• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelas

The Beastie Boys are the first hip hop group in years to have something to say
Dude is one of the most chill and understanding guys around. It was great just how much he communicated with fans and made sure everyone got what they needed. I can't imagine working engineering and doing such thorough CS like he did.

Rorie's great too, but he definitely seems more limited by working completely in their CS system.

Yeah. I think a lot of the early success of gb and the community (the good parts, at least) is thanks to his efforts. It's a shame he's not involved in any kind of video/podcast stuff anymore.

yami4ct

Am I crazy for thinking the fake/real NX controller is neat?

I mean, it's too early to really think anything. I don't think you're crazy to think it's intriguing.

It is crazy to have a panic attack about it, though. The Pro Controller will be supported anyway and the games that don't support it will be nintendo games designed from the ground up for the new controller and will work because of that.

popo

It is amazing how ppl still feel fondly about Dave after he essentially abandoned us all. Doesn't call, doesn't write, never finished Bladerunner like he promised.

I mean, it's too early to really think anything. I don't think you're crazy to think it's intriguing.

It is crazy to have a panic attack about it, though. The Pro Controller will be supported anyway and the games that don't support it will be nintendo games designed from the ground up for the new controller and will work because of that.

Could all be BS but of what I'm reading, the idea of the sliders being pressure sensitive is unique. Hypothetically, you move with the left slider and press in the right to Jump. Admittedly, sounds bad when you think of how regular L3 clicks are. But imagine if tactile feel is akin to the Gamecube A-button.

Then there's the steam controller/iphone haptics. For on screen buttons, it works well enough to where you can feel your thumb hover over inputs and press down to input. Again, hypothetically, you don't need to look at the pad screen to know what you're pressing.

yami4ct

Could all be BS but of what I'm reading, the idea of the sliders being pressure sensitive is unique. Hypothetically, you move with the left slider and press in the right to Jump. Admittedly, sounds bad when you think of how regular L3 clicks are. But imagine if tactile feel is akin to the Gamecube A-button.

Then there's the steam controller/iphone haptics. For on screen buttons, it works well enough to where you can feel your thumb hover over inputs and press down to input. Again, hypothetically, you don't need to look at the pad screen to know what you're pressing.

I think the Haptic idea is incredibly intriguing if done right. It then becomes a fully customizable controller that can be as complicated or simple as needed and can be moved around to fit an individual's needs. The question is will this implementation work?

Brashnir

It is amazing how ppl still feel fondly about Dave after he essentially abandoned us all. Doesn't call, doesn't write, never finished Bladerunner like he promised.

If you tweet at him, he'll probably reply. (I mean, as long as you're not meme-tweeting "site's down Dave" or something else similarly dumb)

Dave's a good dude. He just has shit going on.

Alucrid

Banned
does that previous stream link thing not work any more? trying to watch the DS3 thing since it's not on the site

edit: i should have read the last page

Myggen

Aww man, more Mario Maker? What about Ranking of Fighters, Game Tapes, or Demo Derby?

They said at the end of the last episode that they would do another one to upload the level, so it shouldn't come as a surprise at least. Also, Game Tapes and DD aren't live shows.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
You people are all crazy

"Aww man, another Mario Maker? But there have been like 4 already! Where is Kerbal #24 or Castlevania #53 or MGS #344 ?!?"

justjim89

You people are all crazy

"Aww man, another Mario Maker? But there have been like 4 already! Where is Kerbal #24 or Castlevania #53 or MGS #344 ?!?"

The Mario Maker stuff just kinda runs together, though. Especially because they always use the same ugly tileset. It can be fun, but more often than not for me it's just "Oh, look. More 'Fuck you' jumps and nonsensical death traps."

A lot of the premium stuff is getting kinda long in the tooth, though. MGSV, Kerbal, Castlevania, etc. I'd love too see some new series with new people.

Like HitDan: Brad Money

Or System Shock Shoe.

Or Danus Ex.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
The Mario Maker stuff just kinda runs together, though. Especially because they always use the same ugly tileset. It can be fun, but more often than not for me it's just "Oh, look. More 'Fuck you' jumps and nonsensical death traps."

Are we talking about castlevania here?

I like vinnyvania.

repeater

Maybe this has already been mentioned in a previous thread, but I just stumbled upon PC Gamer recommending Metal Gear Scanlon in their (pre-MGS5) article "Become a Metal Gear Expert Before the Phantom Pain Comes Out" (lol):
Game recognize game. It’s locked behind a subscription, but I think Metal Gear Scanlon might be my favorite way to watch full length playthroughs of the MGS series. Both sides of the MGS player coin are represented: One is Dan Ryckert, the child at heart who wholly embraces MGS absurdity and acts as the story cipher for Drew Scanlon, a newcomer to the series and Dan’s foil. There’s something voyeuristic to watching Drew bear witness to MGS’ convoluted mechanics and narrative for the first time. But stick with the series. In MGS, he’s cursing and frustrated, but by MGS4, he seems to be a total convert.

justjim89

Ban this....monster please, thanks

New Super Mario Bros. looks and plays exponentially better than Mario World.

Fuck y'all, I said it.

tumblr_inline_o2kpe8bWoN1r76lqg_500.gif

Do you think Sony and Bamco / FROM have some kind of handshake deal that allowed Dark Souls to be a so similar to Demons Souls?

Obviously devs make similar games and spiritual successors all the time but Dark Souls literally reuses assents and sound effects left and right.

Demons Souls to Dark Souls is like what if Destiny had a bunch of Halo guns and sound ques and characters in it.

Maybe Sony dropping Demons Souls reverted some rights back to FROM.

Oh and dropping Demons Souls has to be one of the bigger missteps a publisher has made. Then again Dark Souls having the wider audience kind of made it the success it was... I dunno.

I don't think there's any sort of deal.

Dropping DeS was dumb as shit. Yoshida's a mess what with the state of Sony's first parties. How many have closed since he took over? Why did he greenlight Knack?

A lot of the premium stuff is getting kinda long in the tooth, though. MGSV, Kerbal, Castlevania, etc. I'd love too see some new series with new people.

Like HitDan: Brad Money

Or System Shock Shoe.

Or Danus Ex.

Do a name for Dead Rising 1.

That's the game Dan and Drew should play.

Curufinwe

I don't think there's any sort of deal.

Dropping DeS was dumb as shit. Yoshida's a mess what with the state of Sony's first parties. How many have closed since he took over? Why did he greenlight Knack?

How will Sony ever recover from the mess Shu has got them into? Maybe they could replace him with Don Mattrick.

I totally saw on the homepage, a video link for one called "You, me and Dark Souls III" with the GBeast crew, but it went to a 404 page :(

Come on, there's been no content today, post it!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom