• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
The only Matrix movie I saw in theaters was the second one. I think. Did the second one have sex stuff that would have made me uncomfortable seeing it with my dad and sister? Cause that's the one I watched.

Yeah, the Maravingian made some chick horny or something, it's been a while since I've seen it but it was real dumb.

Ohio Tree Nuts, wow these names.

Wait, really? This is either some hilarious translation type thing or some awesome skirting around trademarks. Either way that is awesome.

2 years ago I bought a PS3 just to play Demon's Souls, went in blind and it was a great experience.

Also, Dan sounds so disappointed in this Star Fox QL, it's kinda weird not hearing him laugh.

Part of me really wants Dan and Jeff to go back and play Sunshine and this be the outcome of that as well. Dan getting crushed by the things he loves is kind of appealing to me.

If the argument is whether it holds up or not than sure, but I feel like most complaints toward it would to be too colored by time. Now it's not really a good movie at all, but if I look at it at its time it was a pretty great movie. Sure it's not a classic that will stand the test of time, but I feel like it's possible to be good at a time and be bad now.
I've always felt this way about the matrix though. like that dojo fight was some embarrassing shit for a film trying its hand at martial arts. Keanu is punching at the ceiling, it all looks terrible even if you're actively trying to suspend your disbelief.

Jeff is the only one being pessimistic about it in the quick look. I don't think he uses their previous titles as criticism; he doesn't like the controls or the idea of sending you back to the start when you die. Vinny and Dave are pretty into it.
I was speaking specifically about Jeff's pessimism which is why i mentioned that i'm a but surprised he continues to give these games a shot. Usually when Jeff makes up his mind about something it can be hard for him to pivot away from those feelings, at least that's what i've noticed over the years. So kudos on him for trying.

I haven't seen the QL in years but i remember that even Vinny felt that it was a pretty weird thing which, yeah, especially at the time it was a strange thing to play.

Tubobutts

Ok then if that was the second one I don't think if ever saw the third one.

my favorite part of sports quick looks is them going through teams.

oti

Banned
kKx0avM.png

This might be the funniest sport QL i've seen in a while.

Also, I still enjoy the bombcast more each week. Jeff makes it for me. When he's talking seriously about a topic he has an insane amount of insight, but he also has the best comedic chops. I find myself enjoying the discussion and humor on the bombcast more than East's style, but I still listen to both fully.

The lawyer friendly team names in the Lacrosse game are something else especially since the first 9 minutes of the QL was just them reading them. Also, as a Marylander Jeff mispronouncing Towson made me twitch.

Jintor

wrapped dark souls 3, at least this playthrough. maybe i'll poke around some optional stuff. probably won't bother on a NG+.

The funniest thing about Dan is the insistence that he isn't that competitive but everything he does involves a bet or a challenge in some way. Even hearing him talk about old stories he talks about being competitive with his sisters and old friends.

wrapped dark souls 3, at least this playthrough. maybe i'll poke around some optional stuff. probably won't bother on a NG+.

What's your rank compared to the others? Still sitting around 6 hours in. :/

Cptkrush

Feels like it's been a long time since we've seen a good, dumb quick look for a good, dumb game. Nice to see Dan, Danny, and Jeff goofin' around

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom