• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

You can't just say that and leave me hanging!! Where is this gif!?!

tumblr_m7hnib9vjz1qlfmjx.gif

tumblr_m7hni0vY6b1qlfmjx.gif

Sorry, was on the phone

Waxing your whole face seems pointless. We have hair on our face. It's called being an adult. If it's thick and obtrusive go ahead and wax it. If it's thin and barely noticeable except to someone who's basically breathing on you I don't see the point.

How does one wax one's face without ending up with puffy, bruised upper lip skin? :/ I think I'd end up with a red and blue mustache after something like that (even though I imagine face wax is more gentle).

I used to bleach mine (as it was pretty fine/not much there anyway), but an ex once broached a conversation with, "If there was one thing you could change about me, what would it be?" to serve as his vehicle for "I would have you get rid of all facial hair there because I can still kind of see it in the light at a certain angle" and it messed me up a bit and made me super self-conscious. Now I lotion it off, but it was never obtrusive or even dark. Felt bad, man.

tumblr_m7hnib9vjz1qlfmjx.gif

tumblr_m7hni0vY6b1qlfmjx.gif

Sorry, was on the phone

Goooooood morning. Goes so nicely with coffee.

Zoe

How does one wax one's face without ending up with puffy, bruised upper lip skin? :/ I think I'd end up with a red and blue mustache after something like that (even though I imagine face wax is more gentle).

I've never gotten bruised with eyebrow or lip waxes. The skin just gets irritated.

I used to bleach mine (as it was pretty fine/not much there anyway), but an ex once broached a conversation with, "If there was one thing you could change about me, what would it be?" to serve as his vehicle for "I would have you get rid of all facial hair there because I can still kind of see it in the light at a certain angle" and it messed me up a bit and made me super self-conscious. Now I lotion it off, but it was never obtrusive or even dark. Felt bad, man..

That boyfriend sounds like a total fuckin' douche.

Platy

I used to bleach mine (as it was pretty fine/not much there anyway), but an ex once broached a conversation with, "If there was one thing you could change about me, what would it be?" to serve as his vehicle for "I would have you get rid of all facial hair there because I can still kind of see it in the light at a certain angle" and it messed me up a bit and made me super self-conscious. Now I lotion it off, but it was never obtrusive or even dark. Felt bad, man.

I had a boyfriend dysphoria that was like that too

Kisaya

I've gotten that too :'/ It's the worst.

I've never gotten bruised with eyebrow or lip waxes. The skin just gets irritated.

Good to know. My face is super sensitive and puffs up even at a strong touch sometimes, so I could imagine it ending in tragedy, but maybe it is gentle enough (if I ever go that route).

That boyfriend sounds like a total fuckin' douche.

Overall he was generally fine, but that moment really stuck with me. It was even more incredibly douchey considering I had responded to his question just prior with, "Nah, you're an all right guy. I like you as you are." Was a bit of a shocker for me.

I had a boyfriend dysphoria that was like that too

:(

I've gotten that too :'/ It's the worst.

It's like a dagger digging at every insecurity you've ever had, right? It's impossible to attain or hold this hairless, flawless perfection that some guys seem to have. Messes you up a bit inside even when you know it's stupid.

Overall he was generally fine, but that moment really stuck with me. It was even more incredibly douchey considering I had responded to his question just prior with, "Nah, you're an all right guy. I like you as you are." Was a bit of a shocker for me.
Next time, have him answer first and if he's rude, reply with a "yeah? well I wish your dick wasn't half your brother's"

And here, let's get all dirty
chris-hemsworth-port.jpg

Zoe

Good to know. My face is super sensitive and puffs up even at a strong touch sometimes, so I could imagine it ending in tragedy, but maybe it is gentle enough (if I ever go that route).

Maybe try threading then? I haven't done it personally, but I've heard that it's even more gentle.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
It's like a dagger digging at every insecurity you've ever had, right? It's impossible to attain or hold this hairless, flawless perfection that some guys seem to have. Messes you up a bit inside even when you know it's stupid.

Ugh, I know what you mean. I'm ridiculously self-conscious about stuff like that. Usually all it takes is for someone to point something out, not even criticising or anything. I have this big freckle on the end of my nose that is a really dark brown... and one time someone mistook it for a BUG BITE of all things. Welp, since then I always put concealer on it :(

As for the lovely subject of hair removal... well, despite the shitty birth control pill I'm on one thing it has done exceptionally well is to make all that peach fuzzy hair on the face/upper lip disappear and thinned the arm and leg hair almost to nothing.

However my eyebrows have still retained their status as so thick and forest-like that they could probably support their own ecosystem. Gross, but it's the truth! I blame the genes from my dad.

So I got a brow wax a total of one single time before realizing that I'd have to wait for them to grow back in a bit before I could wax them again. For me that's a no go as my skin is paper white and my eyebrow hairs are thick and black. So I turned to plucking them and never looked back. The first time hurts like HELL and takes forever. But I powered through it. Every morning I grab the few stragglers that have come in overnight, and with my Tweezerman tweezers I can get to even the shortest little stubs of hair. If I ever lost those tweezers I'd probably have a breakdown. They are amazing.

And if you have a tumblr account, don't forget this movie also has Loki

Thor is fiiiiiiine as hell. Total hunk. But I gotta be honest, I'm team Loki. I always rep the villain, that's just how it's always been for me. I think it contributed to my love of Russian accents on dudes...

And if you have a tumblr account, don't forget this movie also has Loki

I remember talking about how excited I was about seeing avengers again when it came out(on dvd) to a group of friends and this one girl looked at me and said "I bet you only like it because of the actor who plays Loki". It was such a shut down moment, like 'don't even both bringing it up because there's no way you could be an actual marvel fan' :(

...The actor for Loki isn't even that great. Not enough muscle :p

...The actor for Loki isn't even that great. Not enough muscle :p

I mean, it's not even that the guy isn't attractive. But just, walking alongside Thor? No one looks good in comparison. He was the best actor, however.

Thor is big enough for three people but not overmuscled to the point of unattractiveness.

I mean, it's not even that the guy isn't attractive. But just, walking alongside Thor? No one looks good in comparison. He was the best actor, however.

Thor is big enough for three people but not overmuscled to the point of unattractiveness.

I'm not that much into loki either but I have to say:
loki>thor

I have to admit I'm kind of partial to Banner, oddly enough. Thor and Capt are definitely very nice though, its a hard choice I can't make.

I'm not that much into loki either but I have to say:
loki>thor
I sure hope that's just talking about the helmets and the size of the weapons.

I have to admit I'm kind of partial to Banner, oddly enough. Thor and Capt are definitely very nice though, its a hard choice I can't make.
It's different sorts of attractive.

Hemsworth is more of an "oh god he'd bring the animal in me and I sure hope I can do the same" type of attractive, while Banner is more "just handsome", not sure if I'm making sense.

That said, I'll agree Ruffalo was better than I expected. Not just in the sense of attractive, either. Other than Hawkeye all the Avengers were pretty damn nice however.

The winner's choice is both.

Kisaya

Yeah, it's something that I've been hating about myself for years. The last time it happened was a little before the summer with my parents, and I just started to cry because during that time I was going through the worst I've ever been with my insecurities. What sucked more was that day I was getting ready to go out with people, and the fact that they pointed out something that I don't want others to notice just made me not want to leave my house at all.

When I look back though it's kinda funny, cause I made such a scene and made my parents feel terrible. >.<;

Platy

Is this the new Superman ?

Or ... bearded buffed Eric Bana ? xD

It's different sorts of attractive.

Hemsworth is more of an "oh god he'd bring the animal in me and I sure hope I can do the same" type of attractive, while Banner is more "just handsome", not sure if I'm making sense.

Thor for "fuck my brains out" and Tony Stark for "Marry me"

Banner can be a pet

Tony Stark would probably get too drunk on your honeymoon to consummate the marriage then fly off where ever because someone is in trouble. No thanks.

Platy

EXACTLY Devo !
...this is when I call Thor for the Honeymoon xD

But Tony is funny,inteligent, knows Galaga and has a Black Sabbath shirt with a Triforce =x

and ... well ... I like to drink xD

Platy

The Flash is the only super hero worth marrying.

And Aqua Man. He can take you on dates under the ocean and shit.

Wait, I would totally fuck and marry Wonder Woman. She can take me to the Amazoness place and train me to be an assassin as we have hot passionate lesbian sex. Fuck yes.

You would probably explode with the pressure

Top Bottom