• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

oti

Banned
So this is how the world ends. The free world bans anime and people turn into monsters thinking SMW looks ugly.

Weirdest Zombie apocalypse scenario ever.

There's nothing bland about NSMBU's art. It's a drastically better looking game than the other NSMB games (and all 2D marios not named paper mario)

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
It's funny though that Jeff and Dan love Mario Maker so much when they hate NSMB, they never use SMB or Mario 3 tilesets, they hate underwater levels, they hate auto-playing levels. They enjoy making levels in the SMW tileset and that's it. They enjoy maybe 30% of the game, and yet they loved it enough to make it GotY.

Maaaaaybe MGSV should've won.

If I'm not mistaken Jeff mostly makes SMB levels and Dan uses the SM3 tileset a lot.

I automatically skip any level in the NSMB tileset that comes up. Even the very best Nintendo levels in that style are just okay, but it seems to be the default style for the worst level creators.

It's funny though that Jeff and Dan love Mario Maker so much when they hate NSMB, they never use SMB or Mario 3 tilesets, they hate underwater levels, they hate auto-playing levels. They enjoy making levels in the SMW tileset and that's it. They enjoy maybe 30% of the game, and yet they loved it enough to make it GotY.

It seems like you're basing your opinion purely off of these levels, which are made by committee. They've totally made levels using SMB3, SMB, and even the NSMB tilesets.

justjim89

Also, you can't say SMW looks gross and then put NSMB's aesthetics on a pedestal. that's just straight up trolling at that point

How am I trolling? I enjoy the colorful, cartoonish look of NSMB series. It's crisp but playful. It looks like a game made out of how the 3D Mario renders have looked for years. When I see it, it looks exactly like how my brain has always thought Mario is supposed to look like. Especially the castle levels with the lava glowing off of everything. It's gorgeous.

Super Mario World looks like Nintendo didn't know what to do with the extra technology offered by the SNES, so they just threw shit at the wall. Mario World looks like they weren't sure what they really wanted Mario to look like.

I don't know, I like the New Super Mario Bros. look. It's not especially attractive in the earlier stages, but when you get to the non-grassland style stages, it looks great.

justjim89

I don't know, I like the New Super Mario Bros. look. It's not especially attractive in the earlier stages, but when you get to the non-grassland style stages, it looks great.

Exactly. The first world can be a bit by-the-numbers, but the further the games go, the better they look.

Patryn

Did Jeff say he unplugged his Xbox One?

I'm thinking about selling it myself.

Fun fact: My XBox One is my most used console.

I just don't ever game on it. I'm the one person in the world who uses the TV passthrough and actually likes it.

XAQqjg5.jpg

jaina

If they never manage to upload it, I'm sure there'll be a fan to recreate and upload it eventually. PS4ERHD gives me confidence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom