• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Yeah my parents are basically just waiting it out at this point. Seeing how close the foxes come made me want to get them in soon. My parents backyard is just wildlife heaven. All kinds of birds (including turkeys) have been back there, racoons, our cats, and this spring foxes started showing up. I guess it's because my parents have fresh water and food while everything else is just drying up.

This sounds really cool actually, unless it's dangerous. It makes me realise how much I miss that kind of thing. I grew up in a national park, so I'd often get snakes, possums, birds, roos and even huge stags outside my window. Now I don't even have a backyard :(

I'm sure the kittens will be alright. If they're too fast for you to catch they'll probably be too fast for the foxes. (Do foxes eat cats? They aren't much bigger).

Anastasia

If I saw a bear here, I'd go "Nope" and try and get back inside.

Or if I was inside, I'd close the door.

There was a bear outside my house a few days ago; just strolling around. It was a small black bear. I quickly went back inside the house. :p

I live on a mountain though, in an area where the wildlife is protected, so I guess this sort of thing is par for the course.

Riggs

Banned
Bears!? o_O gah.

I'll admit I didn't expect to see you again :p Enjoying being back?

lol, not really. But granted I am drunk, and that probably has something to do with my appreciation level of gaf. Based on solid research and statistics, perma ban is likely to be implemented within 63 days or less.

P.S. I think I saw you on twitter <3<3

lexi

Banned
lol, not really. But granted I am drunk, and that probably has something to do with my appreciation level of gaf. Based on solid research and statistics, perma ban is likely to be implemented within 63 days or less.

P.S. I think I saw you on twitter <3<3

Coulda sworn you were perma'ed last time. Glad to see that's not the case.

soepje

We have wild boars, does that count?

There are so many types of animals that are native to the Netherlands. The list includes animals such as bats, hares, rodents, birds, weasels and even toed ungulates like wild boar, elk and roe deer.

Living the dangerous life overhere. I´m surprised i´ve lived to tell the tale this far.

Pau

Hey y'all, haven't been here for a little bit! Been so absorbed in Last of Us! :D

How are you all?
Been better. Got diagnosed with thyroid cancer. :/ Gals, get your necks checked for nodules regularly!

I went shopping today for pjs that were button down for wearing after the surgery and they're impossible to find. What the hell.

soepje

Been better. Got diagnosed with thyroid cancer. :/ Gals, get your necks checked for nodules regularly!

I went shopping today for pjs that were button down for wearing after the surgery and they're impossible to find. What the hell.

Wow, that does suck :/! We don´t really know eachother, but i wish you all the best for the surgery. You can beat this, get well soon girl!

Leeness

Girl :( Good luck with surgery <3

Button down pj tops or bottoms? Or both? I thought I've seen them in like walmarts around here but I'm guessing you've tried that. :(

Pau

Thanks everyone. :) I'll be sure to pop in as soon as I can and let you all know how it goes.

I actually have not tried Walmart since there isn't really one close by. :O It really does seem to be a seasonal thing though. Unless it's for old ladies or nowhere near my size. But I managed to find a nice button down shirt that will be comfortable enough to sleep in. The doctors just suggested wearing them for the first day or two. I honestly don't know what to expect as far as limited movement and pain goes.

And Fiction, I will be sure to never buy you a button down pj shirt as a present. ;)

GL Pau.

So I'm trying to get myself to sew more since I'm pretty bad at it. The holes get patched, and sometimes I'm really good about how I do it, hide it in a seam but when it comes to freehanding something I can't fold into a seam, shit.

Best wishes Pau ^ ^

So I'm trying to get myself to sew more since I'm pretty bad at it. The holes get patched, and sometimes I'm really good about how I do it, hide it in a seam but when it comes to freehanding something I can't fold into a seam, shit.

I'm currently working on a crystal maiden cosplay for pax and while it's coming along alright it's really straining me physically and mentally. The combination of being left handed and having a slight tremor does not make for a good seamstress. I had to call my mother in to thread the needle for me yesterday because I just couldn't steady my hands enough :(

leadbelly

Banned
I don't know Pau that well, but it is horrible to hear someone so young having to go through something like that.

I hope you make a full recovery.

hi girlgaf T__T

first post ever since I changed job and job's email and they wouldn't reapprove my posting privileges for nearly a year

*latches on to thread*

glad to hear pau's recovering well. hope all the best !

oni_saru

Glad to hear Pau's doing well!!

I never had the patience for sewing. :( I do it only when i need to and even then eventually it starts looking like crap because I lose patience and try to rush it.

So my sis just informed me that she may have gotten drugged once. :( She's not sure if it was her friend who did it or if it was someone else. Basically her friend brought her a drink saying he got it for free. Luckily my cousin was there the whole time to watch her and make sure nothing happened to her. Still this is really upsetting to find out.

I am terrible at sewing. It's a curse. I once made a quilt, and it's still mostly together five years later, which I am excited about. But yeah, I can sorta freehand the kids stuffed animals when they get holes, but I end up redoing them somewhere down the line :/

I can weave chainmail like a PRO though. :p

I recently sewed some pockets up a bit on some jeans shorts of TDs so they weren't just hanging below the fabric. Hate that look.

I can fix broken linings in pockets, but the extent of my sewing reaches only to those places that are not seen.

On another note, gotta love having spare shoes in the car. I rushed out of the house only with my house sandals this morning XD

I once sewed a curtain to cover a closet with some found fabric and a shoelace. It was great.

It was also something I threw away upon leaving residence, but nonetheless...

Wishes and luckes to Pau!

Swedish-trivia: In highschool, we had to take part of both a woodworking & sewing class. No heterenormative enforcement here.
I actually made a lamp, in the woodworking class, and sewed together a lamp cover in the sewing class.

Ta, I kinda wish I kept it - it was actually a pretty nice lamp.
Donated it to the school, so it might very well still be there in some teacher's lounge or office - gently illuminating stacks of papers in need of grading.

Anyway, I'm not that handy nowadays. Gotta keep practicing or you lose out on all those neat little skills :(
Would definitely like to take up knitting in the future, it seems like a pretty relaxing hobby.

Karkador

Banned
I have to vent a little while it's still fresh on my mind:

Pau and I watched "The Invisible War" tonight. Fuck this earth. D:

Yeah, I know...maybe not the best post-recovery thing for her to watch, in hindsight.

I think I recall someone on GAF saying it was a hard watch. They were not mistaken.
God damn. I'm just sitting up tonight kind of upset at everything presented and not really being able to fall asleep.

Yeah, I know...maybe not the best post-recovery thing for her to watch, in hindsight.

I think I recall someone on GAF saying it was a hard watch. They were not mistaken.
God damn. I'm just sitting up tonight kind of upset at everything presented and not really being able to fall asleep.

I am still keeping that one in my Netflix queue until I can handle it mentally. I know the arguments and research. I cannot bear to put faces to that.

Nudull

Banned

I've been wanting to get it on dvd, but my budget's been through the ringer, lately. lt's going to hurt when I do watch it, though.

Wishes and luckes to Pau!

Swedish-trivia: In highschool, we had to take part of both a woodworking & sewing class. No heterenormative enforcement here.
I actually made a lamp, in the woodworking class, and sewed together a lamp cover in the sewing class.

aww man, that's awesome! We also had to do both, but there was no cross over assignment. I made some winter pajamas and a wooden aeroplane movable wheels! making the lamp would involve some electricity stuff too, presumably?

Pau

Hullo everyone. Thanks for all the kind words and support. :3 I've been basically bumming around in bed and taking lots of naps and medication. I'm glad there were no complications, but man my body is tired.

I am still keeping that one in my Netflix queue until I can handle it mentally. I know the arguments and research. I cannot bear to put faces to that.
Is it weird that it was the most upsetting to see the faces of those in the military who were just utterly inept at their job at best and completely fucking bastards at worst?

I've been wanting to get it on dvd, but my budget's been through the ringer, lately. lt's going to hurt when I do watch it, though.
It's streaming on Netflix if you have that. :(

Top Bottom