• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Eusis

What I'd like to try are cranberry oatmeal cookies. Saw the premade dough in the store and realized that I'd probably really like oatmeal cookies more with those than with raisins.

Raisins are straight. I eat Raisin Bran Crunch and Bread Pudding. Both of those will get fucked up by me.

Oatmeal cookies on the other hand - Nah ah, that's old people food.

Sibylus

Banned
What I'd like to try are cranberry oatmeal cookies. Saw the premade dough in the store and realized that I'd probably really like oatmeal cookies more with those than with raisins.

Cranberries and any kind of berry are better than raisins. I need to try a blueberry choco chip cookie.

Media

Just wanted to say hi and that I love you all

xUsAjME.gif

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Raisins are straight. I eat Raisin Bran Crunch and Bread Pudding. Both of those will get fucked up by me.

Oatmeal cookies on the other hand - Nah ah, that's old people food.
Terrible person spotted

In funnily related news I just got back from a friend's house where a bunch of us girls made and ate decorated Christmas cookies all night! (No raisins to be had, fortunately)

Media

Oatmeal Raisin cookies are alright. I don't tend to like super sweet stuff so it's right balance for me.

Fresh, hot of the over chocolate chip cookies always hit the spot though.

Platy

I would never understand why people would choose to trade chocolate for raisins

It is like Panettone ... you can choose a version with raisins and candied fruit OR you can choose chocolate.

gmb9ZYe.jpg

Ykz2TQy.jpg

HOW can you not choose the chocolate one ?

Media

I used to have to take these chemo shots once a week and they made my mouth have this horrible dirty penny flavor in it, so I bought a ton of werthers just to overpower that lol

I just came back from taking my mother out to dinner for her birthday. When that check came and I saw $55 I said "Damn!" in my head. Had me checking the check to see if they added a third person. Gratuity costs and shit.

That's like a third of my paycheck. Hopefully when I start this new job next time I'll be like "that ain't shit".

shiba5

Aren't they caramel tho?
Or are you talking About something else entirely

They have both kinds. Caramel is awesome, but the ones my grandmother always had were the gross butterscotch ones. I should check which ones my mom has.
We also had those bowls of hard candy where you try to pick up one and the whole lot of them are stuck together.

Zaphrynn

This is insanity. I'm fine with raisins, but chocolate chips are waaaaaaaaaay better.

And Werther's are bad ass, especially the kind with filling.

besada

Banned
those are really nice spoons

.... i wanna learn woodwork now :<

Spoons are pretty easy if you use fresh, green wood. Check spoon carving on youtube. The only tricky part is the bowl, and all the trickiness vanishes with a hook knife, which you can pick up for $25. The ones pictured are all dry wood, which take a little more work, since they're a lot harder. So I used both power tools and gouges to shape the bowls.

https://youtu.be/DUJVMpUHbOc

This is Jill Swan, a woman wood carver, showing you how to make a spoon from log to spoon. Depending on what tools you have, there are a bunch of different ways.

Those are nice spoons. I could use some new ones. Just saying...
Where would I purchase such a spoon?

I'm setting up an etsy after the holidays to sell some of my stuff, but you don't have to wait until then:
https://www.etsy.com/search/handmad...evant&view_type=gallery&ship_to=US&explicit=1

Spoons are pretty easy if you use fresh, green wood. Check spoon carving on youtube. The only tricky part is the bowl, and all the trickiness vanishes with a hook knife, which you can pick up for $25. The ones pictured are all dry wood, which take a little more work, since they're a lot harder. So I used both power tools and gouges to shape the bowls.

https://youtu.be/DUJVMpUHbOc

This is Jill Swan, a woman wood carver, showing you how to make a spoon from log to spoon. Depending on what tools you have, there are a bunch of different ways.

oooooooh * ___ *

thank ye, kindly :D

Top Bottom