• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.
MGS2 Raiden is tiers and tiers above MGSV Eli.

And yeah, Drew should just take the plunge and shave his beard off and wear a duster with no shirt for Halloween and go as Liquid Snake after all this Metal Gear Scanlon business. He can even pull off the
Miller
disguise.

MGS2 Raiden is like one of my favorite characters ever.

That never be game over jacket is so sick, but idk where you'd get one of those. I think Lupe said that Konami directly gave him one to wear.

Dan was born under the most Lucky Star.

I imagine it was something like this

tumblr_n9veqlFsGF1ssdcf9o1_1280.png

Zaph

I'd be more embarrassed that my company and games media at large got worked by some dude with a camera.
Yup. It was such a low-effort set-up that if there had been any real consequences it would say more about the company, and state of the industry, than anything else.

I am for coconut for savoury dishes.

Against coconut for desserts.
What have you got against a nice, light coconut sorbet?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Love how they encounter that bug early on in the divide ex.

Game looks interesting, looking forward to it now.

JonCha

Love how they encounter that bug early on in the divide ex.

Game looks interesting, looking forward to it now.

Yeah, I was impressed and got a bit of a Shadow Complex vibe from it. I just thought there'll be some people watching it that see those bugs as an indictment of its quality.

I think their enthusiasm to show the game off at that stage would be something a bigger, more 'media-savvy' company wouldn't have done - and if they did their "vertical slice" would have been extremely polished.

Just heard the two Dan stories on UPF.

The baseball guy story I get. That's a shitty (ha) thing to do, and it's ridiculous how consequences were lined up for him and then just forgotten about. Anyone other than Dan would have gotten worse than community service which Dan had to do and then didn't actually have to do.

But...what am I missing about the Rock Band story? Dan made a stupid fake thing, which is what most of the Internet is composed of. Dan's stupid fake thing got taken as fact and everyone freaked out about it, and that's Dan's fault? How? People were saying how someone could could have gotten fired for that, but like, who? Who do you fire for a video that nobody you'd have the power to fire is involved in.

The baseball thing is a stupid kid being actively malicious, but the Rock Band thing is a short documentary on how easy it is for lies to spread these days thanks to social media.

JonCha

But...what am I missing about the Rock Band story? Dan made a stupid fake thing, which is what most of the Internet is composed of. Dan's stupid fake thing got taken as fact and everyone freaked out about it, and that's Dan's fault? How? People were saying how someone could could have gotten fired for that, but like, who? Who do you fire for a video that nobody you'd have the power to fire is involved in.

Well it was Dan's fault that they freaked out because he pitched that video as someone from Harmonix spouting off.

Drake also said one of the immediate consequences of Dan's video was that their relationships with companies like MTV was compromise. They had put all of the trust in them (which I'm guessing was repaired relatively quickly). The 'leak' made them seem incompetent.

I'm not sure anybody got fired after they realised that the other guy wasn't an employee, but I can imagine there being a very real threat while they were (briefly) trying to corroborate who from the company spouted off.

kiguel182

The baseball guy story I get. That's a shitty (ha) thing to do, and it's ridiculous how consequences were lined up for him and then just forgotten about. Anyone other than Dan would have gotten worse than community service which Dan had to do and then didn't actually have to do.

The baseball thing is a stupid kid being actively malicious, but the Rock Band thing is a short documentary on how easy it is for lies to spread these days thanks to social media.

Yeah, the Rock Band story was just some harmless prank that spread more than it should. Dan just wanted to mess with some fanboys at a forum. It was blown way out of proportion.

I get why Harmonix would lash out against Dan but I mean, it wasn't his intention to cause any harm. People took a dumb video as fact.

rObit

Banned

Yeah, I think that's why Drake inferred that the heat was coming from the external relationships of people not actually in the games industry...like MTV or labels or whoever, who just wanted to hold someone accountable. Also I think it could be argued that having someone actually impersonate a company representative at a press event is on another level from faking a leaked document or screenshot or whatever.

Also I think it could be argued that having someone actually impersonate a company representative at a press event is on another level from faking a leaked document or screenshot or whatever.

That's pretty much where the line is for me. He wasn't actually impersonating anyone. If the guy Dan interviewed was claiming on video to be the similar looking Harmonix employee they found, then that would be different and also malicious like the baseball one.

