• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

derdriu

Ugh, that is the reason I really prefer working on men teams..girls like her cause drama and crap..you can't even say anything because that would just cause more drama and it makes you look like the bad guy. HATE HATE HATE THAT CRAP.

All I can say is that sucks :/

Thank you Tash, and that's exactly it, if I do or say anything I''ll be the freak in the office. And I found out about the sock thing. Its slipper she ment, calling him 'tøfle' . It's some Norwegian slang for lacky or something. If there is a Norwegian here please correct me, I'm still (very slowly) learning your language
I still have a full work week to get through and my plan is to change my screen position and have my headphones on all week. See no evil, hear no evil.
On the plus side I just bought Fire Emblem: Awakening and a bottle of red wine, I'm happier now than I was this morn.

Samara

I need eyebrow tutorials.

I'm getting real tired of tweezing .___.

Any pointers or guides out there?

use concealer. better to cover it than wait a month for a regrowth.
eyebrow.jpg

Thank you Tash, and that's exactly it, if I do or say anything I''ll be the freak in the office. And I found out about the sock thing. Its slipper she ment, calling him 'tøfle' . It's some Norwegian slang for lacky or something. If there is a Norwegian here please correct me, I'm still (very slowly) learning your language
I still have a full work week to get through and my plan is to change my screen position and have my headphones on all week. See no evil, hear no evil.
On the plus side I just bought Fire Emblem: Awakening and a bottle of red wine, I'm happier now than I was this morn.

She's playing with fire. Your instinct to just steer clear of this lawsuit-waiting-to-happen is a good one.

meow

I need eyebrow tutorials.

I'm getting real tired of tweezing .___.

Any pointers or guides out there?

I used to follow something that was basically this guide. I got tired of tweezing too so now I use a tool called a flamingo razor. They're super easy and fast, though since you're shaving, you have to do it more often.

Tash

OH, I am learning Norwegian, too. Do you live in Norway as well?

use concealer. better to cover it than wait a month for a regrowth.
eyebrow.jpg

Wait, what? Cover the hairs that you would want to tweeze instead of tweezing?
Also, those eyebrows are amazing.

derdriu

OH, I am learning Norwegian, too. Do you live in Norway as well?

!! yeah I live in Norway. Ah Norway, I still don't get the love they have for Grandiosa frozen pizza and pølse here.
I work in Oslo but live slightly outside. Trying to get through 'På Vei' to get my Norwegian on but I seem to keep repeating the same chapters.
Any tips please pass them on :)

Have you been in Norway long?

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Those eyebrows are a bit too drawn on and unnatural looking for my liking. I think they can make you look quite harsh especially if you've got less feminine features to begin with like this girl I know from uni. I don't do my eyebrows much but I've got a nice-ish shape naturally plus I don't have to because my fringe covers them mostly. When I do them I do them like this video, but use a bit lighter colour so they look natural.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tPTl4ZcPqCw

Tash

!! yeah I live in Norway. Ah Norway, I still don't get the love they have for Grandiosa frozen pizza and pølse here.
I work in Oslo but live slightly outside. Trying to get through 'På Vei' to get my Norwegian on but I seem to keep repeating the same chapters.
Any tips please pass them on :)

Have you been in Norway long?

I know! Grandiosa is not even a real pizza! I don't mind their love for tex-mex, though :p

I went to Evening School for foreigners and I am pretty fluent at least talking. Writing, that's another topic ;)
Went through På Vei and Stein på Stein during that time. Do you attend any evening classes?

I had a big advantage though since I talk quite a few other languages so learning Norwegian was pretty easy and everyone at work talked Norwegian from the start (which was super tough but it helped a lot).

I am in Oslo for work every now and then for meetings but I work in Tønsberg (and live in Holmestrand). I'll let you know, maybe we can go for coffee or lunch or so :D
Been here for a bit over 2 years now since my boyfriend is Norwegian.

derdriu

. Do you attend any evening classes?

...... maybe we can go for coffee or lunch or so :D
Been here for a bit over 2 years now since my boyfriend is Norwegian.

I used to but had to stop for work, but I have like 100hours and change left, tried to apply to get in the classes for August but they were already full up. Next wave is in Feb.
And deal! would love to meet a fellow gaffer. PM me whenever your planning to come to town. More quirks of Norwegians must be discussed :)

iirate

Does anyone have experience with getting extremely calloused feet back into a more "normal" condition? My feet built up rather large callouses from years of martial arts as a kid, and even after stopping all of that, they've been maintained, probably due to the amount of time I spend on my feet(I don't drive and thus walk everywhere and I'm constantly on my feet at work).

Anyways, because of this, I've always covered my feet up in public and have just been self conscious about them in general. I have two giant callouses under each of my feet, two more large ones under each of my big toes, and several smaller ones on each of my remaining toes. Any attempts I've made to clean them up have ended in frustration. Anyone have any thoughts/advice?

iirate

I run around barefoot a lot, I tend to hate shoes in general.

So I sometimes get some bad calluses. I use this stuff, works great. Basically, slather the hell out of the area, and put on socks right away. Then, next time you shower, use a pumice stone, and repeat. To put it in perspective, I used to have such horrible ones that they would get dry and crack bad enough they started bleeding. Very painful. Now I don't have a problem. If I am not lazy and keep up with it, my feet are perfect.

Edit: One thing though, if you do use it and you have anything other than wall to wall carpeting, DO NOT put it on and then walk around without socks. Serious slip hazard lol.

Great, I'll have to give that a shot! I have very dry skin in general, so I have to be *very* proactive about moisturizing throughout the whole day or else my hands/feet can crack and bleed, too. I had been using a pumice for a while, but got lazy after I wasn't seeing any real results.

Lemurs here.

Has anyone here taken anti depressants? My doctor started me on prozac almost two months ago and I'm curious what others have experienced. Especially the side effects.

Anastasia

Yep, it's the best time for fashion (imo). I love seeing all the layered outfits. And I can finally put my sweaters and scarves into good use again.

Leeness

Lemurs here.

Has anyone here taken anti depressants? My doctor started me on prozac almost two months ago and I'm curious what others have experienced. Especially the side effects.

Yeah. I take cipralex. I didn't really have side effects though... Not much help. :(

It definitely picked me up though and helped me get back on track.

Pau

Lemurs here.

I take lexapro. My sex drive took a huge hit the first couple of months and I couldn't even orgasm. It's not so bad nowadays, but still a noticeable difference from before. :/ Otherwise, its been doing it's job.

Yep, it's the best time for fashion (imo). I love seeing all the layered outfits. And I can finally put my sweaters and scarves into good use again.
As someone who grew up in Miami, fall and winter have opened up fashion for me like nothing else. :3

Anastasia

As someone who grew up in Miami, fall and winter have opened up fashion for me like nothing else. :3

Yeah, I lived in Florida for about 6 years (near Tampa), and the climate really isn't that conducive to dressing up. Not that I dislike summer fashion, but I'm a long-sleeve type of gal.

So some weeks ago I posted about the kittens and momma my mom saved. The kittens are as big as momma now, lol.

(they're the ones lying down)

2c54wrY.jpg

Pau

Yeah, I lived in Florida for about 6 years (near Tampa), and the climate really isn't that conducive to dressing up. Not that I dislike summer fashion, but I'm a long-sleeve type of gal.
I like summer dresses but man, I sweat like crazy in the summer so anything that has sleeves is just impossible for me to wear.

Tash

awwwwwwwwwww kitteeehzzz <3

I don't like autumn and winter. I hate scratchy things and love light summer stuff..
I also really don't like most sweaters..can never find ones that don't make me look like a grand-ma..or maybe it's just me..

Anastasia

I like summer dresses but man, I sweat like crazy in the summer so anything that has sleeves is just impossible for me to wear.

I have the same problem (along with getting freezing cold in the winter). My body doesn't handle hot and cold well. :-/ But I mean long-sleeve in that I prefer cold weather fashion. Part of it is a style preference and then part of it is that I deal with coldness better. I'm from NY (including most of my family) so maybe that's why. It's in my genes. :p

I don't like autumn and winter. I hate scratchy things and love light summer stuff..
I also really don't like most sweaters..can never find ones that don't make me look like a grand-ma..or maybe it's just me..

I'm a huge sweater person, but I think it depends on the look you're going for. I tend to go for a classic look with more interesting pieces thrown in here and there. Some of those things can be grandma-ish on their own, but then it also depends on how you wear it. My body is really sensitive to wool (even cashmere), so I usually layer underneath the sweater or find stuff that isn't 100% wool. Or just get something that isn't wool at all and layer on top of that. I love silk or rayon based fabrics and then wearing heavier stuff on top.

Miss Riot

Neo Member
lurked forever here and missed the move to community, I think it was back with OT1. recently got approved, so hi everyone =)

Tash

I'm a huge sweater person, but I think it depends on the look you're going for. I tend to go for a classic look with more interesting pieces thrown in here and there. Some of those things can be grandma-ish on their own, but then it also depends on how you wear it. My body is really sensitive to wool (even cashmere), so I usually layer underneath the sweater or find stuff that isn't 100% wool. Or just get something that isn't wool at all and layer on top of that. I love silk or rayon based fabrics and then wearing heavier stuff on top.

Oh, hmm..I need some inspirations I guess. Show me your ways :D

lurked forever here and missed the move to community, I think it was back with OT1. recently got approved, so hi everyone =)

welcome :)

awwwwwwwwwww kitteeehzzz <3

Get the ones with the V cuts so you can show off bewb.

Kisaya

I love layering, so fall/winter works really well with me. Definitely love wearing short dresses/skits during the summer though, but I rarely get the chance to do that :B

Miss Riot

Neo Member
The tank girl avi made me immediately decide you were good people. Welcome :)

used to try to live that life of being a rebel and riot-grrl until I ended up getting in trouble. still feel strongly about the things I feel strongly about, but I don't go to the extremes I used to. I totally blame that comic for giving me the push out the door to try to make a difference in life, so I got in trouble breaking in to animal testing labs and setting animals free. between that and watching everything that Kenneth Branagh has done that's pretty much my teen years accounted for. so I've calmed down a lot but my soul still burns.
I like winter because layering clothes is wonderful and I get to try out all sorts of new things.

used to try to live that life of being a rebel and riot-grrl until I ended up getting in trouble. still feel strongly about the things I feel strongly about, but I don't go to the extremes I used to. I totally blame that comic for giving me the push out the door to try to make a difference in life, so I got in trouble breaking in to animal testing labs and setting animals free.

I love you :D

Miss Riot

Neo Member
I love you :D

aw thanks! =) but I didn't realize what I was doing hurt more than it helped. perpetuating the cycle. it's a lot smarter to try to change from within, or to go through proper channels. for every mess of animals I set free, I had to deal with them being replaced, as well as being a criminal for it. at the time I didn't care about the criminal part but once I got more educated about how stupid it was for me to do that, I started to mellow out.

aw thanks! =) but I didn't realize what I was doing hurt more than it helped. perpetuating the cycle. it's a lot smarter to try to change from within, or to go through proper channels. for every mess of animals I set free, I had to deal with them being replaced, as well as being a criminal for it. at the time I didn't care about the criminal part but once I got more educated about how stupid it was for me to do that, I started to mellow out.

hm I still think it's great.
are you vegan too by any chance

Miss Riot

Neo Member
I don't think I could just dive in to it, is there a beginner guide to easing yourself in to it? has it been that big of a change for the rest of you who are?

Top Bottom