• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jintor

then again, i pretty much completely fell off halo after 2, even though i co-op finished the main campaign of 3 with my little bro (as was our tradition). But it felt prefunctory almost

oti xero's law

If anime talk is forbidden, the possibility of Halo talk approaches 1.
18j4kowcy3lipjpg.jpg

Halo 3 Legendary 4-person Co-op was the highlight of my Halo career. everything else is kind of butt in comparison.

except that the Cortana stage became a hilarious case of us manipulating the checkpoints because it was borderline impossible and the fact that it took us like an hour and a half to do the warthog escape at the end

but everything else, the best

Halo 3 Legendary 4-person Co-op was the highlight of my Halo career. everything else is kind of butt in comparison.

except that the Cortana stage became a hilarious case of us manipulating the checkpoints because it was borderline impossible and the fact that it took us like an hour and a half to do the warthog escape at the end

Cortana is such a terrible level and it ends up really standing out when the rest of Halo 3 is so tight.

I should replay Halo 3 since I have a copy of the Master Chief Collection just sitting on a shelf. If there's a Halo game worth replaying it's probably that one.

I hate that Halo 3 had multiplayer achievements because it would be one of only like 3 games I ever got full 1000 points on. but because it had those extra achievements, it wouldn't show up on that list of "completed games" or whatever it was called

Cortana is such a terrible level and it ends up really standing out when the rest of Halo 3 is so tight.

I should replay Halo 3 since I have a copy of the Master Chief Collection just sitting on a shelf. If there's a Halo game worth replaying it's probably that one.

Cortana is such a turd, even on normal it's a frustrating piece of shit to have to play through.

It's like Bungie almost had a perfect campaign in front of them and said "wait we need to fuck this up somehow because it's almost too good."

I hate that Halo 3 had multiplayer achievements because it would be one of only like 3 games I ever got full 1000 points on. but because it had those extra achievements, it wouldn't show up on that list of "completed games" or whatever it was called

If you were on around launch you would have got them all pretty easy. Pretty much every match the first few days was everyone just trying to stop playing to get the achievements.

Yup. It's my favorite Halo as well. Many memorable levels and it's the only Halo where they went above and beyond when it came to how much they jammed this game up with stuff from SP to MP and it's options.

Edit: My second favorite Halo is ODST. Dat atmosphere, dat dark lonely city, dat sweet soothing jazz.

pizzacat

Banned
Idk how anyone can go back to halo 3 and not think everyone is swimming in molasses and that it's boring

Or anyone that played 2 before even liking 3

It's insanity tbh

Idk how anyone can go back to halo 3 and not think everyone is swimming in molasses and that it's boring

Or anyone that played 2 before even liking 3

It's insanity tbh

even if you think the games are kinda slow these day, the combat still works because very few FPSes have even come close to nailing the fun of facing enemy AI like the halo games have. Maybe FEAR 1 comes close and how old is that shit?

If my brief time so far with Halo 4 is any indication, even the people who make the halo games now have missed the mark as far as getting that right goes.

Also, guys, we have a chance to assassinate gary busey in a Hitman game

this might be the bestest thing ever

justjim89

I had a revelation listening to the Bombcast. What if Brett's full name... is Brett Tracksuit? That could explain why he sounds so much like Jeff!

Brashnir

I know Tracksuit and Jeff look completely different, but you can't deny that their voices sound awfully similar in certain conditions.

look, Tracksuit wears sunglasses. Jeff DOESN'T wear sunglasses. If Tracksuit was really Jeff, then how does Jeff see when it's bright in the room?

Santar

Am I the only one that is a little bummed out that GB West just does not appear to be able to stick to a regular schedule for their shows?
I mean it just seems that apart from the Bombcast and firdays they just do them whenever they feel like it.

I mean GB East have two regular shows just about every week and they're just three guys.
West could just rotate Ranking of fighters, Old games show, gametapes and Demo derby every wednesday. Idealy we could get two a week but lets not imagine the impossible :p

Sometimes I do wonder a bit about what I'm actually subscribing for.
For the guys themselves it's probably awesome but for us (me) it's a bit of a bummer never knowing if we get another episode of interesting series.

What made me think of this again was the Gametrailers Patreon with all the shows they'll be doing now. It made me realize how little regular stuff Giant Bomb actually do.

wenis

Registered for GAF on September 11, 2001.
Brashnir knows what's up. I shook Jeffs hand in a sunny room before, he squinted in the sun but I did an ocular pat-down and can confirm he didn't need sunglasses nor did he own any.

Strax

It's like a mass compatibility test. You could take anyone with you to watch the all-7s movie.

Or you could look at imdb where Batman vs Superman is sitting at a solid 9.0/10 and was even higher yesterday.

I know what it is, I just think its a dumb way to rate movies.

Am I the only one that is a little bummed out that GB West just does not appear to be able to stick to a regular schedule for their shows?
I mean it just seems that apart from the Bombcast and firdays they just do them whenever they feel like it.

I mean GB East have two regular shows just about every week and they're just three guys.
West could just rotate Ranking of fighters, Old games show, gametapes and Demo derby every wednesday. Idealy we could get two a week but lets not imagine the impossible :p

Sometimes I do wonder a bit about what I'm actually subscribing for.
For the guys themselves it's probably awesome but for us (me) it's a bit of a bummer never knowing if we get another episode of interesting series.

What made me think of this again was the Gametrailers Patreon with all the shows they'll be doing now. It made me realize how little regular stuff Giant Bomb actually do.

I think not sticking to a strict allows them to not get burned out on a particular thing or format so quick and lets them experiment with different shows. It also lets them just not do shows though.

Goddamn it. One the one hand, I don't wanna get anything more from DS3 spoiled before release.

On the other hand, I really wanna watch Vinny play DS3.

at the most, youll have like 90 to maybe 120 sloppy minutes of DSIII play spoiled for you from a game that's likely to be +40 hours long.

So you're not going to have much spoiled for you really

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom