• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

We should team up.

I go high, you go low? ;)

If this guy also pleases your eye, you should check out the series. I've seen a few episodes and it can be pretty entertaining (doesn't require much thought yet, but it's fun). They also know their audience and are not shy about showing off the male leads.

Lacrosse guys and werewolves is a surprisingly harmonious combination and perfect for a Sunday where I'm bruised and battered after a 7 hour run of sports yesterday. Abs, the best medicine for aches and pains.

I go high, you go low? ;)

If this guy also pleases your eye, you should check out the series. I've seen a few episodes and it can be pretty entertaining (doesn't require much thought yet, but it's fun). They also know their audience and are not shy about showing off the male leads.

Lacrosse guys and werewolves is a surprisingly harmonious combination and perfect for a Sunday where I'm bruised and battered after a 7 hour run of sports yesterday. Abs, the best medicine for aches and pains.
Not sure what you're suggesting there but whateva I'm in.

And just checked and I can watch... uh, two seasons in Spanish. Not bad.

Not sure what you're suggesting there but whateva I'm in.

And just checked and I can watch... uh, two seasons in Spanish. Not bad.

"High and low" for tackling. Football lingo. It also sounds vaguely like an innuendo, so I went for it. :)

Cool that you found it. Give it a go and you will get your fill of shirtless Derek, and other fine young men.

One of the guys on the show "Jackson" is also apparently going to play Roy Harper on Green Arrow (the TV series). He's absolutely perfect for that part.

"High and low" for tackling. Football lingo. It also sounds vaguely like an innuendo, so I went for it. :)

Cool that you found it. Give it a go and you will get your fill of shirtless Derek, and other fine young men.

One of the guys on the show "Jackson" is also apparently going to play Roy Harper on Green Arrow (the TV series). He's absolutely perfect for that part.
Whatever the case, I'm sure it'd slow him down.

And now you bring up Arrow. I'm sensing a pattern here.

So this guy I haven't seen in ten years keeps asking where I am when he goes to church. He comes now and he really want to see me. This doesn't add up because men don't act that way unless they're interested in you. Do you think he's interested in me?

Either that or he really thinks you need to save your soul.

GungHo

Single-handedly caused Exxon-Mobil to sue FOX, start World War 3
So this guy I haven't seen in ten years keeps asking where I am when he goes to church. He comes now and he really want to see me. This doesn't add up because men don't act that way unless they're interested in you. Do you think he's interested in me?

Is he currently on the rebound or having some other crisis?

I believe EviLore and co. made it clear that wouldn't be possible a few pages back. ;)
Well I can't argue that without anecdotal evidence.

And I don't have a thousand fights to back it up anyways.

What was your relationship back before he left?

Only like an eighth in but I'm already recommending this read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlash:_The_Undeclared_War_Against_American_Women

It's a big look into the "studies" and bullshit profiteered by the government and media during the eighties to scare women out of the workforce, not divorcing and into marriage/baby making early.

And by "studies" I mean shit with no data, made up data, small as fuck representative samples and premises taken out of context. So far it paints a very vivid picture of why gains have stalled since the late 70s.

It also has a background on how/when the government/job force couldn't stem the tide of women in they made sure to put them in menial shit jobs with shit pay. And the various discrimination put forth to create a second class of citizenship for women.

Platy

wich reminds me

uMZVUuz.jpg

Leeness

Just did hot yoga. Or partially hot. 30 degrees instead of 40.

Feels so niiiiiice.

Also, lots of young strapping men with their shirts off, dripping sweat and doing deep lunges.

That was nice too.

Anastasia

Only like an eighth in but I'm already recommending this read:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Backlash:_The_Undeclared_War_Against_American_Women

It's a big look into the "studies" and bullshit profiteered by the government and media during the eighties to scare women out of the workforce, not divorcing and into marriage/baby making early.

And by "studies" I mean shit with no data, made up data, small as fuck representative samples and premises taken out of context. So far it paints a very vivid picture of why gains have stalled since the late 70s.

It also has a background on how/when the government/job force couldn't stem the tide of women in they made sure to put them in menial shit jobs with shit pay. And the various discrimination put forth to create a second class of citizenship for women.

I recently finished a project on the glass ceiling and discrimination in the workplace, and how it has affected women in the United States; particularly in today's world. It was an eye opening experience finding out just how low the ceiling is, and that despite there being more and more women in the workplace, the most sought after job positions going to women, and the representation of women at the top, is still very low. I knew before about the inequality that exists, but until I started doing a lot of research into it I had no idea as to how bad it really is. I think most people would be shocked as well. All the sexism and discrimination is ironic too, because one of the things that became clear is that employing more women, especially at the top, can dramatically improve the financial success of a company:

http://www.catalyst.org/media/companies-more-women-board-directors-experience-higher-financial-performance-according-latest

And McKinsey says the same thing:

http://www.mckinsey.com/features/women_matter

I just hope more companies will begin to realize the value of women, and allow them to reach their true potential. At the moment, you have to be very careful about how you start off in a company, because that can seal your fate so to speak. I think the upward trend won't be very great within the next 10 years, but I imagine that things will be much better a few decades from now. One of the problems is that it is not just a male oriented workplace that is trying to hold onto their high-paying jobs, but a general culture of sexism and discrimination against women that feeds into the workplace; I don't think there is going to be real, long-lasting change until that goes away.

Al-ibn Kermit

He's either horny or born-again horny, it's hard to tell.

I'm not DTF with sweaty ball smell. The only guys I ever see at yoga are old hippy dreadlock guys who don't shower.
I know it's not what you were talking about, but sweat doesn't have to be a turnoff. In fact I believe a hot dude sweating after doing some exercise is unbelievably hot.

That's without even mentioning the obvious when you make then that sweaty.

I just hope more companies will begin to realize the value of women, and allow them to reach their true potential. At the moment, you have to be very careful about how you start off in a company, because that can seal your fate so to speak. I think the upward trend won't be very great within the next 10 years, but I imagine that things will be much better a few decades from now. One of the problems is that it is not just a male oriented workplace that is trying to hold onto their high-paying jobs, but a general culture of sexism and discrimination against women that feeds into the workplace; I don't think there is going to be real, long-lasting change until that goes away.

Systemic and institutional discrimination against women will continue to pervade, even in progressive and more equal-opportunity "meritocracies" because of the common standard of valuing experience over potential. And, so long as women (and minorities, and the handicapped/disabled/whatever term is appropriate, sorry I've lost track) do not have the same opportunity of experience, they will never have the same opportunity of advancement.

And, the whole childbirth thing - all other circumstances being equal, women who are out of the workforce for months or years at a time to birth and care for children will fall behind in the changing face of how work is done (software programs and other tech change every year, for example). I would expect this would apply less so in the US, what with your six-weeks-and-back-to-work laws, which (correct me if I'm wrong) I understand are still in place...

That's not to say we should accept the current situation - we shouldn't - but, rather than expressing anger at the system we should find other "from the inside" solutions that may be more effective - networking, mentorship, etc. And, I think a lot of women are already going this route.

Narolf

Banned
As much as I found it funny myself, it obliterates the fact the prince was a parochial scum before getting cursed for it. He is his own villain.

I know it's not what you were talking about, but sweat doesn't have to be a turnoff. In fact I believe a hot dude sweating after doing some exercise is unbelievably hot.

That's without even mentioning the obvious when you make then that sweaty.

Depending on pheromones and stuff sweat can also smell really good. Its like their scent, concentrated.

Unrelated but, relationship girl gaf... What's your favorite type of snuggle? I love being baby spoon. Nothing makes name feel more relaxed and accepted than being wrapped in his arms from behind with his breath on the back of my neck.

He's not here right now and I'm missing dem snugs which has got me thinking about it.

Also when he runs his hands over my butt when we're laying down to go to sleep. It makes me feel like a baby. Relaxing. :(

Weird?

I love snuggles >< There's one that is great but I can't find a decent picture for it. We kinda lay facing each other with our legs curled up, but he's lower than me so he can rest his face down in my chest. I don't know, there's something very intimate about it.

I can't really stand being rubbed anywhere but my head if I'm trying to sleep though. I'm incredibly sensitive so it just feels like tickling. Its nice but it makes me quite awake.

I dunno. What does ANY celebrity, from A-list to Z-list, offer people for following their pages?

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

I feel like girls like that who pose with controllers and shit are really perpetuating the awful 'girl gamer' stereotype. As it turns out, lots of girls play games! Its really not that amazing.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Just did hot yoga. Or partially hot. 30 degrees instead of 40.

Feels so niiiiiice.

Also, lots of young strapping men with their shirts off, dripping sweat and doing deep lunges.

That was nice too.

I did it for 18-days straight during the holidays - was a pretty nice workout, but all the "woo" that seems to be associated with the practice of it kind of turns me off, rather just stick with doing karate which has far less "pseudo-science" associated with it.;p

I always found odd how they take pics with normal controllers rather than something more obvious, like the Wii's.

Hm, also been thinking about replacing good ol' Tira with Harley Quinn

Zoe

I did it for 18-days straight during the holidays - was a pretty nice workout, but all the "woo" that seems to be associated with the practice of it kind of turns me off, rather just stick with doing karate which has far less "pseudo-science" associated with it.;p
"woo"?

I refuse to do hot yoga. Love normal yoga though.

Depending on pheromones and stuff sweat can also smell really good. Its like their scent, concentrated.

I love snuggles >< There's one that is great but I can't find a decent picture for it. We kinda lay facing each other with our legs curled up, but he's lower than me so he can rest his face down in my chest. I don't know, there's something very intimate about it.

I can't really stand being rubbed anywhere but my head if I'm trying to sleep though. I'm incredibly sensitive so it just feels like tickling. Its nice but it makes me quite awake.

Doesn't make it any less annoying.

I feel like girls like that who pose with controllers and shit are really perpetuating the awful 'girl gamer' stereotype. As it turns out, lots of girls play games! Its really not that amazing.

lol GameCrush did more of that than anything. Oh and there are some streams too where the girls just put their tits in cam while they stream a game.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
But what pseudo-science?
Awww, probably a late response but a combination of unsubstinated claims for some of the poses (eg this pose will boost your immune system) the stuff they peddle eg supplements and natural medicine on the front counter, that and I skimmed the book by the creator Bikram Choudhury.. and there was way too much cringe-worthy stuff from my brief overview of it (like the claim I read that children would be better off with yoga training than vaccinations wut?) in addition to that, the entire culture behind it at my center seems to attract all those woo-types and it even advertises it on the notice board, so eh, I've got really low tolerance for that kind of stuff, so I might come off as being a overdramatic here.;p

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Bikram is only one kind of yoga. They're not all like that.
Wasn't really making that assumption, but my bad if it came off that way. and I'm pretty sure Bikram Yoga is the only type that is done in a heated room afaik. (which is the one I assume Leeness did)

Leeness

Wasn't really making that assumption, but my bad if it came off that way. and I'm pretty sure Bikram Yoga is the only type that is done in a heated room afaik. (which is the one I assume Leeness did)

Not at Bikram actually! :) Other little place around here.

Did the actual 40 degrees one today. First time and it was apparently way more humid than normal, so I got a bit dizzy. But I'm gonna keep going :D it really is refreshing.

It'll probably be a once a week or every two weeks type thing.

</adventures in hot yoga>

Top Bottom