• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

When I started taking Yasmin it was touted by tons of people as a miracle cure for bad periods and bad skin, and since I had painful periods I was all gung-ho about it when my doc suggested it. And if it was going to kill the occasional pimple then that was awesome, too. The bad press has mostly been recent.

I'd actually like to get off the pill completely and get on something more long-term because I don't want children (like an IUD). I guess when I talk to my new doctor I'm going to have to ask about the skin thing. I'm hoping that if I switch to a pill that has the same type of estrogen as Yasmin that the acne won't make a repeat appearance.

Before I say anything else, I'll admit that a) I'm a guy, b) I just lurk here every so often, and c) I'm a little late to this discussion, but my suggestion:

Get a Mirena.

It's basically an IUD+ -- it sits in your uterus like an IUD, but it also has some chemical or hormone or something that only (in theory) affects your uterus. It's good for at least five years*, it stops your period entirely, and it's behind only abstinence and getting tied/snipped in terms of effectiveness (or, at least, it was as of a few years ago). My wife got one shortly after we met, and while she had a few complaints (a little bit of weight gain and some initial moodiness), it worked really well. We don't want kids either, and she only went off it because not having her period was starting to weird her out.

*They say it's only guaranteed to be effective for five years, but one of her friends got one at the same time, and she's still using it. That was almost eight years ago.

I hope that's a little helpful!

If members of transgaf want to be a part of the thread, cool. Wanna talk about games? Even cooler. But please have a hint of tact and not turn it into gaming power hour starring Transgaf at every single opportunity.

You're telling someone to have a "hint of tact" when you're the one who called Emitan an "attention whore" for no reason at all?

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47548624&postcount=6896

This is the original post. Emitan is not on hormones, does not present as female, and being transgender does not mean every time someone mentions someone female (or male) you look up or think they're talking to you. Emitan's post served to tell us nothing, there was no reason at all for her to even think the person talking was even talking to her and yet she thought it was right to post in the transgender thread.

If that's not attention whoring, was is it? Maybe she was happy to think someone referred her as "ma'am", but this is not expressed. The only information one could even garner from the post is a grasp for attention. It certainly was for "no reason at all" like you claim, and I never realized calling someone an attention whore was deemed rude nor disrespectful. It has anything to do with tact. I merely called it for what it was. I apologize if that offends you.

Maybe just maybe you are gleaning more from her posts both here and there more than you know, her simply posting, about things she wants to share, for no explicit reason, she posts a lot you see , it was an anecdote, just like the fable 2 lesbian baby story. Anecdotes lead to conversation, if you hadn't rudely called her an attention whore, I might have then talked about how I sometimes respond to sir and mr and hate myself for it, maybe someone else would have interjected with a none rude thing to say or maybe the thread would have died until someone else said something, that's kinda how forums work. But I guess next time we should remember to run everything by you to deem it worthy for posting and discussion. Maybe you think she's attention whoring, because you want attention yourself, perhaps. Also it was very rude, you not seeing that shows very much so, how you lack tact.

I wonder if it would be easier to resurrect the old girl-fashion one and expand it or just start a new one. There are a ton of shopping sites for guys and girls, and it'd be cool to get ideas for boyfriend gifts/ get advice from guys and girls.

Well if a thread's been dead long enough, i dont see any reason to make a new one, especially if you want to fill it up with a good op and stuff.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=47548624&postcount=6896

This is the original post. Emitan is not on hormones, does not present as female, and being transgender does not mean every time someone mentions someone female (or male) you look up or think they're talking to you. Emitan's post served to tell us nothing, there was no reason at all for her to even think the person talking was even talking to her and yet she thought it was right to post in the transgender thread.

If that's not attention whoring, was is it? Maybe she was happy to think someone referred her as "ma'am", but this is not expressed. The only information one could even garner from the post is a grasp for attention. It certainly was not for "no reason at all" like you claim, and I never realized calling someone an attention whore was deemed rude nor disrespectful. It has anything to do with tact. I merely called it for what it was. I apologize if that offends you.

I'll drop it then and put her on ignore.
LOL. Your assertiveness is so annoying.

2937754319_1_3.gif

A.E Suggs

You appear to have forgotten:

D) They're expensive
E) Biologically incapable of having children
F) Don't want children (not intended as a resistance movement, but just a personal decision)
G) Want to raise a family in a two-parent household, and there's no willing partner as of yet
H) Want to have a stable job where they get the benefits/time off/flexibility they need to have kids and raise them
I) Want to own their own home first

...I could go on.

Please don't slot us all into restrictive categories. It's awfully judgemental and not reflective of the current reality.

You appear to have taken a very aggressive stance :/. For the record I meant those capable of doing so(by that I mean nothing standing in the way of having children) and what you listed are the bear necessities. Still I apologize if you took it as me lumping everyone together when that wasn't my intent.

Quick (serious) question to our girlgaffers:
Do you get offended when people say "there are no girls on the internet"?

Because I like to think I would get offended if the shoe were on the other foot.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Since Emitan seems to incapable of speaking for herself and always needs you for a mouth piece...

Cool then. Two birds one stone.

And you seem incapable of expressing your thoughts without being a huge bitch about it. Ems is a nice timid person and doesn't deserve to be treated like shit because you don't like her. /:

Because I like to think I would get offended if the shoe were on the other foot.

Never bothered me at all in hearing it. It's one of those silly things you know is not true, so who cares really.

We managed to secure a discussion that has gravitas on the real world and our personal lives and again, you [Idlethreats and Emitan] manage to muck up the discussion with the mentioning of video games endlessly. You bring up video games at least once a page. Please, please supply a valid reason for the relevance of video games in this thread again amid a discussion on procreation? I know I'm not the only one tired of you and others seemingly going off topic just to riddle this thread with more nerd shit. If you are keen to discuss games so much could you do it to the gaming side and leave this thread alone?

Thank you.
What. The video game talk is fine, this is a community thread after all. Is stereotypical girl/woman shit better than nerd shit?
You are gay, correct Femme? When you say "procreate," do you mean have in vitro? Talk to my like I'm stupid, because in this field I certainly am.
I'm a pre-transition transsexual (mtf). Theoretically I could have my sperm stored before I start hormones, which will most likely render me sterile. So yes, in vitro fertilisation. (Assuming I have a cis partner.)

Genetically yes, economically and socially no. Pick your poison.
True.
I'll drop it then and put her on ignore.
Simmer down, you're making me look like a nice person. Also the ignore function just draws more attention to the people you detest.

You appear to have taken a very aggressive stance :/. For the record I meant those capable of doing so(by that I mean nothing standing in the way of having children) and what you listed are the bear necessities. Still I apologize if you took it as me lumping everyone together when that wasn't my intent.

I'm also kind of surprised at how pretty much no one but Devo seem to want kids ever. They always seems like par for the course, though like Devo I don't want them for at least another decade. I don't think having kids precludes one from working, doing fun things or even study.

A bit, though its more annoying when people say there are no girls who are real gamers.

I'm also kind of surprised at how pretty much no one but Devo seem to want kids ever. They always seems like par for the course, though like Devo I don't want them for at least another decade. I don't think having kids precludes one from working, doing fun things or even study.

I want kids, will probably adopt.

Emitan

For a long time I didn't want kids at all but I am beginning to change my mind. Although I think a lot of that was me having no self worth or self esteem and assuming I would be the worst parent in the world. Although I do feel that I am not nearly mature enough to handle such a crazy involved task such as rearing children.

Kids are fun. My two year old shrieked at me for a few hours today while bouncing and flopping all over me and running in circles.

someone help me

ahaha. I imagine that would have been really cute for about 5 minutes.

My host brother was like that. It was fun up until the point where he pulled out his wooden trucks and started throwing them. I swear that boy is going to be a baseball star one day, all that arm strength.

To call anyone a real gamer kinda bothers me, honestly.

Me too. Its not a competition!

suzu

I wouldn't say having a kid is completely off the table for me, but it isn't something I want anytime soon. But I'm getting older too, so... meh.

I've never wanted kids, but I think part of that has to do with the fear of becoming like my mother. I just don't think I can mentally handle motherhood.

Also, I'm very much open to bumping the previous fashion thread. A few of my modcloth dresses came in and I'll be taking some pictures thursday or friday.

This was the previous thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437880

I don't know if any of ya'll do this, but I'm part of a clothing swap group. I was planning on selling some clothes on ebay this weekend, but before that, I will put some stuff up for swaps. If anyone else does clothing swaps heres some of the stuff I have for swaps. One is actually the same dress as Shan's but in houndstooth :)!
http://apricotcloset.tumblr.com/

Most of these things aren't items I've bought, but have received from previous swaps and didn't fit my body type :(

I've never wanted kids, but I think part of that has to do with the fear of becoming like my mother. I just don't think I can mentally handle motherhood.

Also, I'm very much open to bumping the previous fashion thread. A few of my modcloth dresses came in and I'll be taking some pictures thursday or friday.

This was the previous thread: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=437880

I don't know if any of ya'll do this, but I'm part of a clothing swap group. I was planning on selling some clothes on ebay this weekend, but before that, I will put some stuff up for swaps. If anyone else does clothing swaps heres some of the stuff I have for swaps. One is actually the same dress as Shan's but in houndstooth :)!
http://apricotcloset.tumblr.com/

Most of these things aren't items I've bought, but have received from previous swaps and didn't fit my body type :(

Holy shit I forgot I made that. Gimme shit to throw in the OP peoples.

apricot

It's really nice for me to see other people who don't want kids, because I certainly don't meet anyone like that in my everyday life. Though it's definitely interesting to see so many people here say they don't want them

A bit, though its more annoying when people say there are no girls who are real gamers.

*hand raise* Wanting kids over here. Not many other people seem to, though, and I have about 3 separate friends who want their parents to have honorary access to my future child/children as filler grandchildren. :D

And, you (or Devo!) should totally start a fresh Women's Fashion thread. I have a bunch of clothes that I can't tell if they're cool or really, really lame. I need help. :p

Im super excited about fantasy land. Next time I go, I'm eating at the beauty and the beast dance hall restaurant. Checked out that menu the day it was revealed, already excited. I'm already sort of planning a trip there for next christmas. Growing up, we used to go to disney world every year, up until my mid teens, I definitely miss it.

Top Bottom