. Watch the beginning of the latest UPF for more.

Hopping on, it is back.
https://twitter.com/redcoin/status/712486881846534145

Good session. Now THIS is trackmanaia.
CZ67uYQl.jpg

yami4ct

I just cannot get slightly excited for Dark Souls 3.

That series has been over saturated at this point.

I wasn't getting excited, but now I maybe kinda am. I dunno. We'll see what impressions of it solidify into. I'm glad it's coming out in Japan first for that reason. I'd absolutely play another Dark Souls quality game. I'm certainly not interested in another DS2 level one or even Bloodborne level.

DS2 was the best Souls game, though.
I just cannot get slightly excited for Dark Souls 3.

That series has been over saturated at this point.
I'm looking forward to the QL and the Scholars of the Second Sin edition, personally.

No more getting stabbed in the back for me.

NinjaEdit: Then again, what's the point of playing a Souls game waaay late when the only people online will be POTATOMARSHALL-tier.
I need to rethink my approach.

That Batman v Superman review thread is quite a thing to behold. I didn't have high hopes for the movie (not with Zach Snyder directing) and yet I didn't expect it to get a worse Rotten Tomatoes score as Daredevil (the awful movie, not the awesome Netflix series). It's done that. And is still dropping.

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Batman vs Superman supposedly being 'bad' instead of just mediocre makes me far more interested in a super hero movie than I have been in years

yami4ct

That Batman v Superman review thread is quite a thing to behold. I didn't have high hopes for the movie (not with Zach Snyder directing) and yet I didn't expect it to get a worse Rotten Tomatoes score as Daredevil (the awful movie, not the awesome Netflix series). It's done that. And is still dropping.

It seemed like opinions on Man of Steel really soured over time, even in the critical community which was relatively kind to it despite the middling review scores overall. I'm not surprised everyone went all in when Snyder released an overstuffed version of the same thing.

It's sad, because I like Snyder somewhat. I think he's got an interesting eye for action. It's just that getting handed the reigns to the DCU and a ton of money has let him just sink into his worst tendencies. It's sort of like Michael Bay and Transformers. I think each separately can do very good things, but they are absolutely horrendous when put together.

does batman vs. superman have that evanescence song

didn't think so

this week's Bombcast reminded me that I like the WiiU's menu UI the best

I hate the way games are organized on the PS4

Yeah the Wii U is nice, especially after you clean up all the useless shit into a folder two screens away. "Here's your games, what do you want to play?"

And skipping the entire menu by booting straight into a game is cool, too.

The mod title changes are fucking fantastic though.

Decided to check what hilarious title changes took place up until now, laughed my ass off:

Batman v. Superman Review Thread
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 39% and climbing!)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 42% and climbing!) <-- I made this change!
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 40% and fluctuating)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 39% and fluctuating)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 38% and getting farther behind Batman Forever)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 37% but it's still higher than Batman and Robin)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 35% almost as good as Prince Of Persia)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 35% almost as good as Rise of the Silver Surfer)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 35% dead heat with The Room, oh hi Tommy)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 35%, officially better than Gangster Squad!!!)
Batman v. Superman Review Thread (RT 37%, it's Mars Needs Moms good )

Aaron

It seemed like opinions on Man of Steel really soured over time, even in the critical community which was relatively kind to it despite the middling review scores overall. I'm not surprised everyone went all in when Snyder released an overstuffed version of the same thing.
I think if Man of Steel was reviewed now it would do much, much worse. There was an odd euphoria going on for critics around when that film was released, like a collective acid trip, but they finally woke up to realize what they thought was a supermodel was really a crackwhore grandma.

I think if Man of Steel was reviewed now it would do much, much worse. There was an odd euphoria going on for critics around when that film was released, like a collective acid trip, but they finally woke up to realize what they thought was a supermodel was really a crackwhore grandma.

Yeah...Man of steel was many things, good superhero movie it was not. Good Superman movie? Nah.

It's like...Superman is hard to make interesting. To make Superman interesting, then the theatrics they try to input into a Superman movie has to be toned down.

Superman has to be about how a man can't handle not being able to save everyone constantly. It has to be about how he tries so damn hard, that despite the hardest foe he faces, his biggest challenge is having to deal with his own limitations.

There's a point where throwing bigger and bigger baddies against Supes just falls apart. His greatest enemy has to be his own ego in terms of keeping the world in a bottle.

Renpatsu

are people surprised that it's bad, surprised that it's this bad, or just revelling in the fact that it's bad?
This is me looking on from the outside. Not that I was interested in it, but that it seems to be quite egregious in its failings (as opposed to being merely average) is pretty shocking to me.

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Jason Oestreicher &#8207;@unastrike 3m3 minutes ago
I got an OK bday card today:

I could think of worse people to share a bitrthday with

unless he means the 22nd, which he probably does...in which case im sad :;_;

Where's this Dark Souls 3 QL everyone's talking about.

the upcoming QL :)

I tweeted at Rorie and he said the GBeast cats are doing it :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom