• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I might order some stuff from Sock Dreams, but some of the product photos are a tad too male gazey and don't give a good idea how they will look.

Tash

Talking about Lemon:

I started drinking hot water with fresh lemon juice and Cayenne Pepper in the morning. Supposedly it's cleansing and good for you..

We will see..so far my intestines didn't explode. Good sign, I guess.

Talking about Lemon:

I started drinking hot water with fresh lemon juice and Cayenne Pepper in the morning. Supposedly it's cleansing and good for you..

Honey is really good in that detox drink as well. When I worked in a call center, that drink did wonders for keeping me from losing my voice,

apricot

Talking about Lemon:

I have room temp water with lemon juice and chia seeds every morning. Never heard about using Cayenne Pepper!

Samara

quick hair question: So my hair is three colors right now. Orangy brown, dark golden brown and black. I Just want the inbetween orange to go away ( i bleach with backing soda and only the regrownth changed color. Stuborn jet black permanent dye) And now my new 'new' hair is dark brown and it looks dumb, and I dont want to make a mistake.

So do If I put somewhat super dark brown/black on the orange roots, it should match? Also I do henna every month.

help!

I wash my hair with shampoo once every 2/3 months, otherwise, it's just with water. I think it works okay. But I got used to this since I started it when I was very young. It's very convenient now, and I spend very little on haircare products.

Mistel

Banned
I shampoo mine once or twice a week and just use water. My hair is quite thick but it isn't time consuming at all to look after it.

I need straight hair though... My curly hair sucks.

Tash

Honey is really good in that detox drink as well. When I worked in a call center, that drink did wonders for keeping me from losing my voice,

Oh yeah, honey is my go-to-sweetener. Love it in everything. Also add it to tea if I don't want to drink it unsweetened :)

I have room temp water with lemon juice and chia seeds every morning. Never heard about using Cayenne Pepper!

Oh chia seeds - that's a good addition as well.

About the cayenne pepper: more information here

Mistel

Banned
No! Curly hair is the best.
It would be if I had hair like this:
ghostbusters-sigouney-weaver.jpg

But I've got no idea how I would have hair like that.

Mistel

Banned
I got natural waves/curls and I always straighten them..not the healthiest approach
If my hair was straightened my fringe would reach the bottom of my chin. Hopefully my hair starts to grow down though, instead of just being mid way down my face. I'd like something shoulder length without straightening it.

Hopefully I grow to love my curls.

Opiate

I love that I have curls, just my hair is thin and still gets too damn dry :/ ugh.

I have noticed that everyone hates their own hair. There is no hair that is simultaneously full and bouncy but also looks cool in the wind and is easy to manage. No hair is simultaneously curly/sporty but also straight/elegant (or whatever perceptions you want to apply).

Hair should be the symbolic example of that old truism, "you can't have everything."

I have noticed that everyone hates their own hair. There is no hair that is simultaneously full and bouncy but also looks cool in the wind and is easy to manage. No hair is simultaneously curly/sporty but also straight/elegant (or whatever perceptions you want to apply).

Hair should be the symbolic example of that old truism, "you can't have everything."

I love everything about my hair.

Not everyone can be perfect.

Tash

Just be happy you all have a nice full head of hair (thick or thin).
Due to meds and crap I am having horrible hair loss and it's getting to the point where I might have to face the cold hard truth to cut it really short. Not that this will help much but it just looks even worse long :(

I had my first pap smear the other day. It was...about as awkward as they warned me it would be beforehand, but over quickly enough, before I expected it. As I sat alone staring at what appeared to be a scary torture instrument before me, prior to the procedure, all I could think was, "gee, my years of watching horror movies have finally paid off. Thanks for ruining gynecology for me forever, David Cronenberg!"

I was also offered a (thoroughly free) prescription to birth control, which I took because hey, why not? What's the worst that could happen, besides my hormones having a total meltdown? It's called "Yaz," I think, which is a dumb name. Anyone have experience with it? Should I be worried that my hair's gonna fall out?

There was a lawsuit against Yaz a year or so ago for downplaying the side-effects (more severe than they let on in some cases). Not sure if they've changed things or not since I haven't heard anything since then, but you should probably be aware of that in case you weren't already.

Anyone have experience with it? Should I be worried that my hair's gonna fall out?

My partner has been using it for a while (2.5-3 years) and has just switched to the generic. It was her first time on the pill, so she doesn't have anything to compare it to, but she noticed: acne reduction, increase in libido, and a huge increase in quality of life through cycle regulation (she is now skipping all but four periods). No problems with hair loss or weight change, but she's also changed her diet a lot over a similar time so that may have happened and been offset.

There was a lawsuit against Yaz a year or so ago for downplaying the side-effects

IIRC, the side effect that got the drug co. in trouble is an increased risk of blood clots. If you aren't at risk it shouldn't be a problem.

soepje

IIRC, the side effect that got the drug co. in trouble is an increased risk of blood clots. If you aren't at risk it shouldn't be a problem.
From how i understood it, the third and fourth generation of oral BC (like Yaz and Yasmin) actually double the risk of thrombosis compared to the first and second gen. It was the reason my doctor recommended me a second gen. (microgynon 30) back in the day.
But i agree with you that over all it is still very low risk, its there, but pregnancy or things like smoking increases your chances of thrombosis tenfold when compared to just taking BC.

I've actually never taken a prescription drug before, so this is a good idea. Thanks for the tip.
My wife was on Yaz in the years before she got pregnant and since I was equally interested in keeping her that way at the time I set an alarm too. She had a habit of leaving her phone in weird places around the house so she would miss her alarm every now and then and mine would save the day.

Not sure what she's on now but the Yaz was pretty great for her. Along with better skin I think it also helped a bit with her cramps and normalized her flow.

I'd forgotten about antibiotics - I was prescribed them for ten days once, so it wasn't long term enough for there to be a risk of my absent mind forgetting.

That was around the age of twenty and I didn't have any form of health insurance for most of my teens, so I really don't think it that unusual to never have taken either short- or long-term prescribed drugs. But maybe I'm the exception.

Yeah I've never really taken anything other than antibiotics. I'm with you on this one, I-D

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
How important is head wear for a guy? I see a lot of dudes wearing this:

218k_fashion_men.jpg

Is it one of those things where it's nice if they have them but ultimately doesn't sway a girl one way or the other?

Oblivion

Fetishing muscular manly men in skintight hosery
That hat screams old person and golf to me, just straight up nope. How did you end up with your tag by the way?

That might not be the exact hat I'm thinking of, but it's the closest to what I could find on the google. All I know is that I see lots of dudes, young dudes, wearing them, who tend to have pretty hot girlfriends around them.

I got this tag from Dragona several years back cause of some lame feud she and I were having about which Link was better suited for Zelda.

Mistel

Banned
I don't think a hat improves the ability to find someone attractive, it's not exactly a easy thing to answer.

Dragona if that was the one with akeshi after it then I though she was awful.

Please... This is sex appeal:
tumblr_mde6z6y2Qh1rrfi85o1_r1_500.gif

That hat looks like you been down the mines for a hard days work.

Sex appeal? We're talking about mens clothing and you post a gif of a latex clad female that has nothing to do with attractive menswear...

Plus latex, guns and naughty nurses are such a bore these days. So expected.

Top Bottom