• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Curufinwe

Do you think Sony and Bamco / FROM have some kind of handshake deal that allowed Dark Souls to be a so similar to Demons Souls?

Obviously devs make similar games and spiritual successors all the time but Dark Souls literally reuses assents and sound effects left and right.

Demons Souls to Dark Souls is like what if Destiny had a bunch of Halo guns and sound ques and characters in it.

Maybe Sony dropping Demons Souls reverted some rights back to FROM.

Oh and dropping Demons Souls has to be one of the bigger missteps a publisher has made. Then again Dark Souls having the wider audience kind of made it the success it was... I dunno.

You're really over estimating the money brought in by the Souls games, and ignoring the fact that Sony got an exclusive game from the Souls developer a few years later. It's nowhere close to missteps like uDraw.

How will Sony ever recover from the mess Shu has got them into? Maybe they could replace him with Don Mattrick.

Come on, Mattrick's no good. The success of the PS4 is built on third party games, excellent policies, and understanding the consumer base. And those successes are not on Yoshida or WWS.

Mr. F

Banned
I don't think there's any sort of deal.

Dropping DeS was dumb as shit. Yoshida's a mess what with the state of Sony's first parties. How many have closed since he took over? Why did he greenlight Knack?

Speaking of, is Cerny still kicking around? Was kind of expecting him to be more present post-launch considering how public facing he was in the lead up to PS4.

Speaking of, is Cerny still kicking around? Was kind of expecting him to be more present post-launch considering how public facing he was in the lead up to PS4.

Still there, just more in the background. I know he was travelling with Kojima when he went around all the Sony first party studios a month or so ago.

popo

If you tweet at him, he'll probably reply. (I mean, as long as you're not meme-tweeting "site's down Dave" or something else similarly dumb)

Dave's a good dude. He just has shit going on.

Wasn't speaking personally but he did promise that he would drop by for content. Sure he started a company and had a kid - but so did Will Smith and he has been around more often than Dave.

As I say, it is a testament to how well liked he is that people forgive him. Like that deadbeat dad who turns up on your 18th birthday. You welcome him with open arms even though he went out for pack of cigarettes when you were five and never came back.

You mean the genius hardware architect who said "make it like a PC, just make sure the gfx card is one better than the xbone - oh and only put two USB ports at the front! Where do I pick up my cheque?"

Still there, just more in the background. I know he was travelling with Kojima when he went around all the Sony first party studios a month or so ago.

Speaking of which, now it makes sense why the skipped Evolution Studios during the European leg of their world tour. Also, I'd imagine due to PS4's success, Sony has given Cerny the greenlight to do preliminary work on PS5 (or maybe PS4.5/PS4K is real and he's working on that).

The new desk works pretty well for Beast purposes.

Agreed. I just think they should make the one wall (which really isn't a wall at all) to Vinny's right slightly taller. It was short enough where you could see above and behind it. I think it'd look more like a professional studio if they heightened the wall.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
They made Knack because they wanted to tick the box on a 3D platformer type game for the launch...and they're still selling bundles with it. It totally did what they wanted, even if it wasn't very good.

tumblr_o4igmwiJai1qe4qeqo1_500.png

http://jeff.zone/post/141565488516

fuck life

popo

GB commissions piece on Unions to educate Dan Ryckert. I think it is admirable that Dan can keep freelancers in food and shelter with the power of his ignorance. I have an economics degree if GB wants me to explain the basics of how mortgages work. Get in touch Austin!

BearPawB

Banned
GB commissions piece on Unions to educate Dan Ryckert. I think it is admirable that Dan can keep freelancers in food and shelter with the power of his ignorance. I have an economics degree if GB wants me to explain the basics of how mortgages work. Get in touch Austin!

As someone in the process of buying their first home...a lot of my meetings with the loan officer are going "uh huh..sure i understand escrow..." Then my wife and i spend the rest of the night discussing how neither of us fully understood what was going on.

It definitely isn't the most impressive bot i have ever encountered. No part of it really feels like a chat with a human. But maybe that is what chatting with a 16 year old is like? perhaps

popo

As someone in the process of buying their first home...a lot of my meetings with the loan officer are going "uh huh..sure i understand escrow..." Then my wife and i spend the rest of the night discussing how neither of us fully understood what was going on.

I mean everything has jargon. Do you grasp the basics of : bank lends you money with house as collateral. You pay bank back over number of years and keep house? If so, you are already ahead.

I hear the next column is a short order chef on "Scrambled Eggs : Which bit do I put in my mouth?"

I was baffled by the whole union thing with Dan back when it was happening but then I realized I grew up in Michigan and several family members worked for the auto industry growing up.

Dan's stick is willful ignorance - or at least pretending to be for comic effect. If you really wanted to know about something like unions, google will educate you on the basics in about 5 minutes.

popo

also, this bombcast is really killing my VR boner. One of these headset has to ship with more than tech demos right? Some hidden gem that has gone overlooked but turns out to justify the whole thing.

also, this bombcast is really killing my VR boner. One of these headset has to ship with more than tech demos right? Some hidden gem that has gone overlooked but turns out to justify the whole thing.

I totally get where you're coming from. There are a few good'uns in there, EVE Valkyrie in particular looks like it will be absolutely awesome, but I want something more to sink my teeth into.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom