• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

yami4ct

It's very easy: People disagree and refuse to back down. It's no different than Gaf drama other than the imaginary points that increase your e-peen.

I think the difference is that silly Gaf drama usually gets shut down by mods before it reaches Reddit levels of stupidity. With less strict modding, Gaf would reach Reddit levels fairly quickly.

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.
Brad playing the new Doom level was quite enjoyable, the problem was the lack of preparation and prevarication over which version of Doom to use for it.

Myggen

We chose to show his support for a club that still couldn't win the league when the top 5 clubs were shite.

tumblr_mo9qq3bgxr1svus96o1_400.png

yami4ct

I've said for a while we need more Brad premium features. Whether that be him playing those Doom levels, finishing Dark Souls, or something else I don't care.

But, then again, according to Jason he's the one who stopped Snatcher from becoming a regular feature, so maybe we shouldn't support that monster.

But, then again, according to Jason he's the one who stopped Snatcher from becoming a regular feature, so maybe we shouldn't support that monster.

Wait, what? Why would he do that? :/

I don't mind if he's unwilling to contribute any regular features, that's on him, but shutting down other people's efforts?

Meneses

That drawing is seriously awesome.

Regarding NiOh, i'm not feeling it either.

And regarding Hitman ep. 2, that level is huge and has a lot of potential for diverse methods. And even though (so far) it seems to lack something of the same quality as "I'm Helmut fucking Kruger!!!!!", if they manage to find a certain "sporty" item i'm pretty sure Dan will love to see that method being accomplished.

justjim89

The new Hitman level is soooo great. Brad and Dan could spend three hours in it and not even scratch the surface. Hopefully we get a video this week.

Ok Souls nerds I have a deep lore question.

Dark / Demons Souls / Bloodborne are well known for deep lore baried in every corner of the world and every item description. What might only get a few lines of spoken dialogue in a passing conversation could lead to a mountain of lore buried in item descriptions.

So... after 5 games and 3 franchises what is the lore reason of illusionary walls?

Ok Souls nerds I have a deep lore question.

Dark / Demons Souls / Bloodborne are well known for deep lore baried in every corner of the world and every item description. What might only get a few lines of spoken dialogue in a passing conversation could lead to a mountain of lore buried in item descriptions.

So... after 5 games and 3 franchises what is the lore reason of illusionary walls?

it's likely tied to the same lore that explains the coins you throw that go HELLO in that absurdly hilarious voice

Myggen

Ah, thanks. GOTY 201X it is lol.
Still haven't played MGS or Life is Strange so 2015 spoiler casts are always a threat.

I just assume they recorded today, don't think there's any indication either way. I need to go to bed early so it's all the same to me, won't be able to listen to it until tomorrow either way.

it's likely tied to the same lore that explains the coins you throw that go HELLO in that absurdly hilarious voice

I summoned a guy the other day and he actually used one of those and I forgot those existed.

They have actual writing behind them though. That giant made them while in giant jail as a way to express his emotions.

ITS SOMETHING.

Nothing explains why some walls vanish like a ghost when I hit them while other walls fall apart like a wall should. Or why hitting a random balcony made a staircase appear.

Doop

I can't believe I have an answer for this, but those wood carvings with the voices are carved by Hawkeye Gough. You meet him in the Dark Souls 1 DLC, trapped on top of a tower. To spend the time he carves giant logs into those little faces that talk. Don't ask me how he recorded his voice.

I summoned a guy the other day and he actually used one of those and I forgot those existed.

They have actual writing behind them though. That giant made them while in giant jail as a way to express his emotions.

ITS SOMETHING.

Nothing explains why some walls vanish like a ghost when I hit them while other walls fall apart like a wall should. Or why hitting a random balcony made a staircase appear.

or why i had to attack them in DS1 but then in DS2 it's like Wolf3d where you're jamming the A button on walls hoping for the best.

I think that if we keep tugging at this string the whole fictional world of dark souls will fall apart

I can't believe I have an answer for this, but those wood carvings with the voices are carved by Hawkeye Gough. You meet him in the Dark Souls 1 DLC, trapped on top of a tower. To spend the time he carves giant logs into those little faces that talk. Don't ask me how he recorded his voice.

i knew that, i just like pointing to silly gameplay things that are just there because game is game.

TraBuch

Banned

ITS SOMETHING.

Magic. There're spells in the world that can turn people into inanimate objects, seems like a spell that makes a fake wall appear is way within the realm of possibility. All illusory walls hide something, whether it's a bonfire, treasure or even a covenant. I don't think it's a stretch to think that someone from Oolacile, the land where the Chameleon sorcery was created, could've been exploring and found something interesting and was like "Fuck everyone else, only I know about this."

War Peaceman

You're a big guy.

ITS SOMETHING.

This is what I dislike about DS lore. I don't want to read item descriptions to know all this bullshit. That's just exposition. The same as the mass effect codex which also was boring. DS does a lot of great environmental storytelling - some of the best - but this stuff drives me up the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom