• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Fried chicken :D

Just finished it now. Watched Apt Pupil during dinner. What a weird movie !

YESSSSSSSSSSS

it is Thursday night here. so ready for Friday! omg !

Sounds like you've got a plan! So jelly that you can work from home. Hope enjoy~~~~

FRIED CHICKEN!

I'm phresh homie, yo, yo, yooo!

Note: Have to stop embarassing myself

Yo yo yo check one two!

I write this as I literally watch a webinar on a particular type of tax relief.

It's that time of the month and I'm in paaaaiinnn. ._.
It's so random, because I take the pill to control it (and for skin reasons) and still once it would hurt like a bitch and the other time it won't. It's frustrating.

:-( sucks. There's no sense to it at all.

Anastasia

Yo! How is everyone?

I'm doing great! My mom and I have decided we're going to move to California (Santa Rosa area), and have been looking at different houses, and thinking about how we should approach things financially (whether to rent or buy, etc.). We're hoping we can do it within the year.

It's so random, because I take the pill to control it (and for skin reasons) and still once it would hurt like a bitch and the other time it won't. It's frustrating.

:< i feeeel youuuu

for me, it's always painful but its very regular. month in month out. so im thankful for the regularity, i guess, but fuck that whole back sore, belly ache, joint pains thing. thankfully, with the pill, it's manageable for me.

hugs for koririri <3

I'm doing great! My mom and I have decided we're going to move to California (Santa Rosa area), and have been looking at different houses, and thinking about how we should approach things financially (whether to rent or buy, etc.). We're hoping we can do it within the year.

wowow huge decision but sounds exciting !!! looking at houses are always such a time sinker for me ... haha good luck, kath and mama-kath <3

iirate

Yo! How is everyone?

I'm on day 2 of my second water fast for the year, so I'm just trying to stay sane while waiting on tomorrow(which should be much better). I did one at the start of the year for 7 days and really enjoyed it, so I'm going to try one more before work and school pick up for me in a month or two.

Koriandrr

hugs for koririri <3

233361-cat-hug-me.jpg

Kimaka

Yo! How is everyone?

I had to pass up an offer to take a kitten in. I wanted it so badly but I can't afford a pet right now. It was so perfect too.

The pain suuuucks. Mine is initially really painful and levels out three days in. Its not as bad as it used to be but I hate having to go through it. I'm thinking about going on pills again so I only have to have a cycle four times a year.

*hugs*

Ibuprofen is the only thing that helps, in my experience. That and chocolate.

Anastasia

wowow huge decision but sounds exciting !!! looking at houses are always such a time sinker for me ... haha good luck, kath and mama-kath <3

Thank you~ ^^

Didn't realize the typo I made, but I meant to say within a* year (can't do it within the year because of school and other things). But yeah I'm so excited! The specific location we're looking at is pretty amazing too.

We would be 20-30 minutes from here (Bodega Bay):

(I've been here before; it's such a beautiful place.)

And about an hour from here (San Francisco):

There are still details we have to work out, but we're committing to it now. Some of the family even wants to move to Cali as well. There are a lot of reasons why moving here would be great for me and my mom, so I can't wait!

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Yo! How is everyone?

I'm great! Trying to stay cool since its so hot and I'm pretty deprived of sleep today but overall I'm pretty great.

I know how you feel. I take the pill to manage my period too and no matter what, cramps are a bitch. :(

Do you drink coffee? One of the best ways to ease cramps is to avoid coffee, drink plenty of water (avoid things that are too cold), and take pain killers.

Now for bloating, that's just something we gotta suffer through... *sobs*

Hope you feel better soon!

Koriandrr

I'm great! Trying to stay cool since its so hot and I'm pretty deprived of sleep today but overall I'm pretty great.

I know how you feel. I take the pill to manage my period too and no matter what, cramps are a bitch. :(

Do you drink coffee? One of the best ways to ease cramps is to avoid coffee, drink plenty of water (avoid things that are too cold), and take pain killers.

Now for bloating, that's just something we gotta suffer through... *sobs*

Hope you feel better soon!

Thanks everyone for the support! >.<

Also.... this may be an issue... as I'm a coffee addict! ._.

Kath, woooow such beautiful area! I'm super jealous :D I hope it will go well for you and your mom <3 It's a big decision but it sounds like it's the one you've been wanting to make for some time now.... so, all the bestest <3

On another note! YAY ITS FRIDAY \o/

Cat

No, it's fine. Basically, I was born with a birth defect (two uterui), that caused huge problems when I conceived, leading to three c-sections, the last of which nearly killed me and my daughter (she was almost two months early, was in the 'bad' uterus, things tore and yeah) and a nasty bout of endometriosis. Was told if I got pregnant again I'd likely not survive. They took the uterui out because of the heavy bleeding and endo, but left my ovaries, so no early menopause. Win/win.

Though my daughter did ask why I can't give her a sister :(

That's very sad and tough to go through, no doubt. I had different circumstances but also had to have a hysterectomy. It's not a price I'd willingly pay, aside from the threat of dying or other health reasons, for the result, but yeah, there are some things to not miss as a result.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
No, it's fine. Basically, I was born with a birth defect (two uterui), that caused huge problems when I conceived, leading to three c-sections, the last of which nearly killed me and my daughter (she was almost two months early, was in the 'bad' uterus, things tore and yeah) and a nasty bout of endometriosis. Was told if I got pregnant again I'd likely not survive. They took the uterui out because of the heavy bleeding and endo, but left my ovaries, so no early menopause. Win/win.

Though my daughter did ask why I can't give her a sister :(
Holy shit, that's brutal. Also, I had no idea this defect even existed. o_O

No Friday yet for me but I'll be drugged in this clinical trial tomorrow morning! I brought my laptop and my wacom tablet since I'm here just for the weekend though and have been sketching things since I got here, but my next Friday should be fun and filled with cheesecake. \o/

yaaaarrrhhhhhhhh

you sketchies so nicely <3333 this is what i drew last time. i still blame h.pro for it huhuhu

clinical trial :O hope it goes swimmingly <3

Fiction and Cat, you are very strong and incredible women <3

Fiction, your daughter sounds adorable :D Give her hugs from me :D

Cat

Fiction and Cat, you are very strong and incredible women <3

Thank you, that's kind of you to say.

Also, I forgot to answer the sploatee question of how everyone is when I have something good to share. My 14-month old daughter finally walked yesterday!

Thank you, that's kind of you to say.

Also, I forgot to answer the sploatee question of how everyone is when I have something good to share. My 14-month old daughter finally walked yesterday!

OMG that's adorable *____*... my mom said I was a bit late too...I didn't walk until I was almost 2 years old!

ishibear

is a goddamn bear
Cat, Fiction, you're both amazing women. <333

Edit: Omg LOL Yes and I were saying the same thing! (I should type faster *sobs*)

~~~

Ugh, I fetish topics on here. They make me very uncomfortable. I don't care if the world thinks fetishism is okay. I hold my head high and demand respect~ and get it. Because I'm not a human object and I refuse to be seen that way.

Doesn't hurt me so much that they think it's okay. I feel bad for the women who haven't been informed about how awful it is. I guarantee if more did, they would have a lot to say about it and stand against it too.

Cat, Fiction, you're both amazing women. <333

Edit: Omg LOL Yes and I were saying the same thing! (I should type faster *sobs*)

~~~

Ugh, I fetish topics on here. They make me very uncomfortable. I don't care if the world thinks fetishism is okay. I hold my head high and demand respect~ and get it. Because I'm not a human object and I refuse to be seen that way.

Doesn't hurt me so much that they think it's okay. I feel bad for the women who haven't been informed about how awful it is. I guarantee if more did, they would have a lot to say about it and stand against it too.

I stole ur thunder ishibearbear

HOHOHO

yeah. fetish threads. i juuuuuuuustttt cant with it today. i've been fetishized many times in real and i really dont appreciate it :x *grudge issue*

but i just cant deal with all of those "but its okay to be attracted to ~insert dehumanizing aspects here~ cuz it means i appreciatin' u gurl"

NOT TODAI

noooooo

(is a bit drunk atm. it's 20C outside, sunny and breezy and i had beer at lunch :x)

suzu

I feel like these Asian / minority threads always turn out similar. I mean, if some people learn something from it and change their pov -- that's good. Still a bit weary and tiresome. :<

Oh yeah, it's getting to be that time of the month for me too. The precursor being this giant zit that appeared out of nowhere..

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
O blimey. So much to read!

Exciting Kathryn! Looks absolutely gorgeous.

Fiction, Cat <3 and woo on the walking!!

InfiniteNine hope the trial goes OK!

We keep talking about having children (we have done for about five or six years now) but with my partner's rheumatoid arthritis and my own mental health ups and downs we've never made a decision about it. I think - think - I'd like to have more of a family but I'm not sure I'm mature enough. We have two guinea pigs for now :D.

Koriandrr

We keep talking about having children (we have done for about five or six years now) but with my partner's rheumatoid arthritis and my own mental health ups and downs we've never made a decision about it. I think - think - I'd like to have more of a family but I'm not sure I'm mature enough. We have two guinea pigs for now :D.

I have a kitten and I'd like to get a dog one day, when I can have more time to look after it.
Not a big baby person myself, but I'm still 23, people do say you change your mind at some point, though at this very moment I feel like I won't.

SmokyDave

You don't need to be mature to be a parent, Sploat. Responsible, sure, but maturity is for the terminally boring.

I have a kitten and I'd like to get a dog one day, when I can have more time to look after it.
Not a big baby person myself, but I'm still 23, people do say you change your mind at some point, though at this very moment I feel like I won't.
Argh, I fucking hated that about my mid 20s. Both me and my sister were adamantly against having kids, but it's one of those decisions that people will openly rib you for. That smug 'oh, you'll change your mind one day' used to really wind me up.

Fast forward ten years and me and my sister both ended up changing our minds and having kids (and it's the best thing that ever happened in my life), but that's not the point. It's not an inevitability, no matter how many well-meaning people tell you it is.

Still, those people were less irritating than the people we spoke to when the missus was pregnant. All anyone says is stuff like 'well, that's your life over!', or 'better enjoy your sleep / freedom while you still can!'. I know those people are exaggerating for comic effect, but when it's all you hear it can really grind you down.

Yrael

I very much doubt I'll have kids. I like to joke about how I'm going to wind up as one of those crazy cat ladies with 47 cats, all wearing an individually hand-knitted jumper.

When I first said that to my mum, she said:

"Don't be ridiculous. You can't knit."

...hurr.

I am not closing doors about kids, but with a closeted gf, and same-sex marriage is still unlawful in Australia, it's doubtful we will never be able to adopt / have kids

:x

It's super irritating when people say, "oh, you'll change your tune in time" etc. cuz fuck you people, i love a fellow girl person and things are tough for us in this society so just mind your own fucking business rawwwrrrrrrrrrr

of course what i actually say in reply is "yea, sure. anything can happen, given time. haha"

being the polite loser that i am

Aiustis

My boyfriend wants a kid. I don't mostly because I'm kind of indifferent, but I want to err on the side of caution. God forbid it's more than I can handle; the kid ends up dead and I end up in prison.

soepje

I'm 30 and we are expecting our first. I'm glad we waited until we were a bit older. It will be strange to go from just the two of us for so many years to suddenly having a little one in the house though.

And yeah, all those those wise words and comments from people about what we should or shouldn't want/do.. Honestly, if i want someones input on something i'll politely ask for it.

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
aaah so cuteee

i so jelly of 2nd genners ...;__;

i have such strong asian accents in my english even though its my only spoken language now... my accent is better these days, but still not quite like a native speaker's

I read a beautiful poem a while back by an Indian Englishman who wrote it in a kind of cross-dialect. The point of the poem was that it was 'his' language. It expressed who he was - both English and Indian - and both were beautiful.

I very much doubt I'll have kids. I like to joke about how I'm going to wind up as one of those crazy cat ladies with 47 cats, all wearing an individually hand-knitted jumper.

When I first said that to my mum, she said:

"Don't be ridiculous. You can't knit."

...hurr.

I heard the drum roll in my head!

I am not closing doors about kids, but with a closeted gf, and same-sex marriage is still unlawful in Australia, it's doubtful we will never be able to adopt / have kids

It's super irritating when people say, "oh, you'll change your tune in time" etc. cuz fuck you people, i love a fellow girl person and things are tough for us in this society so just mind your own fucking business rawwwrrrrrrrrrr

of course what i actually say in reply is "yea, sure. anything can happen, given time. haha"

being the polite loser that i am

Can you adopt without marriage down there? I don't know.

We're not same-sex married / civil partnered (you have a choice here) but I think we could still adopt. We might end up fostering tbh. We both have a background in working with abused / neglected / bullied children so seems like a natural thing to do. Maybe. If anything is ever natural :S

And by the way your last line made me chuckle. So the same here! I'll think I've said something dead rude and feel bad and it'll have been me apologising to them!

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
yaaaarrrhhhhhhhh

you sketchies so nicely <3333 this is what i drew last time. i still blame h.pro for it huhuhu

clinical trial :O hope it goes swimmingly <3

Thank you~ Your sketches are much cleaner than mine. *messymessy*

It's going alright and with the money I can finally get some of the products that Kori's been reviewing on her blog. o:

Samara

I've got a question!

Does anyone have experience with bleaching very long hair and keeping it alive? :p

I think the best procedure for this is conditioning the hair up the wazoo. Like a lot. Coconut,olive oil, deep conditioning. I really really redommend herbal essences hydralioucious (purple bottle).

Bleaching makes the hair super dry. And maybe not going from dark brown to marilyn monroe blond in a day is a good idea. Those l oreal one seems to get it right by not lifting too much color.

Ive bleached some extensions, but not my real hair...no i put black dye on top of my natural dark golden brown hair, then dark ash brow, then light ash blond twice in the same day! I just wanted it to go away
:-( , that broke my hair big time. Had to cut it.

Cat

I'm 30 and we are expecting our first. I'm glad we waited until we were a bit older. It will be strange to go from just the two of us for so many years to suddenly having a little one in the house though.

And yeah, all those those wise words and comments from people about what we should or shouldn't want/do.. Honestly, if i want someones input on something i'll politely ask for it.

Congratulations!

~~~

I always knew I wanted kids, just not that I'd have a partner one day to have them with, so that was good.

Anastasia

Why the US when she could come to Canada, with our universal health care and legalized gay marriage all over? :D

Canada is the bootleg version of freedom.

REAL FREEDOM exists in the United States of America, where we celebrate explosions and Mickey Mouse.

You can't deny the Stars and Stripes!

iINsj4PneSH8f.gif

Pau

Speaking of America, I got my American citizenship today after seventeen years or so.

They gave us a pocket edition of the Constitution and Kark has been following me around the apartment, reading it out loud.

Edit: And just as I wrote this, he turned on "America the Beautiful." <<

Anastasia

Speaking of America, I got my American citizenship today after seventeen years or so.

They gave us a pocket edition of the Constitution and Kark has been following me around the apartment, reading it out loud.

That is awesome. Congrats!

He should play something really patriotic, such as this. ;-p

Shots fired!

Y'all silly LOL

This battle will only end in the spilling of gravy and cheese curds. Who even eats "poutine" anyway?

When I typed out poutine, my autocorrect changed it to "routine." It didn't even recognize it as a word. Well, I think it's clear who the winner is.

You know legally, you're supposed to be saluting when that song comes on.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
OOH I HAVE ONE THOUGH. WE HAVE BETTER BEACHES.
I'll give you that one. So UHC and marriage equality vs beaches. Canada 2, USA 1. And since I don't care about beaches but certainly care about UHC, I declare this to be 3 to 0.5.
Also best sushi outside Japan :D

AMAZING ramen.
WHOA there, I demand evidence! Montreal and Toronto have amazing sushi places. Still 3 to 0.5.

....food.
You have New England clam chowder, but we have Oka cheese. Hmmmm. 4 to 1.5. :D

This battle will only end in the spilling of gravy and cheese curds. Who even eats "poutine" anyway?
I eat it.... once a year maybe. xD You guys have worse stuff, honestly, with your KFC double downs and the like.

When I typed out poutine, my autocorrect changed it to "routine." It didn't even recognize it as a word. Well, I think it's clear who the winner is.
Yeah well my autocorrect recognizes poutine (it does not, however, recognize the word "autocorrect", there's a squiggly line underneath it xD). And so does the Merriam Webster! I win!

>.>

I read a beautiful poem a while back by an Indian Englishman who wrote it in a kind of cross-dialect. The point of the poem was that it was 'his' language. It expressed who he was - both English and Indian - and both were beautiful.

Can you adopt without marriage down there? I don't know.

We're not same-sex married / civil partnered (you have a choice here) but I think we could still adopt. We might end up fostering tbh. We both have a background in working with abused / neglected / bullied children so seems like a natural thing to do. Maybe. If anything is ever natural :S

And by the way your last line made me chuckle. So the same here! I'll think I've said something dead rude and feel bad and it'll have been me apologising to them!

Yea, I guess I'll have to learn how to appreciate my Asian-accented English better, but yeah, it's just a thing I'm having issues with cuz it's not like I want to deny my Asianness (I like some of my original culture and the food and the people etc) but it's just that I want to integrate well and I consider myself Asian-Australian. I mean I still go back and visit my family every year so, definitely not letting go of my roots... just envious of 2nd generation Asians who speaks with perfect English

Some of my friends, even though they've known me for years, still sort of treat me with subconscious outsider-ness. I call them out on it, when it happens, and they'd apologise, but then they'd do it again. Subconscious can be a hell of a trip :x

In Australia, it's hard to adopt or foster a child if you are a single person. Since I am recognised as a single person, they consider me as not quite having the ability to provide a family for a child. Also, current domestic adoption process is intensely difficult cuz they are influenced by Christian-based values. One of my friends have difficulty of conceiving children of their own and they applied to adopt, and it was so intrusively weird how the process made them demonstrate that they have absolutely exhaust every channel to procreate their own offspring. But this was a few years ago, and maybe things have improved now.

Being in a country without same-sex marriage rights sucks, because it basically renders me into the 'Single' category for life.

But I guess the other hurdle is being in the closet. I can't come out as of yet because I think it will break my parents' hearts. So yeah. Such is woes of my life.

In any case, thank you for concern <3 I have much to be thankful for, as it is, so I try not to take what I've got for granted. I'm still in my twenties, so maybe, things and law will improve in the future and we'll see what's what.

:)

Sploatee, respects for you for wanting to foster difficult children, btw! o7 that's an amazing thing! I dont think I can do fostering properly. I have difficulty disciplining my dogs as it is. They are spoilt rotten ;___;

Haha, yea. I'm one of those people who just can't quite rawr-rawr-rawr in real without later feeling super guilty about it :> Glad to know I'm not the only one here XD

Thank you~ Your sketches are much cleaner than mine. *messymessy*

It's going alright and with the money I can finally get some of the products that Kori's been reviewing on her blog. o:

Your sketchies are so artistic *___* what proggy are you using, Infi? I use OpenCanvas, mostly.

Ooooo yay, shopping~ I love spending money too XD

=/

I'm really sorry.

Maybe you could immigrate here to the US with your GF :D ?!

<3 <3 <3

OMG BUNBUN WHAT HAVE YOU BEGUN

XD

wow sorry for long post ;__; i hope you guys carry on with this US vs Canada battle. It's epic and must be settled for truth and justice and freedom and love ........(and it's also hilarious XD)

o7

fight on, brave warriorz

omg grats, pau XD

and kark is so funny ... a true patriot to be sure o7

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk

Haha I missed this post until YesNO quoted it. So funny.

Top Bottom