• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Pretty sure both IN would be against "one" as much as myself.

dTVKL.gif

I've always wanted to try something like that. MMF seem like so much fun :3

If that is what you were implying. If not, disregard the last statement.

Bacon is awesome!

dTVKL.gif

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Haven't been in this thread since the first pages of the FIRST version, but I'm bored at work and just was thinking about my little sister. She just turned 14 and is starting highschool... and I just realized what that means for a girl (I'm sure I'm only just thinking about the tip of the iceberg).

She lives with my mom and older sister (although she's moving out soon) so I don't see her super duper often, but I feel like I should be a figure in her life now, at least in someway influential. She's a smart girl, so I'm not really worried about her persay, but I remember growing up in that household... my mom wasn't exactly well versed with North American culture, so she had a bit of a rough time dealing with my older sister in her teenage years. I think my mom is pretty westernized now, so it won't be so hard this time around for her - but during this delicate time I want to do my 'part' as it were in helping my sister have a good next couple of years.

I just realize the sort of conversations this might mean I'll have to have with her and fuck - I just hope I am not awkward as all hell.

A.E Suggs

I already did this cosplay :p
If your tall I could really see that working out really well. I've never done cosplay but that's because I've never been to a comic-con or anime convention :(.

I want to go as Catwoman, but I might just go as saucy cat/devil.

Or Idaho.

Hmm could you be a little more specific there's tons of catwoman costumes. You should most def try to do a harlequin*from batman) costume though.

Hmm could you be a little more specific there's tons of catwoman costumes. You should most def try to do a harlequin*from batman) costume though.
I'm not sure yet, my favorite is the Arkham City one but if my best friend buys a Bane mask I'll look up the Dark Knight Rises one.

And a Harley Quinn one is one I'd want to do but never get around to do it.

Kimaka

So... what's everyone dressing up as for Halloween? I have no ideas on my side yet, but I want to do something this year.

I probably won't do anything this year since I have no one to go with unless my Aunt wants me to take her kids trick-or-treating. I usually end up as a witch or sorceress but I've always wanted to try something a bit more complicated. One day I'll put together a decent looking Jedi costume.

Haven't been in this thread since the first pages of the FIRST version, but I'm bored at work and just was thinking about my little sister. She just turned 14 and is starting highschool... and I just realized what that means for a girl (I'm sure I'm only just thinking about the tip of the iceberg).

She lives with my mom and older sister (although she's moving out soon) so I don't see her super duper often, but I feel like I should be a figure in her life now, at least in someway influential. She's a smart girl, so I'm not really worried about her persay, but I remember growing up in that household... my mom wasn't exactly well versed with North American culture, so she had a bit of a rough time dealing with my older sister in her teenage years. I think my mom is pretty westernized now, so it won't be so hard this time around for her - but during this delicate time I want to do my 'part' as it were in helping my sister have a good next couple of years.

I just realize the sort of conversations this might mean I'll have to have with her and fuck - I just hope I am not awkward as all hell.

Be the person she can confide in about shit.

Kinitari

Black Canada Mafia
Be the person she can confide in about shit.

That's sort of the role I am picturing in my head... and I know that she can't talk to my older sister about stuff... that girl is crazy. And talking to my mom is probably out of the question for a lot of stuff. I wish I knew how I could tell her that I can seriously be there to talk to her about things she can't trust with anyone else. Tons of my relatives will tell her "oh [my sister's name] you're becoming a woman now, if you ever want to talk to someone, you know I am here" - only to be throw ridiculous judgement at her and religious intervention if she sneezes in an unladylike way. No... She knows better than to trust them by now.

I guess I just have to tell her I am different and hope she trusts me.

That's sort of the role I am picturing in my head... and I know that she can't talk to my older sister about stuff... that girl is crazy. And talking to my mom is probably out of the question for a lot of stuff. I wish I knew how I could tell her that I can seriously be there to talk to her about things she can't trust with anyone else. Tons of my relatives will tell her "oh [my sister's name] you're becoming a woman now, if you ever want to talk to someone, you know I am here" - only to be throw ridiculous judgement at her and religious intervention if she sneezes in an unladylike way. No... She knows better than to trust them by now.

I guess I just have to tell her I am different and hope she trusts me.
Don't make it hard for her nor judge her. It's a shitty experience to see people you trust doing that.

Samara

I dont know if this belongs on confession gaf but here it goes:

I just bought 3 OPI nail polish by Justin Bieber and Kim Kardashian....I'm sorry but the colors are too gorgeous. I had to snatch it from an old lady's grasp, that shit's mine! MINE!

I took these colors.

KENDAL ON THE CATWALK
KIM KONFIDENTIAL

Ill buy DISCO DOLLS if I can find it tomorrow.
I dont know who this Kendal is and I dont want to know....please.

I really want to dress up as Anton Chigurh
40THn.jpg

I could totally pull it off.

Oh! You'd be brilliant as him, doitlive! Definitely go for it.

Something to do with the ancient Egyptian look with the straight black hair, the fringe and the make-up. That is if I were going somewhere I'd definitely go for that!

A bit toned down version like this.

jbhi6cdNLvkKmf.jpg

You have the perfect face for it, Inanna. If there isn't a party for you to go to so you can dress up like that, then you need to make one happen. :)

I probably won't do anything this year since I have no one to go with unless my Aunt wants me to take her kids trick-or-treating. I usually end up as a witch or sorceress but I've always wanted to try something a bit more complicated. One day I'll put together a decent looking Jedi costume.

No parties or events you can go to? Maybe even just dress up with some friends and hit a bar that night? A beer chugging Jedi would be a sight to see.

Are we talking about halloween costumes? This is what I'm going as:

Nice! Where do you find a jacket like the one she's wearing, though? Are you going to make it?

No idea what the GF wants to do for Halloween. I think she wants me to dress up as a 20/30s gangster and she will base her costume off of that. I think I can pull that look off.

Leeness

*rubs hands together* Bish is going to town on that creepshot thread.

Pretty awesome.

Ugh, y'all, I'm so lazy and need to get back to working out. I've been so ugh because I stopped taking the pill so my PMS has been like...three weeks long haha. SWEET. Hopefully this shit balances out.

Kimaka

I've been on and off with exercising for months. I was going to the park to go walking or jogging but keep getting lazy.

No parties or events you can go to? Maybe even just dress up with some friends and hit a bar that night? A beer chugging Jedi would be a sight to see.

No. I moved back to my home town after college so the friends that I have are in a different city and I lost contact with friends from high school. I'm thinking about volunteering somewhere so I can make new friends and have something to do. /unemployed

I was working out pretty steadily and then weather and sickness and exams and now a school break messed up my routine and now I'm trying to get back in sync.

I was a bridesmaid at 3 weddings this year. That's 3 useless dresses I'll never wear again a day in my life. :/ So much wasted money.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can/should do with them? Anyone here want them? :p

The last one of the year was on Saturday. I got really bummed out during the dollar dance. The groom had a ton of ladies lined up to dance with him but the bride only had a small handful. Guys are such shits. I went around with a couple other bridesmaids and tried to recruit people so she wouldn't feel bad about herself but were unsuccessful.

I hope the people who show up to my wedding actually know/care enough about me to want to participate. I felt a distinct asshole vibe from a tone of people in the room. A lot of folks who weren't even dressed up. I'm not talking sweater and khakis. I'm talking tapout teeshirts and flip flops.

I was a bridesmaid at 3 weddings this year. That's 3 useless dresses I'll never wear again a day in my life. :/ So much wasted money.

Anyone have any ideas on what I can/should do with them? Anyone here want them? :p

The last one of the year was on Saturday. I got really bummed out during the dollar dance. The groom had a ton of ladies lined up to dance with him but the bride only had a small handful. Guys are such shits. I went around with a couple other bridesmaids and tried to recruit people so she wouldn't feel bad about herself but were unsuccessful.

I hope the people who show up to my wedding actually know/care enough about me to want to participate. I felt a distinct asshole vibe from a tone of people in the room. A lot of folks who weren't even dressed up. I'm not talking sweater and khakis. I'm talking tapout teeshirts and flip flops.

What. If you aren't even going to dress up don't come damn.

I feel really bad :( One of my friends got married yesterday, but she had the wedding in Fiji so only a couple of people could even attend. I think she might have eloped as well, so I doubt her parents were there.

I'm talking tapout teeshirts and flip flops.

Damn, that's just insulting, especially since it costs a lot of money to have people at a wedding.

Re: the dresses. Can they be worn out clubbing/ to formal affairs, or be altered so that they are appropriate? Otherwise I'd sell them I guess, but it seems like a bit of a waste.

I feel really bad :( One of my friends got married yesterday, but she had the wedding in Fiji so only a couple of people could even attend. I think she might have eloped as well, so I doubt her parents were there.

Damn, that's just insulting, especially since it costs a lot of money to have people at a wedding.

Re: the dresses. Can they be worn out clubbing/ to formal affairs, or be altered so that they are appropriate? Otherwise I'd sell them I guess, but it seems like a bit of a waste.

You can never wear them again. They just scream "bridesmaid dress." :(

Leeness

I was working out pretty steadily and then weather and sickness and exams and now a school break messed up my routine and now I'm trying to get back in sync.

Pretty much. It's so hard to get back into it.

Uggghhh my stomach hurts. After almost 10 years of pill to fix my PMS, noooooo I don't like this.

Oh no Leeness :( Go find yourself a heat pack and drink some tea.
Going off the pill has made it more painful? Can you start taking them again?

This is my thought. :/ I don't even know who else would want them. They're pretty I guess but you're right.

Speaking of accessories.

I own these.

http://img1.etsystatic.com/il_570xN.255328977.jpgIMG][/QUOTE]

Well, I bought my formal dress second hand. Not sure if it was a bridesmaid dress, but it was hand made and it was gorgeous. There's always someone out there who might love it!

Also, those earrings are amazing.

Prax

Sell them or turn them into Halloween costumes? >_> You could start wearing them for any costume party. Just spice it up with the appropriate holiday trimming (skulls, hollies, sparklies, flowers) and you'll be good to go! XD

Also, wedding planning sucks. Why does everything cost so much money? Why is my family so big? Why must they all eat food I don't care about? Why do they even care about how "proper" things are? Blah.

Don't think I'd spend money on something I'd only wear once and wasn't edible or something.
I went through a stage of buying expensive lolita and punk clothing, most of which I think is awesome but I've never worn out. But I don't wanna get rid of it ;.; same with my prom dress I guess. It's too pretty to give away. And so it will sit in my very crowded closet forever.

Don't think I'd spend money on something I'd only wear once and wasn't edible or something.
You know whaddup.

I went through a stage of buying expensive lolita and punk clothing, most of which I think is awesome but I've never worn out. But I don't wanna get rid of it ;.; same with my prom dress I guess. It's too pretty to give away. And so it will sit in my very crowded closet forever.
lolita and punk?

oh, shan

Top Bottom