• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Wazzy

Banned
I just need to post some pictures of the beautiful men from my list.

vin_diesel_png_by_shutupdemi-d6u2yz5.png

joe-manganiello-workout1-e1393994906163.jpg

CHRISEVANS.jpg

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
(Also, is anyone else slightly annoyed by the OT threads about shaving/rape?)
I haven't seen the rape thread (not sure I want to) but the shaving thread has been both depressing and uplifting.

The retching gifs, shaming, etc. was awful. But seeing so many women speak out about it made me feel a lot better. I shave my legs and armpits but I'm lazy about it, and I am fortunate to have a boyfriend who doesn't mind. He prefers smooth but never, ever guilted me or shamed me or made any comment, he usually doesn't even care that much. But when other women said the pressure of shaving was so strong that they were embarrassed to go out with exposed unshaved legs, man, I know the feeling. I still do it sometimes but I'm self-conscious about it.

I'm like one of the least self-conscious persons I know, too. I never wear make-up, ever, and successfully ignored the pressure on that all this time. My teeth are healthy (not a single cavity, never had problems), but crooked and slightly yellow, and I get self-conscious about it sometimes, but again it's something I mostly managed to handle.

But unshaved legs? I still feel the pressure. Both from other women and from men. It's just too strong. Dammit. One of my friends never shaves her legs and armpits (and her boyfriend doesn't care at all). I'm envious of her. So yeah, it was strangely comforting just to know I wasn't alone. :)

False equivalences are annoying.

"Cat-calling sucks!"

"Yeah, well I'm a dude and I've been cat-called just ignore it and deal with it. But I'm a dude so it doesn't count."

Kimaka

I had the biggest crush on him in Jr High.

I forgot a few:

Naveen Andrews:

This guy who's name I can never remember:
NCWYoG3.jpg

Also:

Eyeliner on guys <3 Isn't that one of the guys who got kicked out somewhere for being too hot?

Holy god this page and the last page have made me like such a creeper.

They're so HOT.

(Also, is anyone else slightly annoyed by the OT threads about shaving/rape?)

I haven't gone though all the pages but I hate how posters were calling women gross and unhygienic for having hair.

This last winter was my first being single in a loooooooooooong time. It was the first time I went any length of time without shaving meticulously. I don't have a ton of body hair anyway but it was glorious to not have to care one bit if I decided to not bother shaving my legs or whatnot.

I admit though that if I were dating or in a relationship I feel obligated by society to shave/wax pretty much everything.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
The amount of entitlement some of these guys have is fucking hilarious. I have to say I'm very grateful to the guys that do come into these threads with common sense. It's always refreshing to see guys not scared of equality and women empowerment.

Wazzy

Banned
Yeah the hair removal thread continues to get worse and worse.

You'd think people could just listen to what we say instead of instantly dismissing our opinions when WE'RE the one being discussed.

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Yeah that'd be great.

No one's even telling these dudes they have to be attracted to hairy women, just saying that hairy women are gross like they automatically stink, sweat a lot, and never shower is so ridiculous. Like, show some class and stop acting like children.

I just want to say that you sisters are really doing a good job in that thread. I've been avoiding it, mostly, because I know that I will be Vile as hell - really touching those who can't comprehend where it hurts, so I don't even try. But I am so happy that you are really speaking out for your biological right as a women.

As we speak, I shaved my armpit recently and currently in the worse pain ever. I can shave my legs and be fine. But when it comes to very sensitive areas, it is very hard for me to shave because when I do, I get painful razor bumps. Putting on deodorant so I don't smell funky has been absolute hell because the chemicals just make it worse. I feel constant burning, I could barely move my arms and then I read a thread where apparently women have to shave as their moral obligation to society because men find it gross and by all standards it is gross. It's really just a disgusting reality.

You guys try to explain why sometimes we don't and instead of them understanding, relating it to themselves like, "Boy it must be hard for women because I technically could shave whenever I want, however they are forced to shave or be expected to shave everyday which sucks."

It's more like, "Eww, she is suppose to shave because if she doesn't, she's a disgusting slob who probably stinks and I wouldn't bang at all even of she was a 10/10. Here's the front door and money for the taxi cab, good day."

They have absolutely no idea how hard it is for women to rebel against the norm when it comes to our bodies. And rather than encourage us to do what we want and be confident in the skin we were born in like them , we are being put down by giving us a consequence in the same breath.

I just want to say that you sisters are really doing a good job in that thread. I've been avoiding it, mostly, because I know that I will be Vile as hell - really touching those who can't comprehend where it hurts, so I don't even try. But I am so happy that you are really speaking out for your biological right as a women.

As we speak, I shaved my armpit recently and currently in the worse pain ever. I can shave my legs and be fine. But when it comes to very sensitive areas, it is very hard for me to shave because when I do, I get painful razor bumps. Putting on deodorant so I don't smell funky has been absolute hell because the chemicals just make it worse. I feel constant burning, I could barely move my arms and then I read a thread where apparently women have to shave as their moral obligation to society because men find it gross and by all standards it is gross. It's really just a disgusting reality.

You guys try to explain why sometimes we don't and instead of them understanding, relating it to themselves like, "Boy it must be hard for women because I technically could shave whenever I want, however they are forced to shave or be expected to shave everyday which sucks."

It's more like, "Eww, she is suppose to shave because if she doesn't, she's a disgusting slob who probably stinks and I wouldn't bang at all even of she was a 10/10. Here's the front door and money for the taxi cab, good day."

They have absolutely no idea how hard it is for women to rebel against the norm when it comes to our bodies. And rather than encourage us to do what we want and be confident in the skin we were born in like them , we are being put down by giving us a consequence in the same breath.
I'm not a huge fan of armpit hair on myself. As such, I'm always on the look out for razors that are good for that area. I recommend trying something like this one. They're expensive but they're so great.

Pau

Yeah... honestly, I think reading NeoGAF and threads like that since I was 14 has probably contributed to how shitty I feel about my body. It's one thing hearing it constantly in person, but then going online, to somewhere where I want to talk and read about my interests and have fun, but instead having those same shitty things affirmed day in and day out made me feel just great.

So I just went on a decent looking band t-shirt website that dabbles in rock and metal shirts and go to check out the girl tees section. All I saw were shitty "Bring Me The Horizon" and "One Direction" shirts.

Lulz.

Leeness

I have a stupid question for you ladies but I don't really want to ask it in the thread. It's mostly just about my weirdness and such lol.

I dunno, if anyone would be willing to answer weird questions, please PM me or something. Lol. Thanks ladies <3

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member
That thread is rage inducing, mostly for the fact that no one seems to fucking get it.

"Oh, do what you want, we don't police your bodies! But it's hella fucking gross btw, so you should always be shaved kthx."

Nope, I'm just a weak little girl for feeling too ashamed to pop to the corner market in shorts if I have some stubble. It's just me!

From the first post even. I couldn't get through the whole thread.

And everything you said is true.

That thread is rage inducing, mostly for the fact that no one seems to fucking get it.

"Oh, do what you want, we don't police your bodies! But it's hella fucking gross btw, so you should always be shaved kthx."

Nope, I'm just a weak little girl for feeling too ashamed to pop to the corner market in shorts if I have some stubble. It's just me!

Yep

And they were so easy with the "just dont let it get to you duhhhhhh" come backs

So irritating

Glad some mods are calling out their heads-up-in-the-ass behaviours, tbh cuz i was really becoming demoralized for a bit in that thread

and it's not like we are non-shaving women either. it's just that we are stating "it would be super awesome not to feel pressured to feel bad about our natural state of being"

NO

we ask too much, ladies. poor men.

Yeah that'd be great.

No one's even telling these dudes they have to be attracted to hairy women, just saying that hairy women are gross like they automatically stink, sweat a lot, and never shower is so ridiculous. Like, show some class and stop acting like children.

True

What's more, I remember there were threads about men created by men about their insecurity of being short in the dating pool, and I can't recall any gaf-women dropping by to say "short men is gross, but that's just me, though lol carry on, gafbros"

There were rather statements saying "I may date men of varying heights if he has the personality that draws me in"

sigh

Yeah. I'm done there. What drove me out was that, apparently because we're not representative of "most women," our views don't count.

Whateva.

You fought the good fight, gaf-sis! o7 I am proud to have fought beside you <3

and yep. i cant believe it had be said over and over again in that thread that we are women and these are OUR perspectives

they just kept steamrolling over things that they dont wanna hear, in favour of their established internal narrative bs

my brain. it hurts.

Wazzy

Banned
I think I'm also done with that thread. The idiots just keep coming in. Lol at the poster saying we don't represent women.

It reminds me of when the breast cancer/motorboating thread where I explained that the video was offensive and I spoke to two breast cancer survivors and they were offended and a bunch of people dismissed them as "they're only two people they don't represent all victims"

Just looking for any excuse to not listen.

*smoke clears*

Well, I seem to not be banned for that flight off the rails.
It's cool. Your post was great and that kind of stuff happens all the time on GAF and no one blinks an eye(by stuff I mean going and using previous posts to show someone has shitty views) but the moment it's something that isn't supporting their side and it's offensive.

A lot of people put words into your mouth too but that's life I guess.

You fought the good fight, gaf-sis! o7 I am proud to have fought beside you <3

and yep. i cant believe it had be said over and over again in that thread that we are women and these are OUR perspectives

they just kept steamrolling over things that they dont wanna hear, in favour of their established internal narrative bs

my brain. it hurts.
*girl group giggle*

I think I'm also done with that thread. The idiots just keep coming in. Lol at the poster saying we don't represent women.

It reminds me of when the breast cancer/motorboating thread where I explained that the video was offensive and I spoke to two breast cancer survivors and they were offended and a bunch of people dismissed them as "they're only two people they don't represent all victims"

Just looking for any excuse to not listen.

It's cool. Your post was great and that kind of stuff happens all the time on GAF and no one blinks an eye(by stuff I mean going and using previous posts to show someone has shitty views) but the moment it's something that isn't supporting their side and it's offensive.

A lot of people put words into your mouth too but that's life I guess.

excuse me missy you're on neogaf you're not a normal girl what do you know?

besada

Banned
I sometimes really want to create a bunch of threads where we flip the shit we usually have to deal with and totally ignore or patronize any men posting in the thread.

Like some version of the 'Boy, so and so is sure looking good!' threads were we make fun of some hot guys tiny wrinkle or something.

Just to see what would happen.
You'd make at least one mod laugh:)

Kimaka

I admire you women for fighting all that bullshit. I get angry/demoralized enough reading those threads. Especially after that Santa Barbara thread I've tried to just ignore them.

I sometimes really want to create a bunch of threads where we flip the shit we usually have to deal with and totally ignore or patronize any men posting in the thread.

Like some version of the 'Boy, so and so is sure looking good!' threads were we make fun of some hot guys tiny wrinkle or something.

Can you please???

Can you please???

nooooooo i dont think fiction should

she'll get so much backlash

it's not worth it

*protective over fellow gafwomen*

that includes you, dragikins <3

im going to have to draw Mother of Dragons just for you (;___; i suck at drawing creatures) (expect a snake looking dragons just a heads up) (cheat code method)

Anastasia

It would be funny, but I don't see that accomplishing much other than antagonizing posters.

There are probably better ways to make a statement and improve the forum.

shadowkat

Unconfirmed Member

Hmmm. What would be the guy version of sharp knees be?

Also, I'm rather partial to Stephen Amell.

images

I like these girls.

Tqj99DjN_original.jpg

aaaaaaaaaaaaaah my type my type <3

also talulah ryley above, so so so beautiful <333333

terrific ladies *___*

i like... uh... Missandei from Game of Thrones and, um Jessica from True Blood. And Gina Torres from Suits. And Miss Mori from Pacific Rim

Sorry no pics, im on a metered connection and can't image browse at leisure ;__;

nooooooo i dont think fiction should

she'll get so much backlash

it's not worth it

*protective over fellow gafwomen*

that includes you, dragikins <3

im going to have to draw Mother of Dragons just for you (;___; i suck at drawing creatures) (expect a snake looking dragons just a heads up) (cheat code method)

I love what you do so I'd be cool with anything. You don't have to, but thanks anyway :)

Top Bottom