• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

jaina

When's the best time to send in emails for the podcast? I guess it does not matter since tehy get flooded anyway.
Sunday or Monday morning should be the best.
Even if Brad is already selecting interesting ones throughout the week, he'll take a last look before the recording. And during he'll open the mail account and your's will be right on top.

UncleGrumpskin

Neo Member
Well the AI millennial Jeff posted about quickly became a neo-nazi and a MRA in the span of a day. GG microsoft, nothing could've gone wrong with this experiment.

repeater

Well the AI millennial Jeff posted about quickly became a neo-nazi and a MRA in the span of a day. GG microsoft, nothing could've gone wrong with this experiment.
EPt1Tnf.gif

repeater

This new MGS features some really fun banter. Drew and Dan seem slightly less depressed about continuing the game too, I like that.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
galak-z...

...man, galak-z

That's because the game still is literally incomplete!
I'm never going to pass up a chance to shit on the Galak-Z release. 17Bit released it as a broken, incomplete mess, promised to finish the game by the end of the year, and almost a year later still hasn't given paying customers the whole thing. Hell, most of the people that played the damn thing got it for free on PS+ at this point I'd suspect.
Kinda looks like they are actively breaking it, too. Posts from this week:
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198711237&postcount=1322
https://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=198505621&postcount=1320

That game got away with murder and I'm not sure why.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
Vinny, Jason and Alex can spot superior gameplay when they see it.

lol did you really just call TW3's gameplay superior to Bloodborne? hahaha fraud exposed

Also I'm late to this but Galak-Z isn't even a good game and has a terrible, boring aesthetic. I'm so salty I bought that at launch.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I always wondered why they went so far to pay homage to that specific style but then made the characters look like they come from an ebaumsworld animation.

N

Noray

Unconfirmed Member
What the hell, that sounds like a complete mess.

That's pretty much what it's been on PS4 all along. It runs like shit. idk what's going on with indie games that shouldn't be taxing the hardware running like shit on PS4, I believe Broforce was a mess too.

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
That's pretty much what it's been on PS4 all along. It runs like shit. idk what's going on with indie games that shouldn't be taxing the hardware running like shit on PS4, I believe Broforce was a mess too.
Unity has a problem with proper threading, which is essential on these relatively weak 8-core CPUs. Most of the games running badly, like those two, are on Unity.

they decided that people weren't unhappy enough with PS+ already

also "Deleting tweets doesn't unmake Tay a racist." lmao

yeah that broforce port is (was?) an unmitigated disaster. the load times and performance for a game like that are completely unacceptable, and that's not even including the control bugs

it's pretty great that you lose control for 2 seconds about 5 seconds into each stage, especially since the first thing that happens in a bunch of stages is having to jump over a pit

I played it up until the one stage where missiles rain down on you and I couldn't progress because my dude was just standing there getting blown up. even though I own the PC version, that pisses me off so much

mnz

Unconfirmed Member
GAF is giving me flashbacks of a long forgotten time this week. Between the NX leaks and PS4k and Xbox1.1 rumors we're reaching peak hyperbole and fanboyism. It's pretty entertaining right now.

GAF is giving me flashbacks of a long forgotten time this week. Between the NX leaks and PS4k and Xbox1.1 rumors we're reaching peak hyperbole and fanboyism. It's pretty entertaining right now.

listening to the VR stuff on the bombcast this morning straight up reminded me of wii hype and it was weirdly nostalgic.

It still hasn't really settled in for me that VR is here -- the thing that has long been considered kinda the pinnacle of gaming. That's not actually true, obviously (at least in the sense that we're discovering VR's limitations re: practical gameplay), but it's always felt more sci-fi than plausible for me and now boom, we're gonna have a bunch to choose from. Just weird.

Zaph

Unity has a problem with proper threading, which is essential on these relatively weak 8-core CPUs. Most of the games running badly, like those two, are on Unity.

As great as the indie explosion has been, as well as the tools enabling smaller teams to do more; the rise of the more ambitious and multi-platform projects has kinda revealed a serious flaw - these studios aren't hiring (and probably cannot afford to hire) the required 3D/engine programmers for the scope of the project.

Engine weaknesses aren't new, but are usually addressed by bringing people in to work around it/outsourcing the problem/working closely with the engine's support team. None of those things are as accessible for indies and the results are becoming apparent.

It still hasn't really settled in for me that VR is here -- the thing that has long been considered kinda the pinnacle of gaming. That's not actually true, obviously (at least in the sense that we're discovering VR's limitations re: practical gameplay), but it's always felt more sci-fi than plausible for me and now boom, we're gonna have a bunch to choose from. Just weird.

Yup, it's definitely surreal. In a way I'm more excited to see how the VR dust settles, than VR itself.

I just never activated the stuff I couldn't imagine playing. Usually just saved the keys up for the Steam sale threads and threw them at modbot.

I still have over 500 Steam games. Most of the last five years is a blur of bundles.

I've done that the last few years but, still, i've had my steam account since the Counterstrike Source beta sooooooooo my library is full of years of bundle mistakes.

Hiding the games has helped quite a bit but if i could sell those games off completely i'd be pretty happy

yeah that broforce port is (was?) an unmitigated disaster. the load times and performance for a game like that are completely unacceptable, and that's not even including the control bugs

it's pretty great that you lose control for 2 seconds about 5 seconds into each stage, especially since the first thing that happens in a bunch of stages is having to jump over a pit

I played it up until the one stage where missiles rain down on you and I couldn't progress because my dude was just standing there getting blown up. even though I own the PC version, that pisses me off so much

I'm pretty sure 'is' would be correct, sadly.

Tubobutts

For me VR won't be real until I try it. Which will be never.

I think we'll hit peak GAFiness soon once Uncharted 4 hits. I expect blood, sweat, tears, but almost assuredly some salt coming from people who are very invested in that game being GOTY or the opposite.

I mean, if people got their boxers in a bunch over the Polygon review of TLOU then imagine what'll come if anyone gives UC4 an 8.8 or less.

JonCha

I'm having big problem with the GB Video Buddy app on my iPhone. Whenever I try to Chromecast content it stutters a lot and sometimes continues running without audio. Pausing and resuming rectifies this for seconds ...

YouTube is prefect with Chromecast and I was able to watch the Trackmania Quick Look yesterday without any stuttering at lot, which makes me think it's a problem with the VB app.

psylah

Yo I think Cody Rhodes is friendly with Dan so that he can work his way closer to Jeff and eventually get revenge on him for the Twilight Princess review.

Watch your back, Jeff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom