• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

only bought spacechem and the double fine collection, oh and about 50 dollars in gifts for friends, both happen to be fellow gaffers.

Socks. Too bad my legs are too long
and my thighs too fat
for them to fit right :(
youtsubafatlegs.jpg

i am the master of editing

Socks. Too bad my legs are too long
and my thighs too fat
for them to fit right :(

The ones with the stay-up pinchy elastic are meant for the 2% of women who have no thigh fat. Otherwise, get thee some secretarial stockings and a decent garter belt.

I say that's invincible squared.

Masoria

Neo Member
I've never found thigh highs that are comfortable. They either squish my poor thighs, or fall down.

And I miss wearing skorts. I had a pair when I was a kid that looked like shorts in the back with just the skirt part in the front. They were so weird.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
i've worn knee high socks a few times (been caught on tv here wearing them, hah), those can look good if you style them right but a lot of the time they remind me of schoolgirls. thigh highs would look ridiculous on me, i think.

inanna your avatar <3<3

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Thanks, Cloud! Changed for TNG 25th anniversary. :D

Oh, I'm not sure about thigh high socks but I would never wear thigh high boots, they look awful and trashy. Not really my style! Ankle or (just bellow) knee boots are amazing and look great with most skirts and short skirts. I do like knee high socks, like Cloud said they CAN look good if you know what to wear them with!

I've worn thigh high socks before, but I'm pretty sure they make me look stumpy (I'm not very tall). I have no idea where they even sell thigh high boots, other than the internet.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Thanks, Cloud! Changed for TNG 25th anniversary. :D

oh, i should do that too!

i think socks/boots above the knee are just harder to pull off without making you look like a streetwalker (unless that's the look you intend to convey), i've seen lots of people really do it well, though... i think over-the-knee boots without a heel for example can look really nice, and thigh high socks on long legs with shorts can look adorable. it really depends how you dress.

high-socks.png

Kim+Kardashian+Boots+Over+Knee+Boots+jB__UcNhCogl.jpg

i like these kind of looks.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
I've worn thigh high socks before, but I'm pretty sure they make me look stumpy (I'm not very tall). I have no idea where they even sell thigh high boots, other than the internet.

I found my first pair of thigh high boots at the shoe shed. Second pair were on ebay. It's just the luck of the draw if a store has them I think.

I would like some thigh highs, socks or shoes, but the shoes need to be flats. Come winter I want all the warmth I can possibly get.

i think socks/boots above the knee are just harder to pull off without making you look like a streetwalker (unless that's the look you intend to convey), i've seen lots of people really do it well, though... i think over-the-knee boots without a heel for example can look really nice, and thigh high socks on long legs with shorts can look adorable. it really depends how you dress.

The point of thigh-high stockings is to wear them on a date under a cocktail- or secretary-length skirt/dress, which rides up just enough when you sit to reveal - if you want - that you're not wearing frumpy full stockings.

Like wearing a hot corset under a suit jacket.

Zoe

I wish I could wear knee high boots. But even when I was super skinny, my calves were too big :(

Amuro Namie is always rocking knee or thigh highs plus mini-skirts in her concerts <3 I wonder if she can even dance flat footed at this point :lol

Q0MgEm.jpg

I wish I could wear knee high boots. But even when I was super skinny, my calves were too big :(

I have the same problem. Damn these amazing calf muscles! Of course, if you're willing to hunt and fork out for a good pair, there's probably one out there that will do.

I found a pair of just-below-the-knee black Italian leather zip-ups about five years ago. They're painful as all hell, but I love them.

high-socks.png

i like these kind of looks.

Awww... I want a pair of these! Hurry up, summer, and get to fall!

Opiate

I always find it so odd when people automatically refer to San Diego weather as clearly and obviously the ideal.

I don't mean it can't be your personal preference, just that people seem to always be nonplussed when I suggest I like having a snowy winter, a beautiful fall, and a budding spring to go along with my summer, even if this means none of these is quite as comfortable individually.

On other notes: I also love the smell of rain in addition to its look.

Kisaya

Yup, dats why I love the Northeast <3 As much as I hate harsh winters and hot summers, I would still like to have them along with spring and fall. One of the reasons why I was disappointed to have a warm, non-snowy winter this year :<

Grew up in a place that only had hot weather, but I have enjoyed actual seasons in the 2 years I've spent in New York state for college, can't really go back to perpetual summer after that, at least not for the rest of my life.

Kisaya

Grew up in a place that only had hot weather, but I have enjoyed actual seasons in the 2 years I've spent in New York state for college, can't really go back to perpetual summer after that, at least not for the rest of my life.

Do you go to a SUNY by any chance? ;o

Do you go to a SUNY by any chance? ;o

Nah, I should have phrased that better, I'm at a college in upstate New York. Potsdam, New York to be exact very lovely in spring,summer and fall , very dreary in winter once you've gotten over the snow and barely anything to do.

I just moved to Monterey, CA where I've been told the weather is lovely year round. Not sure if it has proper seasons, tho.

It's a lot cooler than what I'm used to (Tucson -> New Orleans -> Tucson -> San Antonio -> Monty) but I love it so far. It's kind of like living in a forested mountain on the edge of a beach.

Monterey is one of my favorite cities. I think it's mostly evergreen though.

That said, we LAer's drive to our seasons. Big Bear can be quite nice in the fall.

I always find it so odd when people automatically refer to San Diego weather as clearly and obviously the ideal.

I don't mean it can't be your personal preference, just that people seem to always be nonplussed when I suggest I like having a snowy winter, a beautiful fall, and a budding spring to go along with my summer, even if this means none of these is quite as comfortable individually.

On other notes: I also love the smell of rain in addition to its look.

I get so much shit here in LA for saying I'm not enamored of the weather. They always say how perfect it is and that I'm ungrateful for the mild climate. :p

I just want time to mean something. I want the seasonal markers and all the particular joys that come with them. That sense of rekindled energy in spring, the energetic baking of summer, the color and feel in the air of fall, the quiet and ominous blanket of winter... Not to mention all the amazing food that just compliments seasonal differences. Ahh... I miss the East Coast and Japan.

Go, Team Seasons! And Team Storms! (Where are my storms, LA???)

No storms? Nothing is better than staying inside during the rain reading a good book. Nothing.

*high-five*

I've never really experienced seasons, and I'm okay with that.

I need to take you to Japan for Hanami (springy flower festival), Hanabi (summer fireworks festival), the fall mochi and mountain chicken w/ vegetables, and the New Years feast of everything that is wonderful and good in life! (Sorry, getting caught up in the memory) Suffice to say, the seasons enhance the enjoyment of all these things and they mark the passage with life with the beautiful offerings particular to their times. You MUST experience them!

Come back to NYC H.pro :>

Neeeeeeeew Yooooooooork! Kiiiiiiisaaaaaaayaaaaaa!

Top Bottom