• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Not everyone is cool enough to have kids as a teenager.

To be fair, and in hindsight, I don't think that's how the statement was intended.

For my own case, growing up I always thought I'd have children sooner than my mother had me (and that was pretty much the only consideration - age). But, the older I got, the more I realized that it probably wasn't fair to me (or anyone I was with) to put a set timeline like that on myself. I had to live my life on the terms that suit me best at the time - and right now, that's going back to school so I can start doing more of the things I love, and become more of the person I want to be.

More than anything else, I want whatever children I raise to be proud to know me, and to see me as an example of strength, wisdom and stability. So I wait.

You appear to have forgotten:

D) They're expensive
E) Biologically incapable of having children
F) Don't want children (not intended as a resistance movement, but just a personal decision)
G) Want to raise a family in a two-parent household, and there's no willing partner as of yet
H) Want to have a stable job where they get the benefits/time off/flexibility they need to have kids and raise them
I) Want to own their own home first

...I could go on.

Please don't slot us all into restrictive categories. It's awfully judgemental and not reflective of the current reality.
This. I like kids plenty but I don't want to raise my own and it's not a political statement. Fortunately, my family has never put any pressure on me to have kids (or get married for that matter, though I already did). Sadly, I have an inkling that my being gay might have something to do w/it.

Emitan

This. I like kids plenty but I don't want to raise my own and it's not a political statement. Fortunately, my family has never put any pressure on me to have kids (or get married for that matter, though I already did). Sadly, I have an inkling that my being gay might have something to do w/it.

Fable 2 taught me two women can make a baby. No excuses!

We managed to secure a discussion that has gravitas on the real world and our personal lives and again, you [Idlethreats and Emitan] manage to muck up the discussion with the mentioning of video games endlessly. You bring up video games at least once a page. Please, please supply a valid reason for the relevance of video games in this thread again amid a discussion on procreation? I know I'm not the only one tired of you and others seemingly going off topic just to riddle this thread with more nerd shit. If you are keen to discuss games so much could you do it to the gaming side and leave this thread alone?

Thank you.

Wow, if this was Fire Emblem I so wouldn't have children with you.

Okay, new topic:

I can't figure out how to wear coloured pants. I have hips and I find they all make me look hippy. And like a hippy. Funny, that.

Anyway, coloured pants: how to do?

Straight and skinny cuts aren't flattering on me because of my shape. Let's get that out of the way.

When I go into stores, I try them on with form-fitting stuff, blousey stuff, tunic-y stuff...pair with other colours, neutrals, white and black...etc. It doesn't seem to be flattering on me.

I'm flexible in the shoe department, as long as I'm indoors. In this weather, I wear rainboots outside, full stop.

I am most comfortable in a trouser jean with a fitted top and gemtone cardigan (with some accessories). That's my usual business casual look.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Do you type in chat, or just ignore the chat room? Part of the fun for me is interacting with the people who are watching/talking about the game. I don't think anyone would want to just watch a video of me playing something badly without any commentary haha

Late reply but I usually have the chat open to the side or on my phone so I can chat with the people watching since I figure there wouldn't be much of a point of doing it live without some immediate feedback.

I honestly wish I had never gone on the pill now. Sure, it helps with some things. But last year I tried to stop taking it because I had a hunch it was making me tired and nauseated all the time.

Well, I stopped taking it at the beginning of June and just one month later I started to get pimples... (I never got pimples. Like, my skin was bomb-proof, I could have used Crisco as a moisturizer). Then more pimples. Then I ended up with the worst case of cystic acne I could have imagined. My whole face hurt, I was super depressed, didn't want to leave the house, didn't want to work, had to pile on the makeup just to look passable. So I went back on the pill, of course, because no matter what else I did it wouldn't go away. It took months after I started again for the acne to go away, and it was another 6 months before my skin was free of red spots enough that I could leave the house without makeup on. I'm lucky I got away with only one small scar and a couple broken capillaries.

So now I don't know what to do. Guess I'm stuck with the pill for a loooong while... because I will NOT go through that again. I'd never felt worse in my entire life. I wish I could go back and tell my past self never to go on it.

Glad it all cleared up okay. Maybe when you go off it in the future your skin will have changed enough so that you don't get problems again.

I'm kinda worried, since I'll have to go off in a couple of years (its dangerous to use it for more than a decade no?). It's been working really well for me, I don't really wanna give it up.

So this is mostly about your size and less about the colors? What size are you if you don't mind me asking? If you do (and I totally understand) you can just give an idea. I'm sure there's something bright and colorful that can give you a shot of confidence. I'm willing to bet they don't look that unflattering on you!

Let's just say my hips are one size, and my waist is four sizes smaller. And my knees require a different style than this waist-hip ratio. And I have massive calves.

I have trouble with all pants, not just colourful ones. But I'd like to have one outfit that has colour below my waist. So I pick on colour, because I already have pants of every shade of grey.

Well, maybe not 50.

We managed to secure a discussion that has gravitas on the real world and our personal lives and again, you [Idlethreats and Emitan] manage to muck up the discussion with the mentioning of video games endlessly. You bring up video games at least once a page. Please, please supply a valid reason for the relevance of video games in this thread again amid a discussion on procreation? I know I'm not the only one tired of you and others seemingly going off topic just to riddle this thread with more nerd shit. If you are keen to discuss games so much could you do it to the gaming side and leave this thread alone?

Thank you.

I wasnt aware you were the arbiter of what is and is not allowed in this thread, nor what is on topic. Last time i check this thread was a thread for women to talk about stuff, not specific stuff, that's the way it was before you came here and thats the way I think it's gonna stay no matter what you say.

