• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

XiaNaphryz

LATIN, MATRIPEDICABUS, DO YOU SPEAK IT
Also, on an entirely different topic. Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back at Starbucks. I love them so.

Pfwo9.jpg

So girlgaf .. what are you girls doing ?

The kickstarter thread got me a little emotionaly and I read some interesting things to relax ...

Today is Children's Day here in my country and I kinda wanted to use that as an excuse to get me something ... any ideas ?
Watching Desperate Housewives w/my partner over Skype. It's so, so terrible and everyone on the show drives me up the wall but...we can't stop. >_<

I applaud your fortitude in the Kickstarter thread! I'm so burned out on arguing about sexism in gaming from long, long before I registered for GAF, so I backed out of that one pretty soon after it nosedived. /smh

So girlgaf .. what are you girls doing ?

I was debating whether to buy an ipad or a 3DS, or just save all my money for the Korea Japan trip I'm planning for next year since I'm not getting many shifts. In my indecision I started browsing ebay and accidentally ended up buying a pokemon plushie. I don't understand.
Also playing walking dead! Anyway, that's what I've been doing :p Meanwhile my two speeches and one assignment for next week sit completely unstarted.

Emitan

If you buy a 3DS you get Swapnotes from me. But if you buy an iPad you aren't spammed with horrible drawings. A tough choice I know.

dk_

OT: I'm writing on behalf of my girlfriend (who lives in Germany) who's looking for a penpal in the US to swap beauty or sweets packages.

PM, please.

Leeness

Welcome back, Devo~

Man, past few weeks, favour has not looked kindly upon my family. One of my dogs got hit by a car a few weeks ago. She's fine (shockingly), but it still sucked.

Now my dad is waiting in emerg to get his appendix removed (probably. Still not certain, but most likely).

He'll be fine, though.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYih6KeTWEk

Dom Brunt

Now my dad is waiting in emerg to get his appendix removed (probably. Still not certain, but most likely).

He'll be fine, though.

I had that done about a month ago, it sucked at the time and the pain before I got some meds was absolutely horrible but the recovery time wasn't too bad I guess (never had surgery before). I hate the scars though, they're still painful and not very pretty. Definitely bigger than the surgeon said they'd be but I guess I'm being vain lol.

If you don't mind, I am going to henceforth mentally read all of your posts in the voice of Lucille Bluth.

I don't understand the comment, and I won't respond to it.

That would probably make whatever I say much more interesting.

Pumpkin spice latte was meh but then again Starbucks espresso is meh.

Yeah, I had a Starbucks one not long ago, and I have certainly had much better pumpkin lattes. I do love their Cinnamon Dolce ones though. Also, welcome back!

I hope your dad will be okay, Leeness.

Salted caramel mocha is my new addiction. There, I said it.

Starbucks Salted Caramel Hot Chocolate is better. It might be that I had it going up the road to Big Bear at around 32 degrees F(a lot lower probably due to wind chill) with only mesh motorcycle gear on top of jeans and a t-shirt.

Still good riding, that day.

And Lee, anyone who knows their way around Simpson's reference is a plus in my book. I <3 the Simpsons thread on gaf.

Everyone in the apartment I live in (house converted to apartment) came over yesterday for drinks and fun times. First time I've ever met the man who lives upstairs for any length of time. 5 girls and two guys (my boyfriend and the guy who lives upstairs.)

It was interesting to say the least. Everyone is single except for me and my SO. This guy is something else though. 6'5". Iraq war vet. Fun/funny. And rather, RATHER attractive. To top it off there have been maybe three occasions where he has had a girl over and we can hear her screams of ecstasy coming from upstairs. So they all found him very intriguing.

When I went to wake my friend/roommate up for coffee I saw him laying in bed next to her.

She's been admiring him from afar for a while now but they only just met last night. On one hand I think it's hilarious, on the other hand I think good for her because she hasn't gotten laid in a while after a bad breakup. On the other hand I feel like it's a risky decision that might lead to awkwardness. Also I can't help but feel a smidge of regret that I never had a wild period of time in my life. I've been with the same person since I was a freshman in high school. I'm in love, and I'm happy. Is it odd to be jealous though? Just a little bit? If for no other reason than that I've never gotten a chance to be bad...

/livejournal

I wish I had 3 hands. Also, no it's not weird to be jealous as you really missed out on a significant part of your youth as you never get to have these years back. It was your choice though, so no don't regret it if you enjoy what you have now.

leadbelly

Banned
Yeah. It's the idea that you're missing out on something. It's like that experience would somehow make your life richer and more fulfilled. In a way, you're only missing out on something because you believe you are. If you're happy and you feel your life has purpose, it doesn't necessarily matter all that much. The chances are the experience isn't going to alter your perception of reality. May end up being a little disappointing. :p

Of course it doesn't always make much of a difference.

Opiate

Yeah. It's the idea that you're missing out on something. It's like that experience would somehow make your life richer and more fulfilled. In a way, you're only missing out on something because you believe you are. If you're happy and you feel your life has purpose, it doesn't necessarily matter all that much. The chances are the experience isn't going to alter your perception of reality. May end up being a little disappointing. :p

Of course it doesn't always make much of a difference.

I think a similar feeling many people have is when choosing a profession: once you have truly decided on one, all the others are consequently thrown out the window. Are you going to be a lawyer? That can be great, and hopefully you can imagine a long, fulfilling life helping clients who are in need. But this choice means you'll never be a doctor, never be a teacher who helps young kids with special needs, never spend years helping the sick in Cambodia, never be a Computer Engineer who creates an important new invention, never become a physicist who discovers a new supernovae, never become a truck driver who gets to go to all 50 states and experience life on the road.

Just as you envy people who had a bad-girl period, lots of other people envy someone who can still be in love with the same person 5+ years down the line, or 10+ years down the line if you guys make it there, and so forth. This is a long winded way of saying "the grass is always greener."

Think of it this way ducky: the median number of sexual partners in a lifetime in the US is 6. The mean is much higher, as there are those crazy outliers with 100+ partners. The point of that information is this: if you end up only sleeping with your current boyfriend, staying in love with him, getting married and so forth, you are actually the one with the unique life experience by modern standards. It is you who is experiencing something unusual, not the girl who dates around for a bit in her 20s until she finds someone she can tolerate and settles down at 28.

It would be nice to experience consuming, passionate love for a single individual for a whole lifetime, but it can also be nice to experience love for lots of people over the course of decades. I'm not saying one choice is better than the other, just that, unfortunately, you cannot have both those experiences within a single lifetime.

Everyone in the apartment I live in (house converted to apartment) came over yesterday for drinks and fun times. First time I've ever met the man who lives upstairs for any length of time. 5 girls and two guys (my boyfriend and the guy who lives upstairs.)

It was interesting to say the least. Everyone is single except for me and my SO. This guy is something else though. 6'5". Iraq war vet. Fun/funny. And rather, RATHER attractive. To top it off there have been maybe three occasions where he has had a girl over and we can hear her screams of ecstasy coming from upstairs. So they all found him very intriguing.

When I went to wake my friend/roommate up for coffee I saw him laying in bed next to her.

She's been admiring him from afar for a while now but they only just met last night. On one hand I think it's hilarious, on the other hand I think good for her because she hasn't gotten laid in a while after a bad breakup. On the other hand I feel like it's a risky decision that might lead to awkwardness. Also I can't help but feel a smidge of regret that I never had a wild period of time in my life. I've been with the same person since I was a freshman in high school. I'm in love, and I'm happy. Is it odd to be jealous though? Just a little bit? If for no other reason than that I've never gotten a chance to be bad...

/livejournal

Been there. Done that. Just remember not to hold onto a sour relationship because you've been together for so long and you need to make it work no matter how much your own happiness suffers.

Top Bottom