• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

soepje

Maybe i´m missing something in translation because English isn't my first language. But wouldn't it be kind of rude to make fun of peoples emotions? The idea of men don't cry, therefore it's funny when they do show emotions kind of comes across as laughing at stereotypes imho.
I would think people would be quite offended if the word 'male' was replaced by a large number of other words at least. But like i said, perhaps i´m missing something :?

soepje, i think the mug specifically refers to male tears as the meme. the tears that's usually shed by men who argues against feminism or having any of their traditional entitlements questioned. it probably doesn't translate well outside of a certain webosphere where the meme is recognised, though.

but to those who understands the context, it's a hilarious mug :D

Yrael

Ah, I see. I figured there must have been something I was missing. Thanks for clearing that up :D!

No worries! :)

I'M A FEMINIST, KILL ALL MEN

tumblr_inline_mid93zOts71qz4rgp.gif

Kinsei

Banned
Wazzy :(

At least there's no way she got perm'd for that post.

http://media.tumblr.com/ed749a8637eaea0f05cfa38fc60bc0cf/tumblr_inline_mid93zOts71qz4rgp.gif[/img]

Fuck lions.

Yes, I'm still reading GoT. Why did the Lannisters get such an awesome animal?

Yrael

That is a glorious .gif.

Haha yep, lionesses can be a force to be reckoned with! xD

It's so cathartic to poke fun at and exaggerate all the feminist stereotypes that get thrown out there. I've joked so many times about my secret plans for world domination with my army of cats, each wearing an individually knitted jumper. I'd make sure to actually educate them on feminism first though, so they don't all end up on this blog.

tumblr_n9ojbcyMNb1thkqcyo1_1280.jpg

(I do personally avoid the "kill all men" joke though, even though it's so obviously meant to be self-effacing and ironic ("I'm a nasty evil feminist just like you always suspected, rawr!"); part of me cringes a little bit at it, but also I'm worried that someone out there would actually think I mean it seriously if I did say it. *_*)

Fuck lions.

....;_;;;;

Yes, I'm still reading GoT. Why did the Lannisters get such an awesome animal?

Haha okay, you're forgiven. xD
Which book are you up to?

Kinsei

Banned
Haha yep, lionesses can be a force to be reckoned with! xD

It's so cathartic to poke fun at and exaggerate all the feminist stereotypes that get thrown out there. I've joked so many times about my secret plans for world domination with my army of cats, each wearing an individually knitted jumper. I'd make sure to actually educate them on feminism first though, so they don't all end up on this blog.

tumblr_n9ojbcyMNb1thkqcyo1_1280.jpg

(I do personally avoid the "kill all men" joke though, even though it's so obviously meant to be self-effacing and ironic ("I'm a nasty evil feminist just like you always suspected, rawr!"); part of me cringes a little bit at it, but also I'm worried that someone out there would actually think I mean it seriously if I did say it. *_*)

....;_;;;;

Haha okay, you're forgiven. xD
Which book are you up to?

Still the first one. I was busy for a while and didn't have as much time to read as I would have liked. I should finish it tomorrow night.

Yrael

Ooh cool! I shall keep my mouth firmly closed to avoid spoiling anything. :)
(I had some major plot points spoiled for me in those books while I was still reading them...I was quite ticked off!)

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Finally moved on from the crappy, lame-sounding age of 31 (don't ask, it just is!), to the classy and young-yet-(supposedly)-wise-and-wordly 32. Yay. :)

Sabaton tickets booked! So excited to see these guys in December! Also got tickets to see "Hell", "Mastodon", "Saxon", "Tyr" and hopefully "In Flames" too. Got a busy two months of gigs at the end of the year!

S0AFxAt.png
Cool, have fun! I've seen them live before and they're very energetic. Unfortunately I lost interest a few years ago because their albums tend to be quite repetitive.

Still the first one. I was busy for a while and didn't have as much time to read as I would have liked. I should finish it tomorrow night.
Everyone hates the Lannisters during book 1. After that... well, things may or may not change. Then again, I'm still #teamStark as my username shows.

Too bad about Wazzy, luckily it's a very short ban. I understand the mods need to be fair but damn if that wasn't warranted. That guy... >_<

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Hey girlGAF! I hate to plug my own thread, but I figured this might interest you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871865

It's a kickstarter for a RPG made by teenaged girls who are being mentored by actual game devs. The youngest one is 10 years old.

The people in charge of the kickstarter, Girls Make Games, have camps to teach girls how to make games in the US, Europe, Australia, and even in the Middle East.

So yeah, that's my spiel. Sorry for shitting the thread up with advertisements lol.

iirate

Hey girlGAF! I hate to plug my own thread, but I figured this might interest you:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=871865

It's a kickstarter for a RPG made by teenaged girls who are being mentored by actual game devs. The youngest one is 10 years old.

The people in charge of the kickstarter, Girls Make Games, have camps to teach girls how to make games in the US, Europe, Australia, and even in the Middle East.

So yeah, that's my spiel. Sorry for shitting the thread up with advertisements lol.

Thanks for posting this!

Cat

Female Writer Faces Twitter Backlash After Asking About Tampons

Jessica Valenti, author, founder of Feministing, and Guardian columnist recently took to Twitter to ask her followers if they knew of any countries in which tampons are subsidized. For a normal human being that has even the most basic grasp of female anatomy and understands that it's biology that women menstruate every month or so, it's not a crazy concept to ponder. But alas, the sheer mention of affordable or free feminine hygiene products was simply too much for some to handle and they took to their keyboards to vilify her.

Kinsei

Banned
What in the actual fuck?

You know what I will never understand when it comes to men; Why would they go out of their way to disrespect women, but at the same time desire them? How does that even work?

Why would you want to have a GF while being disrespectful to the entire gender. It....makes...no...sense.

They see as as nothing but fuckholes. We're less than human to them. They don't want a girlfriend, they want a toy.

Why would you want to have a GF while being disrespectful to the entire gender. It....makes...no...sense.

Because sex feels fucking good, there's plenty of sleezy disresptful fellas out there that just smash and dash! Heck, even some fellow birds I hang out with admitted they've dated a guy for a month or so, had a few shags and then sent them straight to dumpsville, haha!

They see as as nothing but fuckholes. We're less than human to them. They don't want a girlfriend, they want a toy.

Because sex feels fucking good, there's plenty of sleezy disresptful fellas out there that just smash and dash! Heck, even some fellow birds I hang out with admitted they've dated a guy for a month or so, had a few shags and then sent them straight to dumpsville, haha!

I really hope women really start turning the tables. I know too many girls who make men feel way more important than they are and will even fight another women for her man's horrible deeds. It doesn't help the that the women opening her home to the guy is also advocating for the same type of disrespect.

Its terrible to think this way though *sigh*

Mono

Kinsei

Banned
Finally moved on from the crappy, lame-sounding age of 31 (don't ask, it just is!), to the classy and young-yet-(supposedly)-wise-and-wordly 32. Yay. :)

Cool, have fun! I've seen them live before and they're very energetic. Unfortunately I lost interest a few years ago because their albums tend to be quite repetitive.

Everyone hates the Lannisters during book 1. After that... well, things may or may not change. Then again, I'm still #teamStark as my username shows.

Too bad about Wazzy, luckily it's a very short ban. I understand the mods need to be fair but damn if that wasn't warranted. That guy... >_<

Happy Birthday!

I don't see my hate for the Lannisters changing at all.
They're trying to kill Arya. That's one of the few things that will land you on my shit list permanently.

EDIT: Happy birthday to you too Dragonz!

SmokyDave

What in the actual fuck?

You know what I will never understand when it comes to men; Why would they go out of their way to disrespect women, but at the same time desire them? How does that even work?

Those of us that are happily married and respectful of women generally aren't the ones tweeting offensive messages to female bloggers. Yes, that's a longer form of 'notallmen', but it kinda needed pointing out.

Aside from that, I guess you just have a girlfriend for sex, housework and social standing, but treat her like shit because you think women are worth less. That's how the mysoginists that I know do it, anyway.

Mono

Happy birthday Morrigan and Dragonz! Hope you had awesome days!!

I've been looking for the right opportunity to use this awesome Eowyn gif, lol! But I never correct people on my gender online. I guess I might if it was relevent to the topic, but it never has been for me!

Mono

A friend posted this on Facebook today:

7 of the most badass women who ever lived (who you've probably never heard of)

1. Khutulun, Mongolian warrior princess
2. Nana Asma’u, Nigerian scholar
3. Policarpa Salavarrieta, Colombian revolutionary
4. Ching Shih, Chinese pirate
5. Gertrude Bell, British traveler and writer
6. The ‘Night Witches,’ Russian WW2 fighter pilots
7. Hedy Lamarr, Austrian inventor

That picture of the Russian WW2 pilots is really cool!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Holy shit @ that Twitter thing. Completely innocuous question.... urgh. Why am I even surprised, I should be immune to this shit by now.

We have the same birthday???!!!!

Hope you had a good one :)
Whoa, awesome. :) I did, hope you did too!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAH amazing women <3

and wooooooow how come those Russian WW2 pilots have the same outfits like the dudes. Where are the breast-shaped tight-fitting tops
Hahahaha I know right?

You weren't being really respectful to the women here when you were dismissing our views in that rape poster thread. :/
Boom.

Those of us that are happily married and respectful of women generally aren't the ones tweeting offensive messages to female bloggers. Yes, that's a longer form of 'notallmen', but it kinda needed pointing out.

Aside from that, I guess you just have a girlfriend for sex, housework and social standing, but treat her like shit because you think women are worth less. That's how the mysoginists that I know do it, anyway.

You kind of didn't need to point it out but, I can understand your point of view.

However I am, a little taken aback by this since you did try to dismiss something that basically was an #Yesallwomen kind of thread.

Despite that, I don't get why for some it's usually this cycle of tearing down a women while also wanting to treat her like a toy to get their thrills from. It almost makes me wonder what the parents are teaching them to make them think this way. Is mom and dad teaching her son how to treat and respect women better?

Happy Birthday!

I don't see my hate for the Lannisters changing at all.
They're trying to kill Arya. That's one of the few things that will land you on my shit list permanently.

EDIT: Happy birthday to you too Dragonz!

It's mostly Cersei who's the real nasty one. All of the other ones, in general, are good people, deep down.

Except for Tywin, but he has a stick so far up his ass that I don't think he exactly counts.

Also thank you everyone! I had an awesome day, Morrigan. It's my mom's birthday too so we had a good time :)

I donno if bolded parts is really necessary for you to come into GirlGAF for......

Top Bottom