• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been pretty into the Trackmania beta.

It doesn't have the nightmare user content of the PC version but that addictive race to beat 100 other people is real nice.

All it needs is some terrible voice chat and we are good to go.

Patryn

I feel like the title is based on a quick joke that lasted less than 10 minutes on a UPF and will make zero sense in a month.

It's also a bit tasteless.

Gameplay wise, it's spot on. It plays and looks like Trackmania. The problem is that, to me, so much of TM's charm comes from the pure stupidity of all the custom bad dubstep soundtracks and the huge amounts of server stat tracking add ons clogging the screen. You don't get that on console.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's still Trackmania and that's always fun but it's really missing something by not resembling a horrible nightmare.

It's something that's funny regardless of context. I feel like that's prime thread title material.

Yeah I'm not entirely sure how I feel about it. It's still Trackmania and that's always fun but it's really missing something by not resembling a horrible nightmare.

It's really nice playing it on consoles where the absolute maniacs aren't taking up the top scoreboard spots. I've been in the top 3 on pretty much every race.

Whoever thought of putting water in the tracks in the Valley environment should be taken out back and shot, though.

AKQMzES.png

It's really nice playing it on consoles where the absolute maniacs aren't taking up the top scoreboard spots. I've been in the top 3 on pretty much every race.

Whoever thought of putting water in the tracks in the Valley environment should be taken out back and shot, though.

I've definitely been placing way higher than I would on Trackmania 2 which is nice, although there's a distinct lack of people spinning donuts.

oti

Banned
New page, new post saying that they need to make HitDan: Brad Money happen!

I want to point out that IT WAS I who came up with this idea. I DEMAND recognition. Like a GAF gold invite or something. Or pogz.

Edit: Not the name but the video series itself.

KingKong

Does the new Trackmania still have that thing where you could track your place not just by country but also by state?

Actually does it even have a goofy pointless currency

yami4ct

The Salt and Sanctuary QL definitely put the nail in the coffin of my interest in 2D Souls-like games. It seems to be a huge trend in indie gaming, but no matter what style they try (Isometric, side-scroller, etc.), it just doesn't do it for me at all. The 3D movement is intrinsic to the Souls games for me and no matter how clever they replicate it, 2D versions look extremely boring to me.

It doesn't help that Ska Studios games have always looked supremely ugly to me.

Doop

The Salt and Sanctuary QL definitely put the nail in the coffin of my interest in 2D Souls-like games. It seems to be a huge trend in indie gaming, but no matter what style they try (Isometric, side-scroller, etc.), it just doesn't do it for me at all. The 3D movement is intrinsic to the Souls games for me and no matter how clever they replicate it, 2D versions look extremely boring to me.

It doesn't help that Ska Studios games have always looked supremely ugly to me.

I agree 100%. Honestly, if the game had a good art style I might give it a shot. Even if I already have a bit of a bias against the idea.

Lijik

I feel like the title is based on a quick joke that lasted less than 10 minutes on a UPF and will make zero sense in a month.

People say this about every thread title joke, and by the time the month is over there'll probably be a new thread.

hamchan

If it's one thing Salt and Sanctuary did for me, it's make me appreciate From Software even more than I already did.

I gave up on MGScanlon about 5-6 episodes into MGS 5... To be fair I kinda hated MGS 5 the game so not much interesting to see in MGScanlon.

I LOOOOVE KSP and I just can't stand Project BEAST, it's way too frustrating to watch.

I'm with you on MGS but I can't get enough Kerbal, love that series.

Megasoum

Banned
lol Tested did a 18 min video of Vive VR without being able to film the screen.... So it's 18min of them waving controllers in the air and then talking about it.

Tested is so terrible these days. Even before Will left it was already starting to go bad but now it's like the floodoor of crap just opened.

Bunch of promotional videos/ads/sponsored content now too.

Trackmania without the crazy user created shit is such a... sterile experience. I mean the game looks like it's all there and the base game is fun, but seeing Dr. Robotnik racing on Star Wars Metallica is the next level of special.

lol Tested did a 18 min video of Vive VR without being able to film the screen.... So it's 18min of them waving controllers in the air and then talking about it.

Tested is so terrible these days. Even before Will left it was already starting to go bad but now it's like the floodoor of crap just opened.

Bunch of promotional videos/ads/sponsored content now too.

I thought their twitter had been hijacked when they were trying to sell me shitty PC cables.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom