• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

That sounds right. I hope they do because if it crashes like that at launch that will be extremely disappointing

Oh yeah, in the state it was in when GBEast played it it's nearly unplayable: frequent crashes, especially in a game like that, is a deal breaker.

How so?

Why is it strange that the director of a Batman films who is thinking about making the most brutal version of Batman would watch a video about how many people other versions have killed? His point was that Batman does and has killed many people in the movies so people calling him out on it and saying Batman doesn't kill are just grasping at straws, which I 100% agree with.

I do have issues with the whole manslaughter/murder quote but everything Batman does in the movie works in the context of the movie imo.

It's not really for this thread and it's impossible to really do without spoilers. Even though I half agree with you it is still stupid to support your arguments by what other people have done. Validate what you do within your own work it just doesn't work the same. Some of it does work and is validated within this movie, but not all of it as far as we are told in this movie. It's just weak and cheap to reference other works to validate your own.

pizzacat

Banned
How so?

Why is it strange that the director of a Batman films who is thinking about making the most brutal version of Batman would watch a video about how many people other versions have killed? His point was that Batman does and has killed many people in the movies so people calling him out on it and saying Batman doesn't kill are just grasping at straws, which I 100% agree with.

I do have issues with the whole manslaughter/murder quote but everything Batman does in the movie works in the context of the movie imo.
Oh so those rumors are true eh?

Would be insane if this was like a flashpoint movie without anyone noticing so it was
thomas Wayne
as batman which would excuse the killing and give us another "reboot" since everyone's up in arms with Zach snyder

I bailed on MGScanlonV after the first few episodes, mainly because I was just wrapping up my 100 hours on the game and already feeling like I both enjoyed my time with it and yet never, ever wanted to even look at it ever again. Has it been an enjoyable watch? I instinctively cringe when I see how many episodes it's up to.

The Giant Bomb bubble is definitely a thing. In some cases I think they end up being mislead by American industry contacts who aren't impartial. I remember in 2013 Brad posting in here that we were making too big a deal of the PS4 power advantage. And of course there was Patrick leading the Sony Too bullshit brigade.

Is the PS4 power advantage that big a deal? I feel like to the majority of console players as a whole it's probably not hugely relevant to peoples buying decisions? Or certainly not the priority. Of course GAF could be seen as its own bubble too, as a community of extremely avid/hardcore gamers who are much more likely to care about things like that then the public at large.

TraBuch

Banned
I bailed on MGScanlonV after the first few episodes, mainly because I was just wrapping up my 100 hours on the game and already feeling like I both enjoyed my time with it and yet never, ever wanted to even look at it ever again. Has it been an enjoyable watch? I instinctively cringe when I see how many episodes it's up to.
Stay away.

Myggen

If you dont have much interest in the game anymore you can stay away.

Meneses

Nah, don't bother, especially having played that game for so many hours. You'll probably be annoyed at how every mission ends up.

hamchan

You'll cringe when you watch it too. If you're the type to enjoy watching a man slowly break because he has to play a video game he doesn't actually want to play then MGScanlon V is for you.

Myggen

Giant Bomb is dead.

URyzIeg.png

StoveOven

Banned

He's still using the riot smg, so I'd recommend not watching.

justjim89

Wasn't there a bit on the Bombcast years ago, in the Ryan days, when they discussed how scared the criminals would be if Batman rolled up on them with a gun? It was either a Bombcast or The Comedy Button, but I wanna say I remember Jeff and Vinny in the bit.

I wouldn't watch then.

Myggen

Wasn't there a bit on the Bombcast years ago, in the Ryan days, when they discussed how scared the criminals would be if Batman rolled up on them with a gun? It was either a Bombcast or The Comedy Button, but I wanna say I remember Jeff and Vinny in the bit.

Dont remember that personally.

Yea I know haha, trying to be optimistic... really though I can't see them releasing the game in that state. GBE said they couldn't even play any other class besides knight and even then it still crashed a few times

I think the scary thing is that I can see them not doing anything with these last three weeks, and I wouldn't be surprised if it was a hot, crashy mess. Like I don't want that to be true, I want them to figure this out, because having a decent Dark Souls release on PC would be fantastic... But at the same time, there's nothing in their track record to inspire that hope.

I didn't even realize we're a week away to the end of March. They squeaked this one in.

TraBuch

Banned
Alright, time to go through some of those PS3 IGC games I've never played.

Which of these are worth downloading?

Puppeteer
Prototype 2
Call of Juarez Gunslinger
Dragon's Crown
Thief
Binary Domain
Warhammer 40K Space Marine
Papo & Yo
Sly Cooper Thieves in Time

pizzacat

Banned

Puppeteer
Prototype 2
Dragon's Crown
Thief
Binary Domain
Papo & Yo
Dragons Crown
Binary Domain

Puppeteer
Prototype 2
Dragon's Crown
Thief
Binary Domain
Papo & Yo

Puppeteer, Gunslinger, Dragon's Crown, Binary Domain, Sly

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Puppeteer is a goddamn amazing looking game but kind of boring. Play it and gawk.
Gunslinger is good but I don't know how it runs on PS3.

(All of those games are way too good for PS+ now).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom