• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I'd rather not get too deep into it out in the open.

Not much that can be done. Stuff that was talked about anonymously, stuff that happened almost 10 years ago. I'm just going to do my thing and try to be smart about what I post.

hypernima

Banned
^ Yeah, what people sometimes don't realize is that, especially in gaming forums, just being a female poster means that **everything** you post/say is potentially dangerous and can backfire on you.

I don't mean some people by you, the poster.. I mean.. people in general. Even guys who think girls are just over-exaggerating harassment, don't realize how scary it can be.

People do INSANE shit, like find out where you live, dig up shit in your past, call your parents.... all because you're a female and they don't like you for whatever reason.

Bleh.

Citing Devolution.
God I remember when I was fairly new and still lurked GAF and a saw a post by some Folioodsfiosrgjk Viridium dude about how much he despised her.
Was some sickening shit.
Very noiding shit when people do that online.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
And there are people that think women are just being drama queens and the world is perfectly fine, sexism and harassment against women do not exist. And that feminists need to calm down and go to middle eastern countries or other third world countries. *facepalm* I've had people tell me that more than once.

Okay GirlGAF I've been put in a situation as a friend that I don't know what to do, hoping for some advice.

So my best friend has been really unhappy in her relationship lately, and she's been relying on me to vent. That''s fine, no issue or anything, But the more she vents, I keep getting the feeling that it borders on a verbally abusive relationship. I know when she beats her boyfriend in games he loses his shit, and when she beats him in non-video game activities he'll call her "slut" or "whore" and not think anything of it. She admits it annoys her but says it's easier not to say anything. Then when I told her to talk to him about this stuff, her response was "He'll just get mad" which raised some red flags that I'm not sure are justified at this point. The guy has serious trust issues too, and this is the first long term relationship she's ever had.

I'm mainly concerned firstly about her, but I also think if I go too hard on the truth she'll think I'm just jealous, because at one point I did have feelings towards her wanting to be more than friends, but when she spelled it out that she didn't feel the same way I left it at that and moved on. It was never really brought up again after that but it's just stuck in the back of my head.

So, do I tell her what it really sounds like, just listen when she needs someone to listen, or what? I'm way more used to helping out my guy friends than my female friends when it comes to relationship stuff, and I'm at a loss. Sorry for the wall of text, but I feel like I have the guy perspective down and have seen how GAF generally responds to threads asking such questions. If it's not appropriate I apologize.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I can't do MMO's sadly I get really bored fast with them for some reason the longest I made it was 3 months with RO and that was mostly because I bothered paying for that many months.

Kimaka

I used to play but dropped it after wotlk. Like every expansion after wotlk, I'll probably get the new one and play it for about a month or two before stopping. I find it hard to keep up with the changes they keep making. My druid plays completely differently each time I try to come back.

Kinsei

Banned
I tried to get into WoW once about 3 years ago but it never clicked. I think I tried to get into it too late since there was hardly anyone around my level when I played.

I never got into WoW :<

Im only on TERA ..... which I kinda miss..... lately.

Aaah well :>

Haloid, I think its hard to advise this or that. Seems like she's in a complicated relationship but it's difficult to say what you should or shouldn't do

I think just be there for her as much as you can, but try not to enable her if you see signs that she's in an abusive relationship.

GL

I can't do MMO's sadly I get really bored fast with them for some reason the longest I made it was 3 months with RO and that was mostly because I bothered paying for that many months.

mm, same here. You hit that point when you're grinding and it's just not that fun anymore. Plus I used to do MMOs with friends, and there was always one person who would get waaaay ahead in levels. I don't like paying monthly subscription costs anyway.

I FIGHT FOR THE HORDE #hashtag #ohblizzard #youretryingtoohard

Any bunnies I come across are now dead meat!

Edit: Calling you out =P lol

BIcBuCc.jpg

Kisaya

Wait what? :|

. . . wat ._.

I don't really have a relationship with my family right now, and I've been couching for the past 3 months until I can finish school. Hopefully after I graduate this May I can really get started on living a life on my own. Not literally on the street homeless though >.< sorry!

My favourite MMO was always Ragnarok Online. <3

Haha, this was my first. Lots of memories playing on private servers with my close friends.
Remember being excited for RO2????lmaooo

Pau

I've never really played an MMO. I bought FFXI back when it came out, but my computer couldn't run it, and I didn't understand anything about video cards and upgrading.

I wonder how different my life would be if I had actually been able to play. :p

i now ship bunbuns and joshjosh in WoW-verse, you two are so cute whyyyyyyyy

assman boobman thread. i saw title. i didnt click in. i am wise :>

\o/

Koriandrr

My favourite MMO was always Ragnarok Online. <3
I more or less grew up on RO. I loved it so much.
Now I get the same feels from FFXIV. I love it :)

I get home and LOL MALE GAF BOOB MAN OR ASS MAN.

fall1.gif

I don't see anything wrong in having a preference of which is more important to you in a person, what you find more attractive, or admiring beautiful ones...and even discussing it...but something about the idea that you're either a "boob man" or an "ass man" still feels like, to me, reducing value to ... *this* physical asset or *that* physical asset.

Maybe I'm just being too sensitive. It's not the topic I have a problem with, it's the way it's phrased (and usually phrased).

Though the replies in there have been surprisingly civil so far. Just waiting until women's bodies start getting compared to monkeys, beachballs, and other animal/inanimate objects.

Yeah I was a bit like... how come I don't get to be a boob girl or ass girl...
Ohwell. For the record - I'm into a nice balance. Nice hourglass shape, like Scarlett Johansson.

I used to prefer boobs over ass, but that's been changing, leaning more towards ass over time, as I've realised how much hard work a nice booty needs. So I have more respect for women with that bouncy 'squats butt'.

Hahaha <3333.

Shipping us together.. now that would be nice. A love story that DOESN'T end in the same predictable way, and instead ends with us in a death match against each other.

THE HORDE SHALL PREVAIL. /rp

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

it will end with an epic death match with an epic bunny victory >:D

... i donno much about the horde :< but I'll just think of them like the zergs cuz I love them and SO THE ZERGHORDE SHALL PREVAIL

\o/

Leeness

Ooh, yes, this was my first taste of MMOs. Ruined my academic life. I spent my high school classes creating lists and outlines of what I needed to farm... haha.

I learned to code AthenaSQL just for running my own private server. Custom NPCs and modified maps to form player housing, yay <3!

Hahahaha yes, RO was when I learned about all nighters. I also remember trying to play and download updates on DIAL UP. Lol.

Haha, this was my first. Lots of memories playing on private servers with my close friends.
Remember being excited for RO2????lmaooo

Lmaoooo, RO2, yeah. Would rather just play the original.

I more or less grew up on RO. I loved it so much.
Now I get the same feels from FFXIV. I love it :)

:D!

My RO friends~

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
I think not having friends to play with is a big problem. I was pretty cool with PSO2 but non-japanese understanding friends had trouble and gave up till it gets released in the US. (lol)

Dice//

Banned
I get home and LOL MALE GAF BOOB MAN OR ASS MAN.

fall1.gif

I don't see anything wrong in having a preference of which is more important to you in a person, what you find more attractive, or admiring beautiful ones...and even discussing it...but something about the idea that you're either a "boob man" or an "ass man" still feels like, to me, reducing value to ... *this* physical asset or *that* physical asset.

The only thing that irks me is that there was a SUPER easy way to make the topic inclusive to everyone. FAVOURITE FEATURE ABOUT SAME/OPPOSITE SEX/done.

As for Online games, none of my friends are gamers so I've basically been on the long crusade making 'online gaming buddies'. Which isn't bad, but dammit I wanna geek out in real life too! D:

sploatee

formerly Oynox Slider
Hello. What's everyone playing these days?

It sounds so MMO in here! I don't know how I could do it. Destiny nearly ruined my life I got so addicted to it.

Anastasia

The only MMO I have been playing recently is DCUO, and I have no idea what I'm doing in that. It has Kevin Conroy's voice in it though, so I keep coming back. :p

Hello. What's everyone playing these days?

It sounds so MMO in here! I don't know how I could do it. Destiny nearly ruined my life I got so addicted to it.

I recently got back into Destiny. I'm trying to get beyond a 24 and it's really hard. I need better gear, but I keep ending up with shitty gear that's worse than what I currently have. :-(

Top Bottom