• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Leeness

I sooo want to go back to magic kingdom soon.

I've been to Land but not World. I want to just live there. lol.

Im super excited about fantasy land. Next time I go, I'm eating at the beauty and the beast dance hall restaurant. Checked out that menu the day it was revealed, already excited. I'm already sort of planning a trip there for next christmas. Growing up, we used to go to disney world every year, up until my mid teens, I definitely miss it.

Aaaaaah, Beauty and the Beast stuff. I saw a video of a walkthrough of the new BatB area and all my creys. Want to go so badly.

And yes, Devo, make a thread!

I dunno, I'm such a fashion disaster, maybe it would be nice to have you guys try to find ANYthing that looks okay on me.

I've been to Land but not World. I want to just live there. lol.

And yes, Devo, make a thread!

I dunno, I'm such a fashion disaster, maybe it would be nice to have you guys try to find ANYthing that looks okay on me.

Being from the Bahamas, I go to florida a lot for vacation (ironic I know) , been to world a good bit in my lifetime, been a while though.

Emitan

Also maybe:

cim5yJP.gif

MPa6bOf.gif

Somehow my sister still has not seen Zoolander. I need to fix this.

uhm, idlethreats is cis (iirc), secondly don't act all high and mighty, sounds like a whole lot of self-hate going on. People talk about other things all the time in the thread, it's a general discussion thread, people dont just talk about the things you want to talk about trans or cis. Really ironic to be talking about tact too, because honestly you have zero.
lol yup, but i'm okay with being a transgaf star!

IIRC, Mean Girls is free to stream if you have Amazon Prime. Honestly though, I think it's kind of overrated. I like it overall, but several parts fell pretty flat for me. It's also kind of sad to me because it's like Lindsey Lohan's last hurrah before she descended into...whatever she's become now. Parent Trap Lindsey was so cute. :-(

Emitan

IIRC, Mean Girls is free to stream if you have Amazon Prime. Honestly though, I think it's kind of overrated. I like it overall, but several parts fell pretty flat for me. It's also kind of sad to me because it's like Lindsey Lohan's last hurrah before she descended into...whatever she's become now. Parent Trap Lindsey was so cute. :-(

I forget Amazon Prime lets me stream stuff. That's awesome.

I forget Amazon Prime lets me stream stuff. That's awesome.
And if you have a PS3 or a Wii, you can stream it off of your TV.

Just checked though and Mean Girls isn't one of the Prime freebies. Damn. I could swear it was earlier this year, maybe they took it off. Two seasons of Downton Abbey *are* free w/Prime though, so there is that.

Platy

"Zoolander" is awesome ... but I can never tell others how good it is because it sounds so BAD in theory =P

Also "Mean Girls" is awesome, but then again I am a total Tina Fey fangirl =3

And since we are talking about awesome movies with girls in schools ... "Saved" is highly underated

If members of transgaf want to be a part of the thread, cool.

This gave me a good laugh =x

Shan, I'm not quoting to pick on you but because I find both statements interesting in their juxtaposition:

I'm also kind of surprised at how pretty much no one but Devo seem to want kids ever. They always seems like par for the course, though like Devo I don't want them for at least another decade. I don't think having kids precludes one from working, doing fun things or even study.

And, in the same breath:
A bit, though its more annoying when people say there are no girls who are real gamers.

Both of the statements "no one but so-and-so seem to like/want/be x" and "there are no girls on the internet" render others who do not fit the mold invisible, and able to be dismissed.

This is always something that frustrates me, as I feel that nuance is important in such a world of diverse people, thoughts, and opinions. But alas, I've no great sense of self-importance that I feel the need to respond to every occurrence. And, I know full well it's a human tendency to read less than half of anything and respond accordingly.

So, just as I am routinely dismissed, so do I dismiss others' dismissals of me.

lol, thanks for all the 'support' for the kid :p and no, I don't mind the pet comparison haha, I'm not one of those sensitive parent types. I've thought about child litter boxes, but I doubt he would bury it.

