• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
It's probably the most "girly" outfit I've got. The rest is just spikey armbands, baggy black combat shorts/pants, and metal and rock band t-shirts! This outfit is simple enough. Black denim halter top, black denim shorts, black belt suspenders underneath the shorts for added flare on the legs, lacey stockings and one each of these badboys on either arm. Can't see them in the picture though!
Link doesn't work.
About 5-6 inches I think. So yeah, they add a considerable amount of height. These are gonna be incredibely useful at gigs. No more climbing on my friends backs to get a good view of the stage!
....That's... mighty tempting now... how much did they cost, if I may ask? And how's the balance? So sick of stretching my toes and craning my neck and still not seeing shit at gigs!

Link doesn't work.

....That's... mighty tempting now... how much did they cost, if I may ask? And how's the balance? So sick of stretching my toes and craning my neck and still not seeing shit at gigs!

Link fixed. Well my friend made it in his spare time so I just paid him for materials used and bought him a few pints for his time. If you want to look for boots similar to this though, search for "frankenstein boots".

They actually seem pretty useful since I'm tiny. *looks into nut cruncher boots*
If you want to search for a similar type of boot, search for "frankenstein boot" or "frankenstein platforms". Come in all different shapes and sizes.

I always hate shaving the knee part, it's the most difficult spot for me. There's always an annoying strand left somewhere and I sometimes end up cutting myself a bit. Ugh

lol, after slicing up my knees a bunch I just gave up. The knee is the point where I stop shaving anyway :p

Behold, my new boots. Which I have dubbed "The Nut Crunchers"! Sorry for the shitty quality, took it at my friends house and the lighting in his house is awful!

svJq5qj.png

omg those look amazing. I am insanely jealous.

Random Thursday thing:

Two strange guys just walked by the front of the apartment (we're second to last in a row, so they'd have to actually walk in off the street and go a bit down the row of apartments to even get in the back like this), and beelined for the door as soon as they saw me working at the table. They didn't look like they were in any emergency need, so I shook my head and they turned away and continued on to the neighbor's (last house).

First thought at seeing two, er, meth-skinny (as they call them here) white guys wearing sports t-shirts and side-turned hats that don't live in any of these apartments walk by was that they're seeing who's home and knocking on doors to case the area (as they didn't have clipboards like for charities or anything else on them). No doubt I'm a paranoid over-imaginative person, but being home alone does nothing to increase my confidence in strangers, especially when the neighbors got a bunch of their stuff outside stolen last week and someone else saw a pair of junkies tossing needles in the grass out front recently. All a bit weird as it's a fairly nice area...

Anyway, just feeling mean and bit silly for turning away strange dudes without any cause besides potentially elaborate personal suspicions and niggling distrust of men randomly appearing in pairs. Anyone else have a similar experience...?

Random Thursday thing:

Two strange guys just walked by the front of the apartment (we're second to last in a row, so they'd have to actually walk in off the street and go a bit down the row of apartments to even get in the back like this), and beelined for the door as soon as they saw me working at the table. They didn't look like they were in any emergency need, so I shook my head and they turned away and continued on to the neighbor's (last house).

First thought at seeing two, er, meth-skinny (as they call them here) white guys wearing sports t-shirts and side-turned hats that don't live in any of these apartments walk by was that they're seeing who's home and knocking on doors to case the area (as they didn't have clipboards like for charities or anything else on them). No doubt I'm a paranoid over-imaginative person, but being home alone does nothing to increase my confidence in strangers, especially when the neighbors got a bunch of their stuff outside stolen last week and someone else saw a pair of junkies tossing needles in the grass out front recently. All a bit weird as it's a fairly nice area...

Anyway, just feeling mean and bit silly for turning away strange dudes without any cause besides potentially elaborate personal suspicions and niggling distrust of men randomly appearing in pairs. Anyone else have a similar experience...?

I dont know but when I was living out near Caulfield in one of those apartment complexes I got burglarized during the day. Was home alone and dude just came in and took my laptop computer. It was scary.

He was on his own though. Big guy, with beard, and he was wearing shirt and business pants.

Good bye laptop o/ I moved out straightaway after that. Can't feel quite secure anymore.

:<

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
I dont know but when I was living out near Caulfield in one of those apartment complexes I got burglarized during the day. Was home alone and dude just came in and took my laptop computer. It was scary.

He was on his own though. Big guy, with beard, and he was wearing shirt and business pants.

Good bye laptop o/ I moved out straightaway after that. Can't feel quite secure anymore.

Wow, that is fucked up. Awful to say but I'm glad he only took the laptop and didn't do anything worse... :(

Wow, that is fucked up. Awful to say but I'm glad he only took the laptop and didn't do anything worse... :(

Ya. I think he was startled cuz he kept knocking and I was pretending there was no one home.

Then he came in and I came out from room and he fled. But ya, I'm grateful nothing worse happened. It was during the day, like at 3 in the afternoon.

I got dogs now. They make me feel safer... haha :>

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Aww, I hope you have a nice new laptop and glad you're safe. <3 I make sure the door is locked all the time but roommates leave it open sometimes so I have a lock own my own door too.

Yikes. *_* See, that's the kind of thing I fear happening, especially when it's 2 vs. 1 and you open the door. So sorry you had to experience that. Did he say anything? You'd think daytime robbery is pretty ballsy, but it's apparently not uncommon at all. Glad you're out of that place.

Having grown up in a not so great area I'm pretty suspicious of everyone I'm not familiar with so I think it's fairly normal.

It feels bad to be so suspicious when they could be just knocking on doors for some harmless reason (I still can't imagine what that reason might be if not for money or mischief, unfortunately), but being cautious is rarely a negative, I've found.

Yikes. *_* See, that's the kind of thing I fear happening, especially when it's 2 vs. 1 and you open the door. So sorry you had to experience that. Did he say anything? You'd think daytime robbery is pretty ballsy, but it's apparently not uncommon at all. Glad you're out of that place.

It feels bad to be so suspicious when they could be just knocking on doors for some harmless reason (I still can't imagine what that reason might be if not for money or mischief, unfortunately), but being cautious is rarely a negative, I've found.

No, he was surprised and just took off without a word x___x

Yea, it is more common than I thought! Im glad you stayed safe hpro~ :>

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Quite the meltdown going on in the Naruto community at large it seems. Shipping wars about to come to a head.

Yea, it is more common than I thought!

That's why I always keep a large kitchen knife, and a meat tenderizer hammer handy in my bedroom in case a stranger breaks in. I've had a few break-ins over the last decade or so, and I've managed to scare off or injure all of the home invaders I've had so far. One poor bastard crawled in through a small window I have in the kitchen that I had open by accident, heard it from upstairs so I got up, grabbed the hammer and knife from my wardrobe and headed down. As soon as he saw me with the weapons he tried to crawl back through the window, managed to grab his leg and jam the knife into the back of his calf a few times before he kicked me in the face and got free.

Rang the police, and they took the details off of me. An hour later they ring up and tell me they found the guy in the emergency room of the local hospital with the exact injury I described. Apparently he was a common theif around our area, and the police had been after him for years. Have had no trouble after that. Had to thouroughly sterilize the kitchen worktop after that though. Don't want blood anywhere near where I'm preparing food!

That's why I always keep a large kitchen knife, and a meat tenderizer hammer handy in my bedroom in case a stranger breaks in. I've had a few break-ins over the last decade or so, and I've managed to scare off or injure all of the home invaders I've had so far. One poor bastard crawled in through a small window I have in the kitchen that I had open by accident, heard it from upstairs so I got up, grabbed the hammer and knife from my wardrobe and headed down. As soon as he saw me with the weapons he tried to crawl back through the window, managed to grab his leg and jam the knife into the back of his calf a few times before he kicked me in the face and got free.

Rang the police, and they took the details off of me. An hour later they ring up and tell me they found the guy in the emergency room of the local hospital with the exact injury I described. Apparently he was a common theif around our area, and the police had been after him for years. Have had no trouble after that. Had to thouroughly sterilize the kitchen worktop after that though. Don't want blood anywhere near where I'm preparing food!

You sounds so awesome like some kind of an action hero :D

I only have the dogs for now, and they are not even as 'beast mode' as Fiction's dog but thankfully my only experience was the single break-in incidence happened to me :> Glad they caught your perp though!!!! Sounds like he has been terrorising the area D:

Souls to devour.

XD your dog is so awesome *____* I wanna cuddle it and hug it and be its best friend *_____*

i love it when they do their crazy faces. The ones that are so full with personality <3

H. Pro, this is why I have a huge dog. Being alone in the house most of the time, it's comforting to have a dog that's alarm bark sounds like a damned beast from hell.

I love that photo. A lovely dog! "I'm keeping an eye on the situation, honestly!". Even the best need their beauty sleep.

Well done. As I see it: they would not have been hurt if they hadn't bloody well tried to break into your property.

I don't think I will list the 'weapons' I have in our house. Each room is outfitted with something including a my personal favourite: a wooden plank with cobwebs, dust and rusty nails. It is a by product of refitting the airing cupboard. I liked the look of it so rather than throwing it away...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S02AFoXIZeY

I live in the UK; if I had done what you did I would be the one in deep shit. We have to exercise discretion if someone breaks in, you see. You know, evaluate if they are a fucking rapist and or/murderer by sitting them down and asking them a set of questions.

I would never think twice at protecting myself and the animal companions in our house even if it meant spending the rest of my days locked away.

I live in the UK; if I had done what you did I would be the one in deep shit. We have to exercise discretion if someone breaks in, you see. You know, evaluate if they are a fucking rapist and or/murderer by sitting them down and asking them a set of questions.

I would never think twice at protecting myself and the animal companions in our house even if it meant spending the rest of my days locked away.

I live in the UK as well. I was lucky enough to get a couple of policemen come to my house who were pretty understanding. My face was a bit scuffed and bruised from where he kicked me with his boots before he escaped, so they said they'd put it down as self defence and took pictures of my face to back up that claim. Never got another call about it after the original call to say they got him.

I live in the UK as well. I was lucky enough to get a couple of policemen come to my house who were pretty understanding. My face was a bit scuffed and bruised from where he kicked me with his boots before he escaped, so they said they'd put it down as self defence and took pictures of my face to back up that claim. Never got another call about it after the original call to say they got him.

So they should have been and so it should be put down to self defence.

Wanker got what he deserved.

someday

Banned
Souls to devour.
Thanks for that image. My first good laugh of the day. Amazing dog and a cute kid to boot!

Bad. Ass.
Well done.

That's legit hardcore. I would have just screamed and screamed while running around.

H.pro I agree with other posters suggesting you get a dog. You would never be alone in the apartment and serve as an alarm to any potential intruders. Whatever dog or doge you want I think the most important thing would be if it got along with your cat (if you still have a cat I dunno >< )...having to choose sides in their quarrels gets nerve racking.

You aren't alone H. pro.

I don't even like opening the door for the FedEx guy.

Somewhat on topic, what do you gals carry for personal defense, if anything? I've got little thing of Sabre pepper spray on my key chain that I've never actually discharged. I fidget with it all the time. One of these days I'm going to accidentally blast myself in the eyes with it.

I've been trying with the idea of carrying a small firearm for personal defense but a part of me thinks that's just dumb.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Well I took martial arts when I was younger or rather my friend was trying to start a club at our school and used me as a test subject for lessons and I also carry around a switchblade with me.

You aren't alone H. pro.

Somewhat on topic, what do you gals carry for personal defense, if anything? I've got little thing of Sabre pepper spray on my key chain that I've never actually discharged. I fidget with it all the time. One of these days I'm going to accidentally blast myself in the eyes with it.

I've been trying with the idea of carrying a small firearm for personal defense but a part of me thinks that's just dumb.

I dont carry anything :x Car key? I guess.... that's the only thing cuz well, I drive everywhere haha :>

It's only dumb if you don't get the proper training to use it and even then it's iffy carrying something that powerful that can be used against you if they manage to take it. A knife, spray or maybe a taser are more practical.

Kisaya

I really want to take kickboxing classes. My friend has been doing it for a few months and she can really beat some ass *_*

Off topic, have any of you girls experienced yellowing teeth? I've been dealing with it for a while but it's really getting to me now, and it's not getting any better. I brush twice a day (once if I happen to forget) but I don't floss. I know that's pretty much the problem but I'm wondering if I'm doing anythinf else wrong??

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I started getting yellowing teeth but after some research I've started brushing with activated charcoal for a while and it's been getting progressively whiter.

No, he was surprised and just took off without a word x___x

Yea, it is more common than I thought! Im glad you stayed safe hpro~ :>

I doubt I was in any real danger, but it did produce a moment of 'I wish the world wasn't this way' feeling. Why should I have to have an undercurrent of fear/wariness all the time? Given the amount of harassment women get, women being disproportionately targeted for all manner of crimes, and general shitiness of people sometimes, it's hard not to think the worst. :p

H. Pro, this is why I have a huge dog. Being alone in the house most of the time, it's comforting to have a dog that's alarm bark sounds like a damned beast from hell.

Yes! I want to get a big dog very much! We want three, in fact, as soon as we actually have space for some. For the moment, I'll just have to throw the fat cat at any intruders to delay them while I get a nice kitchen knife. :D

Yours is super cute, btw. <3

*_* I really like the imagery of you striding down the stairs with a hammer in one hand, knife in the other like some kind of avenger. I'm glad you were OK in the end. I'd hesitate to really damage someone else because everything seems so litigious these days, though. It's like criminals have more rights than those being attacked/burgled sometimes (in the states, anyway). Happy the cops were on your side.

H.pro I agree with other posters suggesting you get a dog. You would never be alone in the apartment and serve as an alarm to any potential intruders. Whatever dog or doge you want I think the most important thing would be if it got along with your cat (if you still have a cat I dunno >< )...having to choose sides in their quarrels gets nerve racking.

Will totally get one (or a few...) when I can. I love Dobermans and German shepherds, but the husband is a bit wary of them from some childhood thing. Bah. I want me a sleek Doberman. I'll name him "Hot Pie" because it'll sound great growled out when I need him to teach bad guys manner. :)

Get 'em, Hot Piiiiiiiiie!

I think Pod would be OK with a dog as well. Schmootz... might be harder...

You aren't alone H. pro.

It's hard not to think bad thoughts sometimes, right? :(

For personal defense, I used to carry pepper spray, but I don't walk out much since I'm swamped at home with work right now. I do have a nice hunting knife by my bedside and a hatchet on the hubby's side. He thinks I'm crazy, but if someone breaks in I want something.

We had a guy just walk into our hotel room when we were in New Zealand at 4 am and just stand there in the dark looking at us for a minute before we flipped on the light and dealt with him. While it turned out OK (he was too drunk/drugged to be much trouble for us), after we escorted him out I was left with an uneasy feeling because there really wasn't anything in the room to use as a weapon. These days I'm not going to be in that sit again. We may not be so lucky next time, after all.

EDIT to add: I'd LOVE one of these puppies much more than a knife or spray or gun. Sadly, they're uh, not quite legal in many places.

Telescopic Steel Baton

telescopic-steel-baton12805993764c546550bf33c.jpg

Don't think I don't have my reasons. Certain people on this very forum have contributed to them.

What the shit? Seriously?

Schmootz was nearly eaten alive by fleas and was shaved and had embarrassing photos taken of him. I'm sure a big dog is the least of his worries at this point. :p

Top Bottom