• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
RT scores have always bemused me. A movie with nothing but 7s has a higher rating then a movie with 95 9s and 5 3s
It's like a mass compatibility test. You could take anyone with you to watch the all-7s movie.

Or you could look at imdb where Batman vs Superman is sitting at a solid 9.0/10 and was even higher yesterday.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
Since they throw one out every year, I'm not really excited for DS3 anymore. I'll buy it and have a good time but it's not like "Oh god, I can't wait!!" anymore.
I'm reaching Assassin's Creed levels with those games.

repeater

Since they throw one out every year, I'm not really excited for DS3 anymore. I'll buy it and have a good time but it's not like "Oh god, I can't wait!!" anymore.
Bloodborne was my first Souls game so I'm really hyped for DS3, but yeah, the Souls fatigue certainly seems to be real in the community at large.

Fantastapotamus

Bloodborne was my first Souls game so I'm really hyped for DS3, but yeah, the Souls fatigue certainly seems to be real in the community at large.

I envy you. I feel like Souls is just "Business as Usual" for me now. I'm not even sure if I should buy DS3 on launch.
Then again I have never been a super-hardcore Souls fan, which is good cause hardcore Souls fans are the worst. The. Worst.

I heard they really fucked up both batman and superman in that movie so I desperately want to see it as a work of garbo art now.

Also, hope they do some superhero themed stuff on upf to celebrate the versusing of the bats and the supes

Patryn

Posted spoilers in BvS Review thread.

At this point I've avoiding that thread, because people have moved beyond the critical reviews to talking practically openly about all aspects of the movie. And a lot of people are employing the one-word spoiler idea, which I dislike.

If you want to post spoilers, post spoilers. But don't just put one word in spoilers. It's not that tough to spoiler the whole sentence and avoid having the context give stuff away.

derFeef

VR game coverage will be unbearable to watch, right? Unless you have VR for yourself and they can make it a mutual experience. VR QUICKLOOKS hoo boy.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
VR game coverage will be unbearable to watch, right? Unless you have VR for yourself and they can make it a mutual experience. VR QUICKLOOKS hoo boy.

I mean is it more unbearable than coverage for games you'll never play?

Seriously though, people seem to care more about not caring for vr than actually not caring for vr.

If they care about not caring then isn't that totally not caring?

I feel the same way. It's weird because Bloodborne is probably my favourite of the souls games so it's not like I'm tired of the formula.

I heard they really fucked up both batman and superman in that movie so I desperately want to see it as a work of garbo art now.

Also, hope they do some superhero themed stuff on upf to celebrate the versusing of the bats and the supes

The more I read the spoiler thread the more I want to see it, it sounds real special.

Fantastapotamus

I doubt they will cover a lot games with VR after the launch of those things, unless the game is VR exclusive. It' probably a pain in the ass to make those videos and people can't see how it looks in VR anyway.

I'm still interested in VR in theory, but I'm not gonna spend 1.200€ to play Job Simulator.
Once there are a couple of great VR games, and the price goes down a bit I might bite.

Antiwhippy

Well hopefully, that does not sound as bad.

I mean it'll probably be like their kinect coverage.

Which I know isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for VR. Still, some of their best videos are the kinect videos, only now with the benefit of a higher chance of hitting the co host because they can't see them.

Fantastapotamus

I mean it'll probably be like their kinect coverage.

Which I know isn't exactly a ringing endorsement for VR. Still, some of their best video are the kinect videos, only now with the benefit of a higher chance of hitting the co host because they can't see them.

The difference is that Kinect just didn't work which made the videos fun to watch. VR is just "Hey, I see things differently than you!".

I just want to see how they hold up playing VR games for a couple of hours. Wonder if motion sickness will set in after a while

Judging by that Golem unfinished it can look a lot like Kinect or Wii to me.

if you think about it, VR is basically Kinect meets motion controls. The real hope is that the VR part of feeling like youre in another world will make the other tech worthwhile

Antiwhippy

The difference is that Kinect just didn't work which made the videos fun to watch. VR is just "Hey, I see things differently than you!".

It's not really that they see different things, it's more that it's a total immersion to them while it's just a normal video to us. Still the same image really.

Also I expect a lot of games that are fucked up to play. Do people really expect this to hit the ground running? There'll be a lot of experiments for sure, and quite a bit that won't work until people slowly figure out the standard.

