• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Samara

You can't "fix" her by telling her to eat good again. It may just be stress or something else. Be supportive but dont tell her what to do in order to get better other than getting help. And if you don't feel like this is a relationship...let her go perhaps.

-GJ-

You can't "fix" her by telling her to eat good again. It may just be stress or something else. Be supportive but dont tell her what to do in order to get better other than getting help. And if you don't feel like this is a relationship...let her go perhaps.
I know, but when she's sad she says things like "I don't have a reason to get out of bed" or "I don't like to go out alone", and when I suggest things that might help her, or if I try to give her a reason to get out of bed or whatever she knocks me down. And I don't think I can let her go. There's a lot of things I didn't put in the post above because they are way too personal, but there's more involved than just that post. I'm not the kind of person to drop her after she told me all of her personal issues. I'm not telling her to do things, but I am trying to get her out of the house.

I know, but when she's sad she says things like "I don't have a reason to get out of bed" or "I don't like to go out alone", and when I suggest things that might help her, or if I try to give her a reason to get out of bed or whatever she knocks me down. And I don't think I can let her go. There's a lot of things I didn't put in the post above because they are way too personal, but there's more involved than just that post. I'm not the kind of person to drop her after she told me all of her personal issues. I'm not telling her to do things, but I am trying to get her out of the house.

She says she's not ready and can't open up just yet. Just respect that. Maybe she finds comfort in your friendship and kind words; when she's ready she'll probably let you know. As for her other issues, just continue being that outlet that she feels comfortable enough to unload anxiety/stress & express her thoughts. You're being a good friend.

-GJ-

She says she's not ready and can't open up just yet. Just respect that. Maybe she finds comfort in your friendship and kind words; when she's ready she'll probably let you know. As for her other issues, just continue being that outlet that she feels comfortable enough to unload anxiety/stress & express her thoughts. You're being a good friend.

Thanks. This actually helps me a lot. I just hate that I can't do anything else than just give her comfort.

I deleted the original post because I'm not really comfortable with all that info on the internet, but if anyone wants to read it, just DM me :).

Random suggestion, but I had such a great time that I feel compelled to recommend it.

Went to a "Wine, Cheese, and Paint" workshop yesterday. Basically they supply the art stuff, a teacher to walk you through the process and some wine, and then you try to recreate a famous painting.

This sort of drink and draw or wine and paint type class seems to be gaining popularity (as I heard about it a few times prior) and for good reason. Great way to spend a night, ladies. Much easier to find in big cities, but even my sister's podunk town had one, so look it up!

My bathroom also looks way sexy with the new arts too. ;)

Random suggestion, but I had such a great time that I feel compelled to recommend it.

Went to a "Wine, Cheese, and Paint" workshop yesterday. Basically they supply the art stuff, a teacher to walk you through the process and some wine, and then you try to recreate a famous painting.

This sort of drink and draw or wine and paint type class seems to be gaining popularity (as I heard about it a few times prior) and for good reason. Great way to spend a night, ladies. Much easier to find in big cities, but even my sister's podunk town had one, so look it up!

My bathroom also looks way sexy with the new arts too. ;)

Sounds really interesting, but also really dangerous ("here, significant other: look what I painted after three glasses of wine! It's for you!")

Sounds really interesting, but also really dangerous ("here, significant other: look what I painted after three glasses of wine! It's for you!")

Haha. They only allotted us two glasses of wine each, so the flowers remained flowers despite all the cheese and red. It was just a very chill session of learning the bare bones of painting and trying to copy. AND, the arts still came out halfway decent (well, like, water closet decent). I'm sure any real painter would cringe, but it was nice to stretch the creative muscle for a change. ^_^

Guh, why did I sign up for a 5k? I'm two weeks out and my time is so bad I don't even want to post it.

Haha. I'm impressed. While I feel like a could 'survive' a 5k run, my time would be the least of my worries. Don't worry about the speed, but more the fact that you're getting up and doing it. That's certainly more than the rest of us!

Guh, why did I sign up for a 5k? I'm two weeks out and my time is so bad I don't even want to post it.

Haha. I'm impressed. While I feel like a could 'survive' a 5k run, my time would be the least of my worries. Don't worry about the speed, but more the fact that you're getting up and doing it. That's certainly more than the rest of us!

Speaking of that, I want to do the Conquer the Bridge run.

Seems like torturous self abuse er, I mean fun.

I don't know why but my first concern was of possible cheese contamination in the paint and on the painting.

Wine makes a great paint thinner. :D

Cheesy painting. Could be a new thing.

"Here honey! I've made a painting for you"

"Uh, what's that smell?"

"Cheese!"

Aaaand cheese makes for great texture on the canvas!

My boyfriend seems entirely put off by the wine paint cheese thing. I think it sounds like fun on a bun. Oh well I think I'd rather do something like that with a girl friend anyway.

Really? There were tons of couples there. Everyone was really pretty stylish looking and well washed! Much fun was had. Do it.

I tried out a hiphop dance class on the weekend. I think I'm going to take it up. :)

Yay! I wish more people tried dance classes, you never know how much you can enjoy it unless you try it out. Though to me (ball change) hip hop dance class (ball change) is very erratic (ball change, stomp), but I thoroughly enjoy social/partner dancing :)

My boyfriend seems entirely put off by the wine paint cheese thing. I think it sounds like fun on a bun. Oh well I think I'd rather do something like that with a girl friend anyway.

He imagines its a bunch of smelly hippie chicks painting and talking about vaginas and vagina empowerment.

He has really odd notions about things. Hippie chicks wouldn't pay to do this, they'd already have the set up.

Samara

Yay! I wish more people tried dance classes, you never know how much you can enjoy it unless you try it out. Though to me (ball change) hip hop dance class (ball change) is very erratic (ball change, stomp), but I thoroughly enjoy social/partner dancing :)

Dancing is my favorite hobbies nowadays. Nothing like dancing to a song you like to liven up the day.

Hip Hop dancing seems the most difficult tho. Crazy legs switches and Im like what?!? Waltz Id like to...just for the flowy dresses O_O

Ended my marriage yesterday....

Without getting into details, it needed to happen, was inevitable and for the best. But the pain of it has really set in this morning and it's very hard to push the happy little things out of my mind.

Stridone

Banned

Without getting into details, it needed to happen, was inevitable and for the best. But the pain of it has really set in this morning and it's very hard to push the happy little things out of my mind.

One of the worst feelings in the world. I broke up with my gf of over 2 years yesterday, it was necessary but that hardly eases the pain.

Kisaya

I need some new bras soon but they're expensive.

Get them anyway, they're a good investment
emoticon-00157-sun.gif

Lissar

Reluctant Member

Late to this, but I'm sorry to hear that. :< It will take time, but eventually you'll be a better person for it.

A good bra isn't just an investment in perky twins, it's an investment in your spinal health. Worth every extra penny.

Or, if you're not willing to spend, there's lots of discount bra places online that sell the real thing at half the price. (others sell fakes, but there is real stuff to be had out there for cheap).

Zoe

I really need to find some good sports bras. These Target brand ones just don't have much support even if they are comfortable.

Samara

meh Ive lost so much weight that I dont even bother buyin new ones. Like the cup is half full, and Im not kidding.So I just use that racerback thingy. Which work pretty well actually and saves money too. lol Im so cheap :(

Top Bottom