• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

I got a stomach bug and my boobs have started to shrink ;.; This is the worst.

Don't think there's anything like that around here, just regular thrift stores, but my mom found a bunch clothes someone threw out from a garage sale on the side of a road. I got a bunch of jeans, shorts and sweatshirts out of that. Some really nice stuff too. I don't know why you would throw all that out.

One of my friends who lives in a ritzy area of town found a great camera in working order with several different lenses, probably thrown out because it was last year's model. People are weird, but I'm not complaining :p

fireside

So girlgaf I basically got my fall wardrobe and more for less than 20 bucks yesterday. Timedog's friend Jess took me to a Goodwill Outlet (basically the place where stuff that hasn't been distributed or doesn't sell ends up), it's called "the bins."

goodwillbins11.jpg

A lot of the stuff is unwashed and there are definitely some odors but if you can get past that kind of shit, like I did, you basically can buy clothes by the pound (89 cents if it's over 25 lbs). I got a couple t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, 2 skirts, 2 pairs of lounging around cotton pants and knit sweaters/overcoats. I'd say the value of everything is well over 150 since a lot of the stuff I picked up was barely worn or even new.

My mom and I walked into a Goodwill like that once. We walked around for about 2 minutes then sheepishly walked out.

My mom and I walked into a Goodwill like that once. We walked around for about 2 minutes then sheepishly walked out.

There are some weird types in there for sure. Like the people who wait in long lines for the "newer" bins and go crazy once it's placed. Then there are the really shady looking people, I never had my basket or purse less than 5 feet away. I swear some people go there, buy some shit and take it to a pawn shop for crack money.

Has anyone ever run into people who actively go out of their way to bash your relationship because you so happen to make more money/be the bread winner? It's so fucked up. I don't date for money.

Haven't had that experience. But I have seen the you're-not-engaged-yet-what's-wrong-with-you.

FyreWulff

So girlgaf I basically got my fall wardrobe and more for less than 20 bucks yesterday. Timedog's friend Jess took me to a Goodwill Outlet (basically the place where stuff that hasn't been distributed or doesn't sell ends up), it's called "the bins."

goodwillbins11.jpg

A lot of the stuff is unwashed and there are definitely some odors but if you can get past that kind of shit, like I did, you basically can buy clothes by the pound (89 cents if it's over 25 lbs). I got a couple t-shirts, long sleeve shirts, 2 skirts, 2 pairs of lounging around cotton pants and knit sweaters/overcoats. I'd say the value of everything is well over 150 since a lot of the stuff I picked up was barely worn or even new.

We used to have one of these near where I lived. It's gone now, but also where I got my indestructible desk that I used for my computer before I moved. I got it in like.. 2006? It's still in one piece and doesn't look a day older than when I got it. Solid wood top with metal legs. 3$.

edit: the thing these monitors are sitting on

oCaFRl.jpg

I looked it up once and the table originally sold for 200$ or so.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I have no experience with birth control, but I tried tea tree oil for the first time about a month ago and that's probably worked better than anything I've tried that was meant to treat breakouts. It either made the zit stop completely and go away, or made it significantly smaller. I was surprised how well it worked, but I'm sure it works different for everyone.

i actually tried some last night (well, a toner with tea tree oil in it) and today my skin looks way better. was not expecting that!

Oh that's horrible. I tend to go off it every 6 months but thankfully never have any issues. My suggestion would be to drink lots of water to flush the skin. Also found pawpaw ointment works pretty well for pimples.

i drink quite a bit of water as it is, i try to get to 2 litres a day or around that. you are right, it makes a big difference in your skin. i'm hoping this is just some weird hormonal flare-up that will disappear soonish!

There's definitely a reason virtually all women that train for aesthetics (whether they be competing in a bikini, fitness, or bodybuilding division) have fake breasts. Getting to a low bodyfat means less chest.

As a fun, light-hearted aside to that discussion.

I got a kick out of this Beaton comic.

This is awesome.

i actually tried some last night (well, a toner with tea tree oil in it) and today my skin looks way better. was not expecting that!

i drink quite a bit of water as it is, i try to get to 2 litres a day or around that. you are right, it makes a big difference in your skin. i'm hoping this is just some weird hormonal flare-up that will disappear soonish!

I believe benzoyl peroxide is the fastest way of treating acne, but chances are that your hormonal levels will "normalize" eventually and clear up your skin naturally.

She's losing weight. Fat gets consumed because she's not eating.

If there's ever a plus to be gleaned from having a stomach bug and puking your guts out for a week, it's that you gain some killer abs PDQ.

Naturally, that's all you gain, because you're too damn weak to enjoy them.

If there's ever a plus to be gleaned from having a stomach bug and puking your guts out for a week, it's that you gain some killer abs PDQ.

Naturally, that's all you gain, because you're too damn weak to enjoy them.

Yeah the abs people go gaga for are actually fat levels that are far too low. It's disturbing lol.

Al-ibn Kermit

It's kind of creepy to see a woman with chiseled abs.

There's definitely a reason virtually all women that train for aesthetics (whether they be competing in a bikini, fitness, or bodybuilding division) have fake breasts. Getting to a low bodyfat means less chest.

Volleyball players have relatively low percentage body fat and they look very, very healthy. Keeping to a low body fat while still having a good figure is definitely possible as long as you're not trying to weigh as light as a feather.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
it's weird, my boobs are completely unaffected by weight loss or gain. i can fluctuate 10 lbs either way and they don't change. i wish i could just lose a bunch of weight to make them smaller, but i can't :(

Zoe

it's weird, my boobs are completely unaffected by weight loss or gain. i can fluctuate 10 lbs either way and they don't change. i wish i could just lose a bunch of weight to make them smaller, but i can't :(

Could have been hormones from the pill too.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
Could have been hormones from the pill too.

that's a good point, but when i think back to the times when i was not on the pill, they were the same size. i would be thrilled if they shrank a bit now that i've stopped, though! we shall see.

I've lost 10kg in the last 3 months and my boobs didn't change one bit :( was hoping they'd shrink down a bit. Damn E cups -_-

Don't be silly. Big boobs are a blessing.

I have never had a dramatic change of weight, so I've never seen any dramatic change in them. I could swear some days they feel bigger tho.

Lucian Cat

Kissed a mod for a tag; liked it
Don't be silly. Big boobs are a blessing.

I have never had a dramatic change of weight, so I've never seen any dramatic change in them. I could swear some days they feel bigger tho.
They've always been big. Maybe when I tone up more they'll shrink a bit. The bf will be devastated haha

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
Mine went up a cup when I gained a bit of weight a few years back. Now no matter what I do they don't lose or gain fat. I'm not that big to begin with, I'm only 34D and even then sometimes I wish they were a cup smaller like before. 34Cs are just perfect, imo!

JambiBum

Ehhhh

I can't complain too much cause they don't cause any health problems, but it sure does make clothes shopping a bitch.

My gf had to have a reduction a couple of years ago because they were causing back problems. She went from an E down to a C. She has a small frame so they ended up causing her a lot of pain for a while.

Inanna

Not pure anymore!
hello gurls

ibttTpVwncpIp.gif

today, i have come to the thread to bring you news of Jessie Ware's new alberm, Devotion, which comes out in less than a week!

however...

Jessie Ware was kind enough to post a stream of it on her Soundcloud so that everyone could get some solid listens in a week before release! she's too sweet and we're not worthy. ;_;

soooo...
+
if you needed some new music to chill to, just click that link and check it out!

iTtdBNYq2Kh1x.gif

Oh, I like it. Its very house-ey type music which I like!

http://i.minus.com/ibtFTquVbz3UZR.gif[IMG]
Well, this thread had a good run.[/QUOTE]

Why? Nothing wrong with a bit of pop music. And that's coming from a person who primarily likes rock, heavy rock and metal.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
My gf had to have a reduction a couple of years ago because they were causing back problems. She went from an E down to a C. She has a small frame so they ended up causing her a lot of pain for a while.

how did she fare with the surgery? i've looked into it too, i'm a size DD/E but with a very small frame and i suspect that my breasts are the cause of my chronic neck ache and tension migraines. when i googled breast reduction though i got scared off because the photos are pretty grisly, and there can be some bad/strange side effects.

i found out recently that for the longest time i was wearing the incorrect bra size and got fitted for bras that offer better support, but no dice. i'd love to live without these annoying as fuck neck aches. :(

Ezalc

I have a friend with big breasts and a really small frame. She also says her back hurts constantly and wants a reduction but can't get one because it's expensive. How much does it cost?

She's losing weight. Fat gets consumed because she's not eating.

Well I figured it was something like this I just didn't think it was so bad.

It's unfortunate that breasts are usually the first to go when you're losing weight :'<

I was going to say that this depends on the person but I see that has already been established by other posters.

cloudwalking

300chf ain't shit to me
I have a friend with big breasts and a really small frame. She also says her back hurts constantly and wants a reduction but can't get one because it's expensive. How much does it cost?

if you're doing it for cosmetic reasons you have to pay out of pocket which can run you several thousand (here, anyway, don't know about the US). if you're getting a reduction due to health related reasons insurance should foot the bill... or at least most of it. a doctor usually has to run tests to determine that it's really your breasts that are causing you chronic pain and it's not due to some other factor. i believe they also take breast weight vs. your body weight (minus the breasts) into consideration.

Ezalc

if you're doing it for cosmetic reasons you have to pay out of pocket which can run you several thousand (here, anyway, don't know about the US). if you're getting a reduction due to health related reasons insurance should foot the bill... or at least most of it. a doctor usually has to run tests to determine that it's really your breasts that are causing you chronic pain and it's not due to some other factor. i believe they also take breast weight vs. your body weight (minus the breasts) into consideration.

Where is here? Anyways, that sucks. I didn't think it would be that expensive, but then again anything health related is expensive as hell in the US I could easily see it cost a few thousand.

Zoe

Even if you can get it declared as medically necessary, if you want to get the 5-star treatment (and from what I've been told, you do because it's hell), you're going to have to go to a plastic surgeon who is very unlikely to be in your insurance network.

Ezalc

Even if you can get it declared as medically necessary, if you want to get the 5-star treatment (and from what I've been told, you do because it's hell), you're going to have to go to a plastic surgeon who is very unlikely to be in your insurance network.

I'm almost afraid of asking what the 5 star treatment is and what the other stars would be.

i come in here like once every i-don't-know-how-many weeks, and this time it's to turn your attention to an album that i think girl-gaf might like.

now i know better than to bother with it in the future.
It was a joke, since I know you are associated with PopGAF.
Good music is good music. You don't haft to be a stuck-up snob to not enjoy pop music.
My issue is with PopGAF's shtick, not the actual music. I'm not much of a music snob, not my area.

Leeness

when i googled breast reduction though i got scared off because the photos are pretty grisly, and there can be some bad/strange side effects.

Lol yep. I was looking into a reduction at one point and saw pictures and descriptions of the procedure and I was just like NOPE. My back and neck hurt but never enough to justify that! Haha.

Lol yep. I was looking into a reduction at one point and saw pictures and descriptions of the procedure and I was just like NOPE. My back and neck hurt but never enough to justify that! Haha.
You shouldn't let that dissuade you. If you have problems that weight loss won't resolve, it's probably worth looking into.

Samara

My weight is roughly back to normal already. Goodbye amazing abs, I'll miss you...
It's the same the other way around. A lot of tops I like usually need moar bewb :'/

same problem here ;.; I remember trying on the cutest dress I have ever seen and being completely devastated when it sagged at the front. I felt really inadequate. Mostly I'm pretty happy with my boobs, but sometimes they kinda let me down :p

I've been fitted for bras several times, but nothing ever seems quite right.

Top Bottom