• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GirlGAF |OT 2| Shall I Compare Thee to a Summer's Eve?

Loona

I've been to one during a friend's bachelor party, and a girl there actually performed to Tina Turner's "Private Dancer"... Now that's meta, I wonder how often that happens...

Otherwise, not a fan of the concept if only the eyes get something out of it. Even worse when it comes to stuff like lap dances - if some naked girl is rubbing herself against me and I can't touch her back, someone should be paying me, not the other way around.

leadbelly

Banned
Otherwise, not a fan of the concept if only the eyes get something out of it. Even worse when it comes to stuff like lap dances - if some naked girl is rubbing herself against me and I can't touch her back, someone should be paying me, not the other way around.

Yeah. I've never been to a strip club. Seems like a big waste of money to me.

A.E Suggs

Yeah. I've never been to a strip club. Seems like a big waste of money to me.
You don't have to spend money but I see no reason to go if you arent going to throw some dollars. You get to get more action from some of them depending on the person your giving money to.

That said it could be seen as a waste of money, but i'm sure we all waste money on something that other people don't see as a waste of money. I think going out to eat is a waste of money when you have food at home but thats just me.

Isn't that what normal clubs/bars are for?

A strip joint can double as that, it covers all the bases.

Yeah I need to hit up a male one for sure. The ones I've been to so far the better gals pick some interesting tunes though.

Every gay club I've ever been too has had male strippers, Especially on Saturday nights. Ive seen so many dicks there. Too much meat for this vegetarian.

Side note, I just bought these boots and skirt last week. I love them so much!
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/skirts/demure-meets-daring-skirt-in-persimmon
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boots/all-a-boot-style-boots

Kisaya

Every gay club I've ever been too has had male strippers, Especially on Saturday nights. Ive seen so many dicks there. Too much meat for this vegetarian.

Side note, I just bought these boots and skirt last week. I love them so much!
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/skirts/demure-meets-daring-skirt-in-persimmon
http://www.modcloth.com/shop/shoes-boots/all-a-boot-style-boots

Waaahh what a pretty skirt ;A; I recently bought these boots from Aldo and I couldn't be happier ;3 Might buy myself a cheap knockoff in black or a darker color just to have ^_^;

I just got a facebook invite from an old high school acquaintance to a "sex-toy party" that she was hosting. What the fuck?

Has anyone else been invited to something like this? Is it normal? Seems like it would be the most awkward evening ever.

Opiate

It's one of many of the myriad offshoots of the women's sexual liberation movement. It's the suburban housewife way of saying, "look, I can talk about these things openly now and have a fun time and not be ashamed!" That's the implicit underlying message.

I know this because of reasons.

I think it’s like a tupperware party, but instead of plastic containers someone tries to sell you sex toys.

This is how the invite made it seem. Just seemed weird to me. I've never felt a need for toys but I imagine the normal route for obtaining one would be going to a sex shop. No need to make it a social experience.

It's one of many of the myriad offshoots of the women's sexual liberation movement. It's the suburban housewife way of saying, "look, I can talk about these things openly now and have a fun time and not be ashamed!" That's the implicit underlying message.

I guess. I'm not at all embarrassed by talking about sex or masturbation but I'd still like to keep my sexual experiences, well, intimate.

Zoe

It's also MLM.

Came very close to defriending someone on FB because of all of the Pampered Chef notices I was getting this past weekend.

I just got a facebook invite from an old high school acquaintance to a "sex-toy party" that she was hosting. What the fuck?

Has anyone else been invited to something like this? Is it normal? Seems like it would be the most awkward evening ever.
I went to one of these that my friend from law school put together and it was a ton of fun. Basically, a representative from an online sex store came and gave a presentation on several of their products. They were passed around so we could check them out and in some instances we could try some of the stuff (obviously not all of it, but somethings could be sampled in a sanitary, non sexual way). After the presentation, the representative set up shop in a different room so we could go to her and order things in privacy if we wanted.

I guess it just depends on the group of people you're with. I was with a bunch of 20-something friends from my (close-knit) school, so it was pretty laid back and hilarious, not awkward at all.

At least dildo parties aren't as weird as the male equivalent.

Give fleshtube parties another 10-20 years before becoming somewhat socially acceptable.

It's probably less dildos and more vibrators. There are tons of types now from like egg shaped/size ones to things you can just sit on at home that stimulate your clit.

It's probably less dildos and more vibrators. There are tons of types now from like egg shaped/size ones to things you can just sit on at home that stimulate your clit.

I've always wanted those. Not a big dildo fan to begin with. I had a rabbit for a while, that was t bad but I really only liked the vibrating rabbit ears.

It's also MLM.

Came very close to defriending someone on FB because of all of the Pampered Chef notices I was getting this past weekend.

That's what seemed so strange to me. A girl I haven't spoken to in at least 7-8 years inviting me to a party filled with people I don't know and trying to sell me sex toys. I've stopped hanging out with some of my friends who got caught up selling jewelry for some pyramid scheme.

I'm really not the biggest fan of them in general, it doesn't feel too good, but sometimes I give them a go. Your fingers are your best friends however.

My hand always got the job done just fine, so vibes always seemed pointless to me. Besides that, I remember once reading that constant vibrator use could leave your clitoris desensitized.

Manathen

Neo Member
My hand always got the job done just fine, so vibes always seemed pointless to me. Besides that, I remember once reading that constant vibrator use could leave your clitoris desensitized.

It recovers fairly quickly, though.

Hi! Didn't realise this had moved. Very slow on the uptake.

I find the invitation coming from an old high school acquaintance is the weirder part.

Ezalc

Fry_Looking_Squint.jpg

At least dildo parties aren't as weird as the male equivalent.

Give fleshtube parties another 10-20 years before becoming somewhat socially acceptable.

They better have those Japanese electronic ones I can hook up to my computer or no sale!

Yeah. I mean I'll discuss this stuff online but going vib shopping with gals I hardly know? Kind of weird.

I've gone vibe shopping. It's actually pretty fun if you can laugh at the ridiculous stuff. The high school thing is weird, but it's because I assume she never speaks to the girl.

Yeah. I mean I'll discuss this stuff online but going vib shopping with gals I hardly know? Kind of weird.
Guess this is the sort of thing that just really depends on the person. The first time I went to a sex store was on a college class "field trip" (Female Sexuality, UC Berkeley, etc etc) and it wasn't awkward or weird. Ofc, everyone there had chosen to sign up for the class and we'd all gotten to know each other very, very well over the course of the semester (part of the curriculum really). And at the sex toy party I mentioned above, I didn't know all of the women there, but the ones I did know were good friends and it made the whole event laid back and fun. /shrug

I've gone vibe shopping. It's actually pretty fun if you can laugh at the ridiculous stuff. The high school thing is weird, but it's because I assume she never speaks to the girl.

Oh I've gone vib shoppin' too, even dragged TD into one in SF since they have a vibrator museum too. But with random people? lol.

Guess this is the sort of thing that just really depends on the person. The first time I went to a sex store was on a college class "field trip" (Female Sexuality, UC Berkeley, etc etc) and it wasn't awkward or weird. Ofc, everyone there had chosen to sign up for the class and we'd all gotten to know each other very, very well over the course of the semester (part of the curriculum really). And at the sex toy party I mentioned above, I didn't know all of the women there, but the ones I did know were good friends and it made the whole event laid back and fun. /shrug

Oh okay I thought it was mostly randoms so I was like "huh."

Hell yeah. That's where I got my first one (the one in Berkeley though). I also learned what anal beads were that day in my teens.
Nice! Good Vibes in Berkeley was my first too :) That place was a staple of my college years, taking the bus down San Pablo to stock up on goods ;-) I use Babeland in Seattle now, which is basically the same store, but Good Vibes is still my fave.

Naaaah, so awkward and weird and unfortunate. Sex talk is great when it doesn't involve me. Haha.
But the best part is that no one else ever has to know. You can be as private as you want.

*sees Fifty Shades of Grey on front page*
How unfortunate.

Even more unfortunate. http://www.goodvibes.com/display_product.jhtml?id=1-9-XX-1230
Hahaha, oh geez, I missed that. But actually, I think something like this is a good idea. If Fifty Shades of Grey is acting as a gateway for more women to explore their sexuality and try out sex toys and the like that they otherwise wouldn't have felt confident/curious enough about in the first place, I'd say that's a good thing.

Hahaha, oh geez, I missed that. But actually, I think something like this is a good idea. If Fifty Shades of Grey is acting as a gateway for more women to explore their sexuality and try out sex toys and the like that they otherwise wouldn't have felt confident/curious enough about in the first place, I'd say that's a good thing.
I agree, there just has to be a better way. :\

I would so order something from that site if I didn't live with my parents. Depends on how discrete the packaging is o guess, I've ordered weirder stuff before.
Too weird and awkward even privately. Haha. Like I said: very repressed, so much so, I will more than likely never not be. Haha.
Come on~ if not here then where? Unless you know people irl there's nothing to be embarrassed about.

Top Bottom