I do something chuckle at the whole 'have or don't have' kids thing. As someone who has one, and wants a couple more down the line, I'm not offended if people don't want them. It is really strange how much pressure people put on women (and guys too, but I got it muuuuch less than the wife) to have children, especially right after marriage. We waited about 4 years fwiw. When I mention my kid around friends/etc they sometimes react with a 'man I could never do that' or the convo turns into a 'I don't want kids', and immediately apologize as if I should be offended by that notion. But a lot of parents probably are.

From my perspective, as someone who was raised by terrible parents, I'd rather people are a little more discretionary when pumping out kiddos.

lol, thanks for all the 'support' for the kid :p and no, I don't mind the pet comparison haha, I'm not one of those sensitive parent types. I've thought about child litter boxes, but I doubt he would bury it.

I do something chuckle at the whole 'have or don't have' kids thing. As someone who has one, and wants a couple more down the line, I'm not offended if people don't want them. It is really strange how much pressure people put on women (and guys too, but I got it muuuuch less than the wife) to have children, especially right after marriage. We waited about 4 years fwiw. When I mention my kid around friends/etc they sometimes react with a 'man I could never do that' or the convo turns into a 'I don't want kids', and immediately apologize as if I should be offended by that notion. But a lot of parents probably are.

From my perspective, as someone who was raised by terrible parents, I'd rather people are a little more discretionary when pumping out kiddos.

It is a shame that there is such pressure on it by some people, as we could do with a little more thought on that particular decision just in case that might help reduce the number of terrible parents.

I'm a bit lucky in that regards to be a guy, as I know the pressure I've managed to deflect away from my parents and such would be ten-hundred fold in intensity if I was a gal - and I think I'd most likely cave in to pressure in such a situation.

Nothing wrong with getting kids, but it really should be a decision made with little consideration of what everyone else think - as you and your partner are the ones who will hold the responsibility.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Meh, I missed everything.

Me too :S The thread really picked up!

Before I say anything else, I'll admit that a) I'm a guy, b) I just lurk here every so often, and c) I'm a little late to this discussion, but my suggestion:

Get a Mirena.

It's basically an IUD+ -- it sits in your uterus like an IUD, but it also has some chemical or hormone or something that only (in theory) affects your uterus. It's good for at least five years*, it stops your period entirely, and it's behind only abstinence and getting tied/snipped in terms of effectiveness (or, at least, it was as of a few years ago). My wife got one shortly after we met, and while she had a few complaints (a little bit of weight gain and some initial moodiness), it worked really well. We don't want kids either, and she only went off it because not having her period was starting to weird her out.

*They say it's only guaranteed to be effective for five years, but one of her friends got one at the same time, and she's still using it. That was almost eight years ago.

I hope that's a little helpful!

Thanks for your post. I am definitely considering an IUD. I've heard nothing but great things about them and they're amazing for the long-term, nothing beats them really.

Ideally, I'd like to get off hormones altogether, so I was thinking about a copper IUD, but I might go for Mirena too. I just made an appointment with my new doctor so I can sit down and formulate a game plan. I think I need to taper off the hormones slowly, because Yasmin is jam packed full of them.

All I know is that members of transgaf routinely come into this thread to talk about games, other forms of nerd stuff. Some of these topics (such as games) are not bad by itself, being a game forum, but when it's the same people over and over it grows old, ruins discussion, and makes the whole thread cyclical. If someone posts about hot guys, someone from transgaf likely has an issue with us talking about them, citing that there are other threads to talk about men, ignoring that we are in a forum that is male-based.

I never said I was was the person who allows what discussion to be discussed, but that certainly does not disallow me the opportunity to speak out against another wall of posts talking about Vita, 3ds, and Fire Emblem.

If members of transgaf want to be a part of the thread, cool. Wanna talk about games? Even cooler. But please have a hint of tact and not turn it into gaming power hour starring Transgaf at every single opportunity.
ibfj3Bo8WiXdgO.gif

Missed this post earlier. What the hell, Lin.

Edit:
I found a picture of you in action.
ibutA9fM5cqgrE.jpg

Top Bottom