But the video is "My uncle works at Nintendo and showed me the NX and I played Halo on it" except with better production values.

I'm a bit behind on content so I'm just watching the latest Mario Maker stream. This goomba pit right at the start is some hot bullshit.

I guess for me it's more the idea that he found out about all the shit Harmonix went through as a result of the video and still thinks it's hilarious. If I found out about something like that I'd feel like the world's biggest piece of shit.

I guess for me it's more the idea that he found out about all the shit Harmonix went through as a result of the video and still thinks it's hilarious. If I found out about something like that I'd feel like the world's biggest piece of shit.
It's easy to tell that story now that we're practically eulogizing harmonix though.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
Also things can turn funny in hindsight.

The fact that navarro and drake haven't personally murdered him in his sleep means that everyone is generally ok with it now.

Though I now seriously want navarro to explain his feelings during the whole episode and when he found out who was behind it.

Someone email the beastcast.

demidar

If Dan was found murdered in his sleep, then it would clearly point to John Drake or Alex doing the deed. So they're gonna wait and play the long game and let old age take him out
if Dan doesn't somehow fall into a pot of immortality elixir on his way to Taco Bell

Bowlie

Banned
I have a Rocket League match in ~8 hours with friends and I've never played it before. How long will it take for me to get good at it? Like, half an hour?

hamchan

I'd be more embarrassed that my company and games media at large got worked by some dude with a camera.

Pretty much. It's just a more elaborate version of "my uncle works at Nintendo". That it could cause such a mess is both worrying and hilarious.

pizzacat

Banned
Yeah, the Rock Band story was just some harmless prank that spread more than it should. Dan just wanted to mess with some fanboys at a forum. It was blown way out of proportion.

I get why Harmonix would lash out against Dan but I mean, it wasn't his intention to cause any harm. People took a dumb video as fact.
I mean most of harmonic got over it. John Drake still mad for almost a decade

I have a Rocket League match in ~8 hours with friends and I've never played it before. How long will it take for me to get good at it? Like, half an hour?
No one is good at the game, no one. Also consider new friends for having scheduled rocket league matches lmaoo

not serious but who schedules game matches?

You can pin down the basics in like an hour. But then you'll sort of plateau until you start being confident with aerials and the like, which takes... longer than I've spent in the game, anyway. Yesterday I booted it up for the first time in a couple months and whoo boy, everyone in that game is way better than me now!

Bowlie

Banned
We're more than 10, not that easy for all of us to be free at the same time.

But thank you, now I don't feel the need to play well.

edit: thanks Incandenza for a real answer!

You can pin down the basics in like an hour. But then you'll sort of plateau until you start being confident with aerials and the like, which takes... longer than I've spent in the game, anyway. Yesterday I booted it up for the first time in a couple months and whoo boy, everyone in that game is way better than me now!

Yeah an hour sounds about right, I should get back to it at some point but knowing how vicious people will be now kind of makes me hold off.

BearPawB

Banned
They had a week where all they did were ql throwbacks of Dreamcast games.

But i want some deep cuts.
Also i don't know how "i want more dreamcast content on the site" is collectively answered by "7 years ago they did a few"

Has there ever been any Sega Saturn content i've missed?

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say

BearPawB

Banned
Have you seen this?

http://www.giantbomb.com/videos/giant-bomb-holiday-nostalgiafest-2011-part-02/2300-5467/

Code:
     32	Panzer Dragoon II Zwei
  22:54	Die Hard Arcade
  41:20	Clockwork Knight
  50:24	Street Fighter II Movie
1:10:46	Last Bronx
1:24:53	Off-World Interceptor Extreme
1:34:52	Baku Baku Animal
1:42:34	Batman Forever: The Arcade Game
1:53:04	Daytona USA

I am sure i have because i distinctly remember some Clockwork Knight hate happening, but I know what im watching while getting shit done today

Thanks

If Dan was found murdered in his sleep, then it would clearly point to John Drake or Alex doing the deed. So they're gonna wait and play the long game and let old age take him out
if Dan doesn't somehow fall into a pot of immortality elixir on his way to Taco Bell

As if
Taco Bell isn't the immortality elixir itself. This is Dan we're talking about, after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom