• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Eusis

H. Protagonist had a girl baby, see above pics.
Fiction quit neogaf entirely.
Backslashbunny is trying not to get perma banned but the OT is Constantly full of threads about politics and racism, so....
And the neogaf boys have no idea that periods last more than a day, and think a single tampon can be worn for the whole time.

So, kinda the same.
Aw man, I didn't know that about Fiction, and that thread was a pretty sad moment to witness as a guy.

And congrats on your child, H. Pro!

Yrael

I'm trapped in the house recovering, feeding the mini-me, and my computer is still at the hospital (oops), so thought I'd abuse the thread, my iphone wi-fi, and pop into say that the baby happened.

Meet Mia, the one who gave me cupcake rage all the way back when in this thread. \[-_-]/

Congrats on the mini-me, er, mini-you!

H. Protagonist had a girl baby, see above pics.
Fiction quit neogaf entirely.
Backslashbunny is trying not to get perma banned but the OT is Constantly full of threads about politics and racism, so....
And the neogaf boys have no idea that periods last more than a day, and think a single tampon can be worn for the whole time.

So, kinda the same.

so many ladies have left gaf due to crazy OT threads :'( I had to take a big break from gaf because of the raging I was doing > <

I'm trapped in the house recovering, feeding the mini-me, and my computer is still at the hospital (oops), so thought I'd abuse the thread, my iphone wi-fi, and pop into say that the baby happened.

Meet Mia, the one who gave me cupcake rage all the way back when in this thread. \[-_-]/

omg! OMG! :D
that's one pretty baby but I didn't expect anything different. also Mia is a kickass name! <3

Aiustis

I like it when I see a fresh baby that doesn't look like a troll. Because then I just refrain from saying anything. Congrats.

PS. I have about 80 tabs and this comment got lost.

Swamped

Banned
birth control? play mafia 24/7 no time for births

also, great for figure

srry, i have no ideas, swampie :D

i love it. I can already feel a six-pack forming from all the mafia XD

I always read those topics in OT and gaming and never reply because I'm just not as eloquent as some of you here. But maybe I should because sometimes lots of people post a similar opinion, and it gets taken as 'the truth', when in reality that may not be the case at all!

Aiustis

i love it. I can already feel a six-pack forming from all the mafia XD

I always read those topics in OT and gaming and never reply because I'm just not as eloquent as some of you here. But maybe I should because sometimes lots of people post a similar opinion, and it gets taken as 'the truth', when in reality that may not be the case at all!

Go for it.

Just wanted to say again, congrats on motherhood H. Pro! ^.^ Wish to be one myself, someday, heh.
If I may ask, how did you decide on the name Mia?

And I don't mean to change the subject but I saw this topic and I get the feeling we got another Tax Female Hygiene topic on our hands. "Sort out your bodily functions". Though it's not blowing up as much so maybe it'll go largely ignored.

Thanks, Ekai. It's been an interesting first week to be sure. I think it's a pretty cool life experience, though, so when you're ready, go for it! Then post about your cupcake rage here. :)

For the name, we wanted something short and sweet and easily pronounceable for Japanese people. My husband and I both do work there, so I imagine trips will be fairly frequent and in the off chance she'll need to attend school there, it's a weirdly important thing (from what we've seen working there). We'd also considered Kai as an option, but "Mia Victoria ____" just worked better. (she was born in Victoria, Australia, so we wanted a connection there)

And sorry to have missed out on more female hygiene hullabaloo. Last topic was hilarious. In the saddest way possible.

I would love to! But if I stick to my "Life Plan" it will probably be at least a year until we decide to have a baby. I kind of just want one NOW but it's probably better overall if we wait a little bit lol.

Speaking of which, does anyone here have experience with the birth control implant? I've used the mini pill before (which has the same chemical) and it's been fine for me. From friends I've heard good things about the implant, but apparently one of the side effects is weight gain...and it's taken me so long to get to where I am, don't want to ruin it!

A year will go fast and it might take some time to conceive. Def not something anyone needs to rush into, though. Good luck~ :)

Oh shit I forgot about this place

Hi

You've returned to a terrible place. OT's been special of late.

Congrats on the baby, H. Pro! <3 *hug*

And welcome back, Dragonz! *double hug*

Thank ya, Nudull~

Aw man, I didn't know that about Fiction, and that thread was a pretty sad moment to witness as a guy.

And congrats on your child, H. Pro!

Cheers, Eusis!

Congrats on the mini-me, er, mini-you!

Thanks! Who she minis after is yet to be seen, though. I think she has my nose, at least (which is good because her dad has a very strong feature there. :D)!

omg! OMG! :D
that's one pretty baby but I didn't expect anything different. also Mia is a kickass name! <3

Haha. Is she? All newborns look pretty weird, IMO. Like wise and/or drunk tiny old men. I think she has the start of the nice clear features, though. How she'll flesh out remains to be seen... dun dun dun.

And cheers on the name. My husband is ace at naming babies. All my suggestions were...bad. ;_;

I like it when I see a fresh baby that doesn't look like a troll. Because then I just refrain from saying anything. Congrats.

PS. I have about 80 tabs and this comment got lost.

Aww, thanks, Aiustis. I don't think she looks too bad, but babies look pretty odd(?) in general, I think, and people tend to err on the side of kindness when commenting on them, so my husband and I are keeping any hopes in reserve and waiting to see what she fill out like from month to month. :)

Congrats Hpro :D
For the name, we wanted something short and sweet and easily pronounceable for Japanese people. My husband and I both do work there, so I imagine trips will be fairly frequent and in the off chance she'll need to attend school there, it's a weirdly important thing (from what we've seen working there).
How do feel about her going to school over there? Are you planning to teach her Japanese? :3

i feel you shanshan~

i've stopped replying / participating in OT threads altogether recently

:x

but sometimes i can't stop myself still

ahaha same here ><

The most rage inducing threads always happen right before I have something important due too..

Haha. Is she? All newborns look pretty weird, IMO. Like wise and/or drunk tiny old men. I think she has the start of the nice clear features, though. How she'll flesh out remains to be seen... dun dun dun.

And cheers on the name. My husband is ace at naming babies. All my suggestions were...bad. ;_;

she really is! [edit: pretty I mean] not even kidding. she has so much hair already!
haha what were your suggestions?

Super happy for H.Pro on the cute baby. Super sad about Fiction, one of my favorite posters on GAF. :( Really liked hearing her thoughts on stuff.

Has anyone experienced something like this? With my sexuality, I've had a very different experience, but it's been something I've always heard about, not from any people I knew personally, but asides mentioned in gossip among my company.

Leeness

Has anyone experienced something like this? With my sexuality, I've had a very different experience, but it's been something I've always heard about, not from any people I knew personally, but asides mentioned in gossip among my company.

Yep. I've stopped ever looking for a partner, but when I thought I wanted to date, these were the only guys I wanted to date (and they never wanted anything to do with me).

This still continues, but with guys I want to be friends with lmao.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Damn that article was on point. 100% truth the whole time.

And then fucking Cosmo ruined it by popping this intrusive shit right as I scrolled to the end (note the irony of the content of the pop-up):

j7RixnU.jpg

GG, Cosmo....

ruxtpin

Banned
Hi ladies - I read the OP, but was wondering if I might get your perspective/thoughts on relationship issues. I didn't want to bombard you with a big spill though, so I figured I'd ask.

ruxtpin

Banned
It deals with a marriage ultimatum. We are in counseling, but since she delivered it I'm still not sure what to think about it.

Yeah, I mean, not my thread but generally it's looked down upon lest this thread turn into a "all the guys of NeoGAF ask girls about relationship problems"

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Thousands of women on social media get death and rape threats and as we all know, police are useless.

But threaten a statue? Why, this won't do!

SMH

Bonus part: the statue isn't even of a famous late player or coach or anything, it's... the CEO of Rogers, the cable company who owns the stadium. lol, stupid tone-deaf Rogers

Aiustis

Thousands of women on social media get death and rape threats and as we all know, police are useless.

But threaten a statue? Why, this won't do!

SMH

Bonus part: the statue isn't even of a famous late player or coach or anything, it's... the CEO of Rogers, the cable company who owns the stadium. lol, stupid tone-deaf Rogers

Wonder if that puts us higher or lower than dogs on the list of priorities...

That statue must be pretty expensive for the police to respond to an online "threat"! I'm curious as to why a non-sports personality has a statue up though instead of a sportsman.

Serious question - should I make an OT thread about abortion rights in the US?

I'm starting to get seriously worried about the lack of chatter about the current, slow erosion of abortion rights due to states passing ridiculous bills, some which are currently being brought to the SCOTUS, and others that surely will.

I would like to read your perspective on it and many others on GIRL GAF as well.

I'am very worried about it as well.

Also congrats on getting engaged, hon.

As a dude, you are very fascinating person. Also, I do not get to speak to many asian girls on the internet all that often.

Serious question - should I make an OT thread about abortion rights in the US?

I'm starting to get seriously worried about the lack of chatter about the current, slow erosion of abortion rights due to states passing ridiculous bills, some which are currently being brought to the SCOTUS, and others that surely will.

Yeah sure, why not? If it's a relevant subject and you want to discuss it then it couldn't hurt to put one out I guess. Just don't be surprised if a few extreme viewpoints pop up. Abortion discussions seem to bring out all sorts of people from out of the woodwork.

In other news, just got Pokken Tournament and my Hori Fight pad! Setting up a night of booze, pizza and fighting game tournaments so I can't wait to see what my friends think of this game, also got Killer Instinct, Smash Bros, and Guilty Gear Xrd set up as well!

mhfOJ35.jpg

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
The abortion is issue is maddening. And no one is looking because of all the bullshit going on. Indiana's new bill in particular is AWFUL.

I tend to stay out of the conversations though because I am sick of arguing with cavemen.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
The abortion is issue is maddening. And no one is looking because of all the bullshit going on. Indiana's new bill in particular is AWFUL.

I tend to stay out of the conversations though because I am sick of arguing with cavemen.
Same. It's so exhausting. :( Go for it though, that seems to be a legit serious issue. America be fucked.

That said I don't know if an OT will stay open. They wouldn't let us have a Feminism OT because it was "too political" or something... -_-

Eusis

I'm sure cavemen had a better idea what happens with a woman's body than many of these modern republicans seem to. Or a good chunk of men period nowadays it seems, unfortunately.

Misha

Banned
Same. It's so exhausting. :( Go for it though, that seems to be a legit serious issue. America be fucked.

That said I don't know if an OT will stay open. They wouldn't let us have a Feminism OT because it was "too political" or something... -_-

maybe if it wasn't labeled OT? I'm pretty sure theres a lot of threads meant to encompass discussion jumping off from a few articles that deal with specific issues and aren't shut down.
I guess the main differences is expecting consistent discussion and updates? if its just to inform I don't think it would have the same problem
idk its sort of a guess

and the Microsoft thread in Gaming side rn is going quite poorly, not that thats surprising -_-

Eusis

and the Microsoft thread in Gaming side rn is going quite poorly, not that thats surprising -_-
As exasperating as that gets at least a large contingent do go "no this is a dumb thing." It's probably why I stick around whereas pages of people going cheering that on with only a few dissenters would probably be hard to put up with.

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Alright I did it y'all:

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?p=198619192 for the curious

Time for me to head out. Take care~
Great work! Thank you for this.

Couple of nitpicks/typos I noticed that you might want to edit::

Under a Texas law, passed in 2013, abortions may only be performed (1) by physicians who had “admitting privileges” to a hospital within 30 miles of the clinic, and (2) in an “ambulatory surgical center.” These restrictions are not put on
Text gets cut off at "put on"

STATE: Ohio / BILL: HB / SUMMARY:
Passed and signed law by Kaisch. (Yes, he's no matter, no matter how bad Cruz/Trump look.)
Typo in Kasich's name, and "he's no matter" probably meant to say "he's no moderate"?

Just some minor typos that I caught. ^^ Great thread, will try to participate despite not being American. As a Canadian seeing my neighbours going downhill like this breaks my heart.

Top Bottom