Let's just say my hips are one size, and my waist is four sizes smaller. And my knees require a different style than this waist-hip ratio. And I have massive calves.

I have trouble with all pants, not just colourful ones. But I'd like to have one outfit that has colour below my waist. So I pick on colour, because I already have pants of every shade of grey.

Well, maybe not 50.

Both of these are high-waisted, I think you should consider wearing stuff off your hips.

Both of these are high-waisted, I think you should consider wearing stuff off your hips.

I hear you on the mid- or low-rise as opposed to the high-rise, but the difficulty I have is that even with a belt, some mids and lows leave me with other, more revealing, issues. Which, more than anything else, is *not* work appropriate.

Gosh, I sound like such a downer. I really want to find a pant that works!

I had the same problem with bermudas, and finally found a pair that worked on me. I danced through the store. Yes, really. It took me three years.

Zoe

I hear you on the mid- or low-rise as opposed to the high-rise, but the difficulty I have is that even with a belt, some mids and lows leave me with other, more revealing, issues. Which, more than anything else, is *not* work appropriate.

Gosh, I sound like such a downer. I really want to find a pant that works!

I had the same problem with bermudas, and finally found a pair that worked on me. I danced through the store. Yes, really. It took me three years.

Does it have to be pants? Can you go with skirts? I can't find pants that hide the dreaded muffin-top or don't roll down on me (or are short enough), but skirts are pretty easy to fit into.

Does it have to be pants? Can you go with skirts? I can't find pants that hide the dreaded muffin-top or don't roll down on me (or are short enough), but skirts are pretty easy to fit into.

Yes, skirts are easy, and I'm not anti-skirt. But, skirts aren't my favourite thing when it's sub-zero and breezy outside. It's not a long walk to the subway in the morning, but it can feel that way with uninvited air conditioning.

All I know is that members of transgaf routinely come into this thread to talk about games, other forms of nerd stuff. Some of these topics (such as games) are not bad by itself, being a game forum, but when it's the same people over and over it grows old, ruins discussion, and makes the whole thread cyclical. If someone posts about hot guys, someone from transgaf likely has an issue with us talking about them, citing that there are other threads to talk about men, ignoring that we are in a forum that is male-based.

I never said I was was the person who allows what discussion to be discussed, but that certainly does not disallow me the opportunity to speak out against another wall of posts talking about Vita, 3ds, and Fire Emblem.

If members of transgaf want to be a part of the thread, cool. Wanna talk about games? Even cooler. But please have a hint of tact and not turn it into gaming power hour starring Transgaf at every single opportunity.

uhm, idlethreats is cis (iirc), secondly don't act all high and mighty, sounds like a whole lot of self-hate going on. People talk about other things all the time in the thread, it's a general discussion thread, people dont just talk about the things you want to talk about trans or cis. Really ironic to be talking about tact too, because honestly you have zero.

I just want to talk about hot people and sex without some people feeling the need to swerve the topic every time. That's all I'm going to say.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
This is a place for the women of GAF to talk and have a place all our own. We talk about girly things all the time, sure, but that doesn't mean other subjects are off limits. We're a community, it happens. It's fun. We just roll with it.

Leeness

I like to listen to anything anyone has to talk about in here... haha.

Sex? Go for it! It's interesting!

Games? Cool, I like games!

Clothes? I have zero fashion sense!

lol. GirlGAF gonna Girl.

<3

Blade Worker:

express-8.png

Try one of these?

I've got a few of those, was just hoping that LadyGAF would have an idea of where I might find suitable coloured pants.

Ah well. The search continues...

Okay, now that I know more of your situation, Bladey, try on some pants that:

1. Are dark, preferably black. They'll hide your hides and lower body frame more. Darker colors hide, bright colors stand out. Go with a bright top, rather than bright bottoms!

2. What colors do YOU feel look good on you? :) What is your skin tone?

I have dark pants, and lots of them. Was trying to find a way to wear colour for pants, because I have lots of coloured tops and wanted to do something different and slightly more fashion-forward.

Jewel tones look best on me; I have pale, winter skin.

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Baggy clothing is great if you have too many curves >_>

What? No. Flaunt them. Flaunt them all~

My motto is "Fit not tight." Hugs your skin just enough but avoids making you look like a sausage.

This probably works best for an hourglass body type, but that's the body type I'm used to. >> I used to wear baggy clothes in middle school and part of high school because I was so ashamed of the curves I got. I didn't want anyone to see. Big shirts with dragons on them and baggy jeans. So awful. D:

There are degrees of baggy.

That I can think of: There's sausage casing, tight, form fitting, skimming, loose, baggy, and potato sack.

I like to err on form-fitting or skimming most of the time.

Leeness

What? No. Flaunt them. Flaunt them all~

My motto is "Fit not tight." Hugs your skin just enough but avoids making you look like a sausage.

This probably works best for an hourglass body type, but that's the body type I'm used to. >> I used to wear baggy clothes in middle school and part of high school because I was so ashamed of the curves I got. I didn't want anyone to see. Big shirts with dragons on them and baggy jeans. So awful. D:

Baggy clothes hide all :D

Lissar

Reluctant Member
Oh man, I was looking for pics and ended up finding this:

tight.jpg

D:

I mean, they can kind of work it because they're so skinny (I certainly could not) but the idea of something being so tight it starts going up your butt is unappealing.

Platy

I like to listen to anything anyone has to talk about in here... haha.

Sex? Go for it! It's interesting!

Games? Cool, I like games!

Clothes? I have zero fashion sense!

lol. GirlGAF gonna Girl.

<3

This !

I love to read the fashion talk because I didn't knew what is fashion even if it tapdanced on my face

Top Bottom