I just want to see how they hold up playing VR games for a couple of hours. Wonder if motion sickness will set in after a while

if you think about it, VR is basically Kinect meets motion controls. The real hope is that the VR part of feeling like youre in another world will make the other tech worthwhile

Kinect is motion controls...?

Also there are a lot of none motion controlled VR games.

derFeef

Man, I just now remember the American Truck Simulator video by the east crew with the TrackIR tracking. It was a nightmare to watch because of the constant movement. I was getting nauseous.

Hopefully it's not like that.

rider, meet horse

horsemeat rider.

I actually kind of wish they'd upload two versions of VR QLs, one that you can watch through google cardboard or a VR headset or something (since youtube already supports those) and a single-screen one.

might be too much work, but it'd be neat

derFeef

horsemeat rider.

I actually kind of wish they'd upload two versions of VR QLs, one that you can watch through google cardboard or a VR headset or something (since youtube already supports those) and a single-screen one.

might be too much work, but it'd be neat

Remember that you just experience the movement of their VR set, not your own. So it's going to be terrible.

slighty OT but since this is the monthly Max Payne 3 discussion thread I thought this would be fair game.

So, you know how many folks will cite the shift in tone of MP3 as one of their major gripes about the game?

Well, im starting to play Halo 4 for the first time via TMCC after having played the other Halos through most of last year and, yeah, this game is suffering from some of that, too. Fucking Cortana is yelling at me all the time like someone has her tied to a stake and there's a fire starting to creep up her legs and shit. Also, the combat doesn't feel right? It's like Halo but it doesn't seem to have that same amazing combat loop that i loved from the Bungie games, it feels just off enough where I'm not getting much out of it.

Last, there are QTEs in this Halo and it's clear that they were trying to mimic some COD campaign stuff with them.

I'm going to continue truckin' through it as i just picked up Halo 5 for $15 and wish to play that ASAP but, man, I hope this thing gets better as I keep playing because right now all it's making me want to do is play through Halo Reach instead.

Kinect is motion controls...?

Also there are a lot of none motion controlled VR games.

Kinect as in the camera is following you and detecting your movements, motion controls as in "hey, this thing is reacting to my movements properly" which is not something anyone who has used kinect has ever said

Remember that you just experience the movement of their VR set, not your own. So it's going to be terrible.

I mean, yes, but is it going to be that much worse than a 2d representation

actually, probably. but I still want to try it?

e: the worst part of Halo 4 for me was distractingly sexualized Cortana. or the time I got tricked into playing it on Easy with friends, which was one of the most boring things I've ever played. I played half the game with nothing but melee in an attempt to amuse myself

Patryn

I'll be very curious if the VR QLs behave like apparently VR articles do, wherein the audience just does not give a shit.

If so, I'm curious to see how many VR QLs we get.

Antiwhippy

I'll be very curious if the VR QLs behave like apparently VR articles do, wherein the audience just does not give a shit.

If so, I'm curious to see how many VR QLs we get.

I mean they still do videos that don't attract huge audiences.

Trackmania QL any good? Have a shit ton of Podcasts to catch up on, but kind of curious about Trackmania so I'm thinking about pushing them back even more.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member

Judging by that Golem unfinished it can look a lot like Kinect or Wii to me.
Yeah, I wonder if some VR games will actively avoid coverage like this since the 2D video could look like garbage and they might feel it could leave a bad impression. That Golem game certainly felt that way.

Is there a way to show VR games within a headset? Like watching the actual game footage from a Let's Player in your Vive or something? That could be a way, but it'll probably cause motion sickness.

Jintor

maybe its cos i was cooping it with some friends and trying to marathon the shit out of it but we burned out on reach so bad.

reach was also boring as sin

Reach was the only Bungie campaign from beginning to end that I loved. Every other Halo campaign had a moment or two that soured me on it: Halo 1 with its constant backtracking, Halo 2's last third or so being all over the place, Cortana in Halo 3

Actually, I liked ODST too but i just like Reach more since it felt more epic. ODST did make me appreciate Halo 2's events more, though, but that's more of a testament to ODST than to Halo 2

Halo 4 ain't great, 5 was a little better but still far from Halo 3.

I really enjoyed the different environments and tone of Reach.

Reach is one of the few pieces of prequel fiction i think actually works. You know it's going to end poorly and there's this dark cloud that hangs over the whole thing that makes the sense of urgency and tension that the game presents work.

Sucks that it seems that this is the tone the new halos are going for but i'll try to keep an open mind going into Halo 5 regardless of how meh i currently feel about halo 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom