• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

shiba5

I keep trying to post and it won't let me.

WTF? Now it's working.

It's a good thing you're a shiba, I hear they play video games all the time

F1BcQHX.jpg

Zaphrynn

I think he is just Wolverine as a Banana

Also, as a bonus ... how could I forget the worst pokemon design ever :

Ub76kWa.jpg

Saddly could not find on a 10 second google search an eggsecute cosplay that was not a gijinka =P

Lmfao omg

wasn't there some streamer that had a cgi shiba inu that would talk and play cs

Omg that sounds amazing.

Ladies, I got so much candy and chocolate this holiday. And I drunk ordered a cast iron skillet and a baking book while watching Ratatouille. I'm gonna be in a sweets coma.

I don't want to post in the Watership Down thread because I feel like I'd be stirring up the hornets nest but, man... fuck Watership Down.

On the one hand, I can't help but admire many aspects of the book. On the other, I can't be the only one who felt gross about it's portrayal of sex/gender.

On another note, thank you to all of you who've had me in your thoughts. The moral support I've gotten from people here has been amazing and I can't tell you how much it means to me. I'd knit you all sweaters if I had the time and knew how to knit. So just imagine the warm feeling of a knitted sweater and imagine that I made said sweater and that the warm feeling you're imagining came from me.

Just go with it, I'm on Vicodin.

WaffleTaco

Wants to outlaw technological innovation.
Where do y'alls buy socks? It's getting to the point where I'm kind of tired of just getting like two pairs for like $12 and need to buy quality socks in bulk. I was at JC Penny's earlier with $15 in credit and they were only caring men's and I was like what the hell why. Tons of underwear, pjs and robes, but no socks...

olympia

costco will have packs of five for 10 iirc. they have, like, okay quality socks. i got some dkny ones that feel pretty good

*shrugs*

i got a pack of 5 nike socks in a white elephant. i consider that a comeup

Where do y'alls buy socks? It's getting to the point where I'm kind of tired of just getting like two pairs for like $12 and need to buy quality socks in bulk. I was at JC Penny's earlier with $15 in credit and they were only caring men's and I was like what the hell why. Tons of underwear, pjs and robes, but no socks...
I prefer tight socks and find women's socks to get stretched out too fast. I buy boy's socks at jcpenney. I've had some sets for years now. I'll rotate by buying a bunch of whites and then switching to black to keep track of how old they are. I've had older pairs finally stretch out, but none have holes in them.

Just finished watching this movie called Kids after seeing a brief clip with Rosario Dawson. It's entertaining and I liked the parts with Rosario and the other girls more, but there was a lot of dumb shit. It's mostly centered around these two wiggers who too scared to say nigga around black folk, but say it around each other and then there's a really uncomfortable rape scene at the end. I was getting into it, but they had to ruin that shit.

shiba5

Mineshaft, I read where you said you didn't understand why you could feel pain and numbness at the same time. I have chronic nerve damage in one leg and my nerves are literally frayed and fibrous so they are constantly misfiring and giving mixed signals - like severe pain for no reason. I also get numbness at the same time some times. I think they get so overwhelmed with signals that they don't send the right message to the brain. Like, "Send pain! No, you idiot, we're numb! Pain! Numb! Pain! How about "hot"? OK!" (I like to anthropomorphize them as little assholes.)
I'm super sorry for all that you're going through and hope you are feeling better soon.

Misha

Banned
I think I might have mentioned it in chat but I'm looking for a new bag but having issues knowing where too look

I'm looking for probably a canvas cross body bag (preferably no leather). My current one is around 15" x 13" x 5" and id like one at least as big I think(could at least use more pockets). Issue is I'm having trouble finding things at that size and I have no clue of the quality of random things on amazon.

Soooo what are good sites and manufacturers to check out?

I think I might have mentioned it in chat but I'm looking for a new bag but having issues knowing where too look

I'm looking for probably a canvas cross body bag (preferably no leather). My current one is around 15" x 13" x 5" and id like one at least as big I think(could at least use more pockets). Issue is I'm having trouble finding things at that size and I have no clue of the quality of random things on amazon.

Soooo what are good sites and manufacturers to check out?

Chrome bags, Timbuk2, Manhattan Portage, Filson, Tom Bihn, REI. These bags are all made of high quality, technical fabrics, and while many have great design, they aren't necessarily fashion-forward. If that matters. They're all also relatively expensive, but entirely worth it, IMHO.

Timbuk2 is probably the most approachable, with the largest variation and choice of customization, but expect to spend $150-200 for a bag that will last a minimum of a decade with daily, heavy use.

Misha

Banned
Chrome bags, Timbuk2, Manhattan Portage, Filson, Tom Bihn, REI. These bags are all made of high quality, technical fabrics, and while many have great design, they aren't necessarily fashion-forward. If that matters. They're all also relatively expensive, but entirely worth it, IMHO.

Timbuk2 is probably the most approachable, with the largest variation and choice of customization, but expect to spend $150-200 for a bag that will last a minimum of a decade with daily, heavy use.

Thanks for the suggestions

They all seem like they would get the job done but yeah I'm looking for the bag to look fancier since I want to essentially be able to use it as a purse too (in addition to work/laptop bag, overnight bag, etc)
What I've been looking for is kinda in the area of some of these: 1 2 3 4

But most of them are from places I'm not familiar with or dont focus on the crossbody strap (sometimes having backpack straps instead for some reason or having more of a briefcase look with the straps)

Some of the filson ones were kinda in the area I'm looking for but were a bit too expensive to male compromises in design tbh

I would ask this in the dating thread, but it's mostly men in there and I don't think they know where I'm coming from. I never been a relationship with someone and I think it's due to how people treated me because of my sexuality in high school. I would like to talk to another woman, but it's just something in the back of my mind that makes me feel like I'm going to offend the person, so I haven't most of the time and the couple rare occasions I get embarrassed not so much because she might say she's straight or whatever it might be because she's underage. I think I'm terrible at telling age.

I just wondering if there some kind of way I can get past that. I'm tired of being lonely.

iirate

I would ask this in the dating thread, but it's mostly men in there and I don't think they know where I'm coming from. I never been a relationship with someone and I think it's due to how people treated me because of my sexuality in high school. I would like to talk to another woman, but it's just something in the back of my mind that makes me feel like I'm going to offend the person, so I haven't most of the time and the couple rare occasions I get embarrassed not so much because she might say she's straight or whatever it might be because she's underage. I think I'm terrible at telling age.

I just wondering if there some kind of way I can get past that. I'm tired of being lonely.

I don't really have anything to add here, but I'm in a similar situation. I'm extremely passive and put up a lot of boundaries myself, which makes it really difficult to date. Every time I've clicked with someone and have had those feelings reciprocated, I've found a reason to run away.

I'm not very outgoing, but I also don't really have problems making friends when I want to. It just feels like I'm built to sabotage my chances at a lasting relationship and I want to stop.

Leeness

I get you, totally. I don't really know what to say though--I've resigned myself to never having the kind of relationship I'd want, so there won't be any. 🤷

Mineshaft, I hope she's not banned for too long :(

shiba5

I get you, totally. I don't really know what to say though--I've resigned myself to never having the kind of relationship I'd want, so there won't be any. 🤷

Yeah, with everything she's going through I feel like they could cut her a little slack.

Platy

The year started with the killing of 12 people near where I live ... later it was discovered that it was a dude, who before the shooting posted a ridiculously sexist text on facebook with the classic MRA shit complaining about her ex-wife. "kill all the bitches" he ended the text. The 12 people he killed, 9 were women, including his ex-wife and their son. Dude killed himself afterwards.

The latter he posted on facebook was published full in most news sites around here without any criticism. The ammount of people saying "i only didn't do anything like that because I don't have a gun" and shit like that is just .... =/

Damn you 2017 ... you were supposed to be different from 2016

The year started with the killing of 12 people near where I live ... later it was discovered that it was a dude, who before the shooting posted a ridiculously sexist text on facebook with the classic MRA shit complaining about her ex-wife. "kill all the bitches" he ended the text. The 12 people he killed, 9 were women, including his ex-wife and their son. Dude killed himself afterwards.

The latter he posted on facebook was published full in most news sites around here without any criticism. The ammount of people saying "i only didn't do anything like that because I don't have a gun" and shit like that is just .... =/

:c

RIP

And that's a shitty way to start the year... What are you doing 2017 ;__;

Morrigan Stark

Arrogant Smirk
Those 2016 memes were always dumb. Trump got elected, but he's going to be president in 2017. So it's obviously not going to get better on that front. Celebs died, but more will die again in 2017 too.

Sorry to be "that guy" but yeah, as someone who actually had some truly shitty personal stuff this year and who has personal reasons to hate this year, I just find the meme to be stupid. 2017 is gonna suck too by all that reasoning. :/

PInk Tape

Banned
Mineshaft :( Come back soon <3

Wow, rip :(

That's such a shitty way to start the year.

Platy

To be fair I don't live in the USA =P

Where I live we had the first woman president impeached because even her party buddies didn't wanted there so they took her out to start making a the political plan of her adversary!
But we have some hope that the dude now president (the most coward president in the world) will also receive impeachment since there are lots of proof that he received a few millions in money so there is a chance we either get indirect election or direct election.

So basicaly nobody can predict what will happen in 2017 here since we already passed a long time ago the "house of cards writers would think this is too crazy to make a tv show" mark of "anything goes" for politics =P

....but the rise of the neonazis is also really worrying here (like this dude that killed 12 people and the 2 dudes who beaten a hetero cis dude because he went to protect a trans woman) so I can kinda understand =/

Sorithin

Hey ladies, I need help! So I've been on birth control for years and it's always been free and refilled every 3 months. I went to pick my refill up today and it's suddenly a $10 co-pay and I can only get one month at a time. The pharmacist said she didn't know if it was because of a new year or what, so I was thinking maybe one of you have insight on it. I switched off my parent's insurance and onto my employer's insurance at the turn of the year but thought the ACA was still offering free BC. Anyone have any idea? I'm going to call my insurance company when they open tomorrow but I'm stressed about it right now lol.

Zoe

Hey ladies, I need help! So I've been on birth control for years and it's always been free and refilled every 3 months. I went to pick my refill up today and it's suddenly a $10 co-pay and I can only get one month at a time. The pharmacist said she didn't know if it was because of a new year or what, so I was thinking maybe one of you have insight on it. I switched off my parent's insurance and onto my employer's insurance at the turn of the year but thought the ACA was still offering free BC. Anyone have any idea? I'm going to call my insurance company when they open tomorrow but I'm stressed about it right now lol.

Plug the drug name into your insurance's website. They should have a pricing tool.

Did you give your pharmacy your updated insurance before the prescription was filled?

Kisaya

I've had the opposite happen to me, with the price of my birth control going significantly lower. It can either be because the retail price changed or your insurance policy changed in the new year. In your situation it might be the latter and I would definitely call and see.

If you have a Planned Parenthood near you and qualify for the Title X Health Plan you can get BC pills for free.

Sorithin

Plug the drug name into your insurance's website. They should have a pricing tool.

Did you give your pharmacy your updated insurance before the prescription was filled?

I still have the same insurance company, just now get it through my employer rather than my dad's employer. Would that matter? I did give the pharmacy my insurance card but after it was refilled. He said that doesn't change anything.

Sorithin

If you have a Planned Parenthood near you and qualify for the Title X Health Plan you can get BC pills for free.

Does PP only offer certain brands? I'd be afraid to go on a different one as I've had bad side effects with a number of different brands.

Zoe

I still have the same insurance company, just now get it through my employer rather than my dad's employer. Would that matter? I did give the pharmacy my insurance card but after it was refilled. He said that doesn't change anything.

I would have expected your insurance group/member number to have changed. That dictates how the insurance system will pull you up.

Kisaya

Does PP only offer certain brands? I'd be afraid to go on a different one as I've had bad side effects with a number of different brands.

I think it depends on the state you live in. I'm in your boat though, my PP didn't have my brand but they were happy to write me a prescription for the ones I needed.

Sorithin

Thanks for the help, girls! I'm still just a little confused as I thought all generic BC was free under the ACA as long as you had some form of insurance. For a brief moment, I considered not getting is as I don't really want to pay $120/month as my bf is indifferent to me renewing it. But I feel like I should. I will call tomorrow though!

Zoe

Thanks for the help, girls! I'm still just a little confused as I thought all generic BC was free under the ACA as long as you had some form of insurance. For a brief moment, I considered not getting is as I don't really want to pay $120/month as my bf is indifferent to me renewing it. But I feel like I should. I will call tomorrow though!

$120 a month? Any decent pharmacy should have a generic under $10.

Zaphrynn

If you don't want kids, renew it. Maybe look into different kinds of birth control coverage and prices? Normally pills are cheapest, but if you have to pay monthly, it might be cheaper in the long run to switch to something like an IUD or implant. Everyone's insurance is so different, it's difficult to say why it costs money now =[

I was jobless and without insurance when I needed to switch birth control last, and thankfully there was a place that would do it for free. Got an implant and love it.

Grimalkin

Do you want a baby?

I don't really have anything to add here, but I'm in a similar situation. I'm extremely passive and put up a lot of boundaries myself, which makes it really difficult to date. Every time I've clicked with someone and have had those feelings reciprocated, I've found a reason to run away.

I'm not very outgoing, but I also don't really have problems making friends when I want to. It just feels like I'm built to sabotage my chances at a lasting relationship and I want to stop.

I'm sorry, I have no idea if lesbian relationships have different dynamics than straight ones. Maybe the LGBTQ+ thread has stuff on that?

On talking to woman in general though-- I mean, like all things, sometimes you just have to grit your teeth and go for it. Confidence, even if faked, outgoingness, etc.

I get you, totally. I don't really know what to say though--I've resigned myself to never having the kind of relationship I'd want, so there won't be any. &#55358;&#56631;

Sorry I meant to reply to y'all on the same day you wrote this, but I'm bad about overthinking stuff meaning to post and then forgetting about it. I don't want you to think I'm unappreciative. I do appreciate you taking the time to reply to me. I guess like you said I'll have to just take the plunge on.

Imagine life before bras.

Imagine the under boob sweat.

Imagine doing EVERYTHING with your breasts bouncing. Ugh!

Imagine your nipples rubbing a fabric that doesn't feel good. I hate it.

Today I'm at work without a bra and I HATE IT. Bras make me want to cry tears of joy.

N0VAM0D

tfw u remember girl gaf actually EXISTS wow

I introduced myself in here aaaaages ago but then stopped posting as often as I used to. I'm back to posting semi-regularly though so I thought I might say hello! You all seem so nice to chat with!

Today I'm at work without a bra and I HATE IT. Bras make me want to cry tears of joy.

I dunno if I'm in the minority here but I don't really wear a bra as much nowadays! I kinda like feelin' free and jiggly &#128526; it's summer here too and a lot of the tops I wear would look sorta silly with a bra anyway, so there's also that

I always need one at work though because it's waitressing and gets SO HOT and gross so I totally get that sentiment for sure

Kimaka

I dislike them and wouldn't wear them if I didn't get pointy nips.

Top Bottom