• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

@ Dax01 aaaaaah, staring people gives me the heebiejeebies

at least you said something to him. i'd probably be bitching about it later on to the internets / my gf but would not have said anything to the person directly, cuz scaredy cat in real :x

GO DAX!

Amalthea

Banned
I once turned the tables when a guy stared at me.

He and his buddy crossed my way on a hot summer day in town and I tought "That one looks like I can play with" so when he starts looking at me I do my best Brigit Bardot and stare right back. At the same time his buddy goes around the corner while my victim walks straight ahead like hypnotized not noticing his friend anymore and the friend goes like "Dude where are you going?" while I pass them grinning inside. Honestly that could've ended bad if the guy walked right on the street while a streetcar passed. But yeah.

Tash

Speaking of models, Karkador came with me to an eye exam and found his new calling.

Hmm, that reminds me. I need some new glasses (I most of the time use lenses) and I want some typical hipster/geek/nerd girl glasses..any suggestions? For some reason everything on my looks much more "secretary" than "geek"..
*firstworldproblems"

@ Dax01 aaaaaah, staring people gives me the heebiejeebies

at least you said something to him. i'd probably be bitching about it later on to the internets / my gf but would not have said anything to the person directly, cuz scaredy cat in real :x

GO DAX!
Thanks. Dude chose the wrong woman to gawk at.

Lafiel

と呼ぶがよい
Question: You can't send messages straight to the inbox of nonfriends on facebook without paying right?

If yes:

Some guy I don't know just paid to message me 'Hi pretty how are you doing.'

That's really creepy.

Yep, can't send a message to a non-friend and have it go straight to your inbox without paying. Or maybe you could just chalk that to being a administration error on part of Facebook, although I doubt it.

On that topic - I recall a friend of mine posting a picture of her "other" inbox from Facebook and the amount of messages in there that was from random guys trying to say "hi" and other variants was insane.

Indrid Cold

Unconfirmed Member
Wait what? That's bs on Facebook's part. The fact ppl I blocked can msg me through the "other" tab is bad enough. I hate how my privacy is being slowly eroded over time. I can only imagine the potential creep factor for you ladies :/

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Question: You can't send messages straight to the inbox of nonfriends on facebook without paying right?

If yes:

That's really creepy.

I'm not on Facebook, per se, but I do have a developer account (not using my real name) that I created for work purposes. One day I messaged someone I knew who wasn't among my friend list (since it's empty), and it prompted me to pay ($1, IIRC) to get the message to his inbox, otherwise it'd go under "Other", which is what I did. So he only saw it months later. He told me it depends on your settings. So if you set your privacy settings thusly, yeah, that means the dude paid like $1 to send you that message. WTF.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
So wait, somebody can PAY to basically bypass your privacy settings and send you a message?

That's kinda defeats the purpose of your profile being private.
Yup, but I can't say I'm surprised whatsoever. Facebook is a huge data mining and ad-serving enterprise, after all. Remember, with Facebook (and most social media networks), you are the product, not the customer.

So my question is:
When you are in the dating scene have any of you ever experienced guys flaking right the fuck out of nowhere?
Because for me I will meet these guys and they seem extremely interested and request a date and what not, but then as soon as the day comes up when we are supposed to meet, they don't message me with any of the details and then never talk to me again. I keep trying to think if I do anything wrong, maybe I am not flirty? Maybe they found someone hotter? maybe they are just weird?

It never used to happen to me before when I was doing the whole interwebz dating, but it is so frequent now and I find it really weird. I wonder if I am alone in this. (I know guys get flaked on too).

This is incredibly common online. I've had my fair share of sloppy timekeepers, and flakers. Some of the fellas I hang with have even said they've totally forgotten about dates they organized with lasses online because they find a new girl to fixate on and try to get a date out of. If I suspect somebody of flaking then I text or call them, if there isn't a reply for days before the date or if no date is set after the initial conversation I just brush it off and move onto the next fella that I dig the look of. Doesn't help to linger on time wasters.

Wouldn't worry about being flirty. Be yourself when texting or replying, people all react to messages differently, and if you snag somebody who reacts favourably, go for the kill and set that date! Go for the jugular!

There's always a gold nugget in that dirt pile! Had a date a week ago with a fella I sniffed out online that was bloody brilliant. Headed up to my favourite dive pub in town, put about a tenner in the jukebox, got some Maiden, Priest, and Testament up in that bitch and we ended up trying to outdrink each other the whole night while wailing over the music. It was great fun, and we're planning another date next week. Drinks are on me next time though!

Yrael

If yes:

That's really creepy.

That...is incredibly creepy. :x

(Also, I had no idea that people actually pay to send a message to a stranger on FB. I have messaged non-friends before...but they were still technically part of my network because they were friends of friends.)

Amalthea

Banned
If he can already bypass privacy settings with dosh, I doubt block settings will stop that either, wouldn't surprise me!
Eh, guess I'm naive since I live on a continent where consumer-rights are a thing (for now at least).

Honestly in such cases I generally help myself out with my personal superpower, called 'Piss people off with a single sentence'.

Tash

Nope, blocking WILL work. He won't be able to contact you in any way after blocked (I know from experience..)
Unless, of course, he goes full on psycho and creates new profiles..

gugi40

This is incredibly common online. I've had my fair share of sloppy timekeepers, and flakers. Some of the fellas I hang with have even said they've totally forgotten about dates they organized with lasses online because they find a new girl to fixate on and try to get a date out of. If I suspect somebody of flaking then I text or call them, if there isn't a reply for days before the date or if no date is set after the initial conversation I just brush it off and move onto the next fella that I dig the look of. Doesn't help to linger on time wasters.

Wouldn't worry about being flirty. Be yourself when texting or replying, people all react to messages differently, and if you snag somebody who reacts favourably, go for the kill and set that date! Go for the jugular!

There's always a gold nugget in that dirt pile! Had a date a week ago with a fella I sniffed out online that was bloody brilliant. Headed up to my favourite dive pub in town, put about a tenner in the jukebox, got some Maiden, Priest, and Testament up in that bitch and we ended up trying to outdrink each other the whole night while wailing over the music. It was great fun, and we're planning another date next week. Drinks are on me next time though!
Holy fuck, can I date you?

I recently went back on POF and wtf I am so uninterested in 90% of the guys on there. Holding a convo with one guy but I don't really feel sparks with him. Dating lyfe is the hard knock lyfe.

Holy fuck, can I date you?

Depends if you can hold your drink! Not many make it past my deadly competitive gauntlet of alcohol! Then you must navigate the savage labyrinth, slay the minotaur, and solve the sliding tile puzzle! Watching somebody struggle with bullshit puzzles makes me so wet!

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Awesome. Wear your Budgie shirt (you picked that one, right? right?). If he compliments you on it, he's a keeper. :D

I was reading that yesterday. What was even more awkward is I forgot to close the tab for it and my boyfriend came home from work and saw it... He definitely had some questions... I told him I had to click after seeing gaston.

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo lmao!!

He was exactly what I expected though lol!

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
Is that a troll page? My sarcasm meter has been broken for more than a few days now

Select quotes:

I do not need fism because women are still called sluts for enjoying sex and owning their sexuality and walking down the street and existing

I don’t need fesimism i think it’s good when old men have control over my reproductive rights they do such a great job with everything else

I don’t need femimsin the ‘wage gap’ is a myth just like bigfoot or a woman who can be assertive without being called a bitch

I don't need fiminsy because men might be trying to help when they yell 'you're fat!' or 'dumb slut!' from cars, what if you hadn't realised

Kinsei

Banned
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

On an off-tangent, does anyone have the same worries as me about some of the threads on GAF?

I feel like in a lot of these threads (makeup, etc), people go into them and share their old-world/close-minded/conservative views on women, get their throats jumped down, and leave even more bitter because they feel like they're being oppressed, by not being allowed to express their thoughts without "all those feminazi sjw pc bs" people shutting them down.

Not really sure how to educate, though. :/

If they're not teenagers and they still have those views, I don't think anyone can change them.

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

On an off-tangent, does anyone have the same worries as me about some of the threads on GAF?

I feel like in a lot of these threads (makeup, etc), people go into them and share their old-world/close-minded/conservative views on women, get their throats jumped down, and leave even more bitter because they feel like they're being oppressed, by not being allowed to express their thoughts without "all those feminazi sjw pc bs" people shutting them down.

Not really sure how to educate, though. :/
You only out on makeup because society tells you to, right? RIGHT?!

gugi40

Depends if you can hold your drink! Not many make it past my deadly competitive gauntlet of alcohol! Then you must navigate the savage labyrinth, slay the minotaur, and solve the sliding tile puzzle! Watching somebody struggle with bullshit puzzles makes me so wet!
Usually I can drink pretty well, I am Italian so wine flows through my veins.

I suck at puzzles and I would cut through the labyrinth with one of my collected machetes, then the minitaur would be no match gor my shortness since I would run under his girth and gut him like a pig, then I would come to you in my coutry boy pick up and open the passenger door and say "M'Lady" no fedora required.

Wazzy

Banned
I asked the dude how I knew him and he replied. It was worse aaahhhh. Quote for hidden direct copy paste. (It'd be all I need for him to stumble upon gaf by googling the text or something)

I can't y'all. Now that I replied to him he doesn't have to pay anymore right?

WTF

That's so damn creepy. Are you going to respond or just ignore his creepy ass?

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Wait, you mean we don't want to cut off their balls and make them our slaves?

So many of them want to believe that's what feminism is and it just sucks. There's a reason why feminism appeals to men and women. Because it takes each of us away from traditional standards and societal pressures and gives us freedom to be who we are comfortably.

Feminism helps men escape the ideas that men must be men, and that they have to be the muscle, the provider, the one without emotions, etc. I don't understand how anyone who sees these things could possibly turn away from the movement. It's so empowering for everyone who believes in it.

Usually I can drink pretty well, I am Italian so wine flows through my veins

Pfffft, wine. I'm all about german fruit beers. Strong, plenty of head, bitter aftertaste, and a good dark body, fill that pint glass high and stack 'em up!

open the passenger door and say "M'Lady"

Oh god! I...I think I just tasted bile! The car better have some good music playing inside to make up for that!

Ladies. I am crying in tears at this accurate portrayal of male Disney characters naked.

What your favorite princes look like naked.

The first comment killed me.

Gaston penis is hilarious compared to the bulky frame. The captions brings up a good question though. What do we prefer, showers or growers? There's a thread about creampies in Off Topic so I may as well ask rude questions!

Growers for me. Anticipation and build up! A shower is kinda like somebody spoiling an entire film for you before you see it! You already know what the end product is gonna be like right from the get go!

Also, since I know you're on this thread YesNoYesNoYESSSSSSS, makeup advice would begin with skin care! Good skin is the best canvas for good makeup :D

owo

... :< ive neglected my skin since forever. but i've heard the first step is to get a moisturizer or something.

water has been the only skincare product i've been using. and though i love my dad, he was really not a great source of education on this front.

what is the basic routine? actually?

my current routine is:
1. Wake up
2. Wash face
3. tie hair up
4. put clothes on
5. ????
6. BAZOOOOM

by bazoom i mean i go out of the house and work

then at night:
1. Came home from work
2. change clothes
3. Faff around for hours
4. Brush teeth
5. Sleep

When is skin supposed to be cared for????

Top Bottom