• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Giant Bomb XXI | Architects and Engineers for 9/11 Truth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Myggen

I thought that was CNET and GBeast just got some time with it thanks to the Bakalar Connexion?

Okay, that would make more sense. Since East has no real way to actually make video with a Vive it would've been strange if they got one.

Anyways, they need to get Muir on this.

JonCha

You know what's better than all day streams? Catching up on all day streams

ON A DATA CAP

Because I'm in the UK I turned it off about 7.5 hours in and from that I thought it was a pretty good stream. The point of it is to show off what VR is and I thought they did that well. As others have said, the mech tower defense game Brad playd (AirMech?) looked quite cool in VR.

pizzacat

Banned
I watched like a good minute of Jeff playing an adventure time game so theres no need for me to question the quality of the stream

Thanks tho

I thought that was CNET and GBeast just got some time with it thanks to the Bakalar Connexion?

" From the chat:

Alex to assirra
There's a Vive in the office. CNET may have a Rift as well. "

Edit: It's actually the other way around though. Also, I don't know why this didn't link correctly but fixed.

"The Bakalar Connection" sounds like it should be the name of some weird 70s paranoid thriller starring Robert Redford or something.

The VR stream was fantastic. Jason toiling away in the control room for ~12 hours and then going home to raise a child kind of blows my mind.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
I think VR games will reach maturity when devs start losing focus the VR part of the medium. Which sounds weird, I know, but right now it seems like the focus is more about how people wil interact in a virtual space with not much substance in that actual virtual space.

Thanks for creating and updating the Rift Stream thread, Death Metalist!

Well, I wouldn't have done it without you guys so it's all good. I wonder when the Vive stream will be, wouldn't mind making another one if the timing was as crazy early as the Rift was. Yesterday was a ton of fun, archives should be going up today.

Zaph

I think VR games will reach maturity when devs start losing focus the VR part of the medium. Which sounds weird, I know, but right now it seems like the focus is more about how people wil interact in a virtual space with not much substance in that actual virtual space.

Absolutely. Once VR becomes as a piece of the puzzle, rather than the puzzle itself, things will get interesting. However, devs are no doubt well aware of this but have to bang out these experiences on a budget that reflects a realistic install base for now.

In a way it kinda reminds me of the advent of 3D gaming. What was the first thing that got shoved down our throats? Bloody platformers.

This took a dark turn.

image.php

More like nightdream

Myggen

Always feels weird to bring a comment like that in here with a screenshot.

Anyways yeah, that gif is pretty bad. The 30 second clip is much better. Also, Jeff was screaming not laughing, but I can see how it could look like laughing in that gif.

Since we're all about the tanks, how would a visual nove/Dating sim game be like in VR? Man, with all the depth you could achieve and movement. It could be pretty...interesting.

Jintor

As always.

Avoid big general sub-reddits.

Find sub-reddits based on more specific interests.

anything where experts need to be verified before posting is a thing to do. the science and history reddits especially (though they can pull drama like you wouldn't believe either, but at least it's closer to a academic slap-fight than just calling each other a wanker)

also askreddits for good stories. just don't believe anything and you'll be okay.

As always.

Avoid big general sub-reddits.

Find sub-reddits based on more specific interests.

Exactly. SRD is the only larger subreddit worth subscribing to.

Since we're all about the tanks, how would a visual nove/Dating sim game be like in VR? Man, with all the depth you could achieve and movement. It could be pretty...interesting.

Visual novel would just be still frames so that won't really be worth it in VR. Now dating sim games, there are proof of concepts out there for where those can go.

I actually think reddit is purposely trying to make r/all annoying as possible to convince people to go gold to remove subreddits from r/all.

/tinfoilhat

But... You could just make your own Multireddit, and bookmark that as your "main page" for reddit in your bookmarks. Bam no defaults and it's only things you're into.

Antiwhippy

the holder of the trombone
anything where experts need to be verified before posting is a thing to do. the science and history reddits especially (though they can pull drama like you wouldn't believe either, but at least it's closer to a academic slap-fight than just calling each other a wanker)

also askreddits for good stories. just don't believe anything and you'll be okay.

You see, I like the cricket sub-reddit specifically because it's full of people calling each other cunts.

Myggen

Yeah, that was the one time I can recall things getting ugly there -- though I'm pretty sure it was just one guy who really went overboard. People complain about him selling shirts here, too.

It was one or two users who really became shitty, yeah. But that subreddit is good overall.

Is My Nintendo the new unified Nintendo account system that I need to link my NNID to, or has that not been rolled out yet? I'm not interested in Miitomo at all, I'm just trying to figure out what I should be looking for when it comes to that unified account plan.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom