• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

besada

Banned
Nope.

Those look pretty, though! Does she know what color she wants?

Is she going to dye the rest of her hair to match?

Electric blue, and just her pits.

Edit: By the way, given that icarus-daedalus abandoned me, if anyone needs to notify a mod about an issue here or elsewhere, I'm happy to get the PM.

besada

Banned
Can we get a picture, possibly, of how it looks after?

(Also, what color is her hair naturally? I'm trying to imagine what it might look like with blonde head hair versus brunette versus redhead versus black.)

Ha ha, no. She doesn't do pictures on the internet. She's blonde, though.

Saw this in the Splatoon plaza lobby today.

mHyncrQ.png

Gave me a right ol' chuckle.

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
Always been a lurker on here *waves* but just had to say that arghhh the dyed pits look kind of cute. I recently died my hair pink I want everywhere else to suit it now :eek:

Aw, thank you for the warm welcome! I've seen the phrase used to describe excessively wholesome, Guardian-reading types who eat organic quinoa, and wear kaftans and Birkenstocks - and I rather liked it!

Always been a lurker on here *waves* but just had to say that arghhh the dyed pits look kind of cute. I recently died my hair pink I want everywhere else to suit it now :eek:

Welcome! Pink hair is so pretty - alas, my job wouldn't allow it. Maybe give it a try - it's easily shaved off if you change your mind. :)

squarerootofpie

Neo Member
Hiiiiiiiiya~

XAdFtVM8diKmQ.gif

Aw, thank you for the warm welcome! I've seen the phrase used to describe excessively wholesome, Guardian-reading types who eat organic quinoa, and wear kaftans and Birkenstocks - and I rather liked it!

Welcome! Pink hair is so pretty - alas, my job wouldn't allow it. Maybe give it a try - it's easily shaved off if you change your mind. :)

^_^

Yeah, my work wouldn't normally either! However I took holidays off for a 4 day festival, and it coincided with my boss being off work for 2 weeks after (we're a tiny office!), so I just left it in and it's slowly coming out hehe. Unfortunately I'd have to bleach my underarms to get them pink, and I'm super scared of how it'd react as my hair is darker there than on my head, but maybe when winter comes and they grow I shall try and dye them. Perhaps even a festive green and red...

Pau

Hello to the new folks in the thread. :)

I've been spending the past two months at a summer research program with a cohort of ten other students. It's a good group and I don't dislike anyone, but it's kind of disappointing that a lot of the girls in it always talk about how they don't like girls as far as things like friends, teachers, etc. go. Also the "fake girl nerd" thing.

It's one thing to hear it from men, but I always feel uncomfortable and sad when I hear such internalized misogyny from other girls close to my age. :(

So generally I really hate buzzfeed but this article was just a bit too relatable:

http://www.buzzfeed.com/mlew15/21-t...oo-real-h0se?bffb&utm_term=4ldqpj6#.mm61Bgbz6

I have no idea why this 'only boys can help with the lifting' thing is so prevalent, but I remember being told I should leave the lifting to the boys in early primary school when we were all basically the same size. Even now when I'm smaller than most people I can still lift things!

Hello to the new folks in the thread. :)

I've been spending the past two months at a summer research program with a cohort of ten other students. It's a good group and I don't dislike anyone, but it's kind of disappointing that a lot of the girls in it always talk about how they don't like girls as far as things like friends, teachers, etc. go. Also the "fake girl nerd" thing.

It's one thing to hear it from men, but I always feel uncomfortable and sad when I hear such internalized misogyny from other girls close to my age. :(

Jeez that is really depressing :/ It sounds like they don't like having girls as friends, maybe all their friends are MRA dudes?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Jeez that is really depressing :/ It sounds like they don't like having girls as friends, maybe all their friends are MRA dudes?

Depending on the crowd they grew up with in middle school/junior high/high school, I can see why some girls end up feeling that way. I have a few friends who preferred hanging with guys because they didn't want to deal with the high school drama BS.

Amalthea

Banned
I have no idea why this 'only boys can help with the lifting' thing is so prevalent, but I remember being told I should leave the lifting to the boys in early primary school when we were all basically the same size. Even now when I'm smaller than most people I can still lift things!
That was a thing too here in school. -_-

Depending on the crowd they grew up with in middle school/junior high/high school, I can see why some girls end up feeling that way. I have a few friends who preferred hanging with guys because they didn't want to deal with the high school drama BS.

mmm, I guess I can understand that.

I personally went to two high schools, and had mostly female friends at the first and then pretty much all male friends at the second, mostly just by coincidence. But after a few years of people going "Shan, you need to make female friends!" I started thinking I must have had some kind of problem and felt awkward trying to make female friends because I thought I really needed to. It didn't help that it was around the same time I started to realise I was bisexual. Anyway, nowadays the split is probably around 60/40 dudes/ladies but it doesn't really matter to me.

suzu

In school it was easier for me to make friends with guys due to common interests but, most of my friends were/are girls.

lil

I wish the girls I hung out with in high school cared more about fashion and makeup and boys.

I learned a lot of things in college.... lessons I really wish I learned younger.

@____@

(Imagine all the awkwardness of 'finding yourself'... IN COLLEGE.)

/megacringe
Hahaha, I SO feel that. Anything I do know about that stuff, I know from YouTube and blogs. eek.

Pau

Are they young? If so don't despair, they might grow out of this mentality. I certainly did. ^^
They're about two to three years younger than me. 21. Maybe they'll grow out of it.

I guess I don't understand because I definitely did not grow up with boys being nice towards me despite having very similar interests. They didn't want an ugly girl nerd around. :p

So yeah, I've never identified with women who have a problem socializing with women, or claim that they do. ("All my other friends are guys!!" they say to me.)
Yeah I think that's the weird part for me? That they're sitting in a circle of only girls, hanging out with mostly girls, but then talking about how much "other" girls suck and how they don't actually like girls?

It's particularly weird too because we're all training to be college professors, but some shit on female professors for being women. I try to bring up the irony there but I feel like they just kind of look at me like I'm crazy or lying when I say I don't have any issues with my teachers because of their gender.

Leeness

I guess I don't understand because I definitely did not grow up with boys being nice towards me despite having very similar interests. They didn't want an ugly girl nerd around. :p

Thiiiiiis. There were guys as a part of the group of nerds, but they were dating all my female nerd friends haha.

Nowadays, just female friends and their boyfriends by proxy. Haha.

I also never really got the "you can't because you're a girl"/sexism/being scared of groups of men growing up either. I think most people saw me either as a guy or a non-entity. I still have no fear of going out at night on my own or walking around on my own (unless it's a noticibly bad area that anyone should be afraid of lol) because... I don't think there's anything for me to be afraid of.

I guess I didn't have a typical "girl" upbringing.

lately playing dota I've noticed a lot of people keep calling their team-mates boys. "good work boys" "glhf boys". It's annoying me way more than it should. Haven't actually said anything though since the only time it was brought up (by a friend I was playing with) no one believed me and then said it was the reason we lost :/

iirate

lately playing dota I've noticed a lot of people keep calling their team-mates boys. "good work boys" "glhf boys". It's annoying me way more than it should. Haven't actually said anything though since the only time it was brought up (by a friend I was playing with) no one believed me and then said it was the reason we lost :/

Anytime I'm assumed to be a guy in WoW, I reply saying that I wasn't aware that there are guys on the internet.

It's a snarky response, and probably not the best one, but the theory is that it at least will make the person consider that the internet isn't just a boy's club, while not coming across as overly condescending.

suzu

Some people want to preserve or still think video games are a boys' only club.

Typically I won't say anything either but, sometimes I'll mention it if the people I'm playing with don't seem the type to fly off the handle.

So the Fifty Shades franchise may be terrible thinly-veiled Twilight fanfic that is damaging to the public perception of BDSM and blablabla, but if there's one good thing that ever came of it it's definitely the slowed down remix of Bey's Crazy in Love that they used in the trailer. It is actually incredibly sexy and completely changes the tenor of the original song (an upbeat and poppy summer jam) and I can't stop listening to it.

Better than the original tbqh.

The entire soundtrack is ace and definitely the one good thing to come out of it. Earned It is still a jam. Salted Wound is incredible even if Sia's indecipherable warbling is getting a bit tiring at this point.

Tash

This. I feel really awkward with other girls (the reason I don't dare posting much here but am lurking constantly). I was bullied something really bad by other girls while boys always were super nice (or at least I knew from the getgo when they didn't like me because they tell it straight to your face). Throughout my whole life many times when I thought I was friends with girls, it always turned out that they were trash talking me really badly behind my back while pretending to be friends. Obviously it didn't help that I had completely different interest (climbing trees, I was quite a tomboy and video games, DnD, Computers, etc..)

That did lead to me trusting and feeling comfortable around men much more than women. In my first job I had a woman as a boss and she was a real bitch. Incredibly competitive and treated me really badly for no reason. After that I started to work in all men's teams (not out of choice, it just happened) and I felt much more comfortable.

I still feel that whenever I meet a woman that I could be friends with they will not like me and end up just being mean..it's a real issue for me. So yeah..also, there is still a lot of the "high school drama" going on when you get older..and I just can't deal with that crap.

cdyhybrid

It's a meme that originates from a pro player's stream (I think).

Secret.Arteezy (aka RTZ) if you're wondering. "We fuckin lost boys" as soon as the game starts, etc.

This. I feel really awkward with other girls (the reason I don't dare posting much here but am lurking constantly). I was bullied something really bad by other girls while boys always were super nice (or at least I knew from the getgo when they didn't like me because they tell it straight to your face). Throughout my whole life many times when I thought I was friends with girls, it always turned out that they were trash talking me really badly behind my back while pretending to be friends. Obviously it didn't help that I had completely different interest (climbing trees, I was quite a tomboy and video games, DnD, Computers, etc..)

Pretty much sums up my opinion and history on girls as friends for the most part. Difference with me is that I grew up in an all-male household apart from myself. Mother up and left my dad with my 3 brothers and me, and he didn't chase her for any support, deciding to tough it out and support his 4 kids with a minimum wage job. Can't blame him with the way the courts treat single fathers sometimes. Lower class living and playing and living with 3 boisterious boys shapes you into a tomboy, who knew?

I just feel like men in general are simpler to understand, and generally are more trusting. Very few women ever become close friends with me, I can count those on one hand!

someday

Banned
I'm older but most of my best friends are women. I grew up with mostly guy friends but at a certain point, that changed. I know some really great guys, and one of them included in my "best friends" category. It saddens me to see so many of y'all with negative feelings about having other women as friends.

Biggest laugh I've had all week!

Jimquistion: Mass Effect 3: A Gay Erotic Love Story

Love Jim Sterling's content but I've never seen this video, glad I did. Fucking hilarious, had me laughing all the way through. Seemed to be a pisstake of all the people who hated on Bioware for adding gay relationship options in ME3 A few of the highlights!

"His hands slipped over the bulge of his scooby-doo pajama leggings"

"The mental image of Shephard chowing down on some tumescent turian treetrunk was too much for him, and the mass effect fan had to surrender himself to his carnal urges."

"It was time for the vinegar strokes now. Images of shephard pounding Wrex in his bright green anus, while a particularly rude Hanar wriggled a tentacle up his own chocolate gaper."

"He would close down Origin, shut off his computer, go to bed and drive this horrible nightmare from his mind, until at least, until the morning, when he would wake up....WITH A MASSIVE GAY WOODY-ON!!"

Top